Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    "Prosit" would be the Swedish version of it, I usually don't say it though as I've never seen the point of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't anymore. When I was a kid I used to say it just because everyone else did it so I just thought it was a thing to say to be polite. Now I don't give a shit anymore. It's one of those things that's hard wired in our brains where we just say it without even thinking. It's stupid too how some people will find it appalling that you didn't say "god bless you" when they sneeze as if you're required to say it. It's also a religious thing in a way too and I don't care too much about religion so that would be another reason why I don't say it anymore. I'll say it once in a while when a family member sneezes just because they're family but other than that, nope.

From what I heard a long time ago, people say it because I guess when you sneeze religious people will say that you sneezed out a demon and they say "God bless you" to give you God's blessing or whatever. Another one I heard is because when you sneeze your heart stops for a second so people will say the "bless you" line.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I do to my family/strangers because I was raised to say it, more of a politeness thing than religious. I do not say it to my husband because he thinks it is silly.

Always to people I know, sometimes to strangers too. May sound strange, but that caused some good conversations and resulted in a friendship before

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Urobolos View Post
    I say gesundheit, still polite and removes the religious connotation.
    This. Lots of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

I say bless you, sometimes I forget to but I try to say it. My spanish teacher says that in spain if you sneeze once they say salud (health), twice dinero (money) and if three times amor (love).

Deleted
    We say "prosit" in Denmark. It is the same as the german "gesundheit".

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Yes, I do. I also thank someone if they say it to me when I sneeze. Just reflex I suppose.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

I always do, it is common courtesy. Although our version flows a little more, a simple "prosit"(means bless you in latin, I think).

I use Seinfeld theory. So I say "you are sooooo good lookin".

There is not a single person in the US that knows it's bless you, to every American it is Blesh you.

I say Gesundheit, was how I was taught.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say Gesundheit (Health in German)

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually say "Bless you" out of habit, but I personally dislike when people say it to me because I hate the obligation of saying "Thank you".

#teamtoolazy

I don't. I just find it pointless to do it. It's not like I bless the other person and when the roles are reversed I never feel blessed. Most likely that's just me though.

Don't say it. Don't care if it's said to me. It did used to annoy me at one of my jobs where one particular someone would pipe up from several cubical-rows away loudly "God bless you!!" seemed like attention-whoring to me.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

10+ Year Old Account
    Weirdly my gf brought this up the other day, when I didn't say "bless you" after she sneezed... pointless in my opinion. I don't mind if it is or is not said to me when I sneeze... I never say it regardless.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

Aye. Don't believe in the reasons for it, but it's polite.

I say "I hope it isn't plague!"

It's usually 50/50 whether or not people get shitty about it.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Needs a poll:
    Never
    Rarely
    Sometimes
    Often
    Always

I say it very rarely.