Desperate for help, Resto Sham in bgs

How does anyone heal as Resto shaman in BGs??

It is insanley hard to get a single cast heal off. I am actually serious with this question, no trolls please.

Step 1: Queue with friends

Step 2: Go mad

10+ Year Old Account
    Same problem as in arena. You will just have to learn to juke (jk disrupting shout/stormbolt/shockwave/intimidating shout oops you hexed yourself nvm you are dead now) and accept getting trained by unpeelable mongoloid warriors until they get nerfed. That's why I stopped playing my shaman. You can at least outplay casters with shear/grounding etc. With warriors you just get shit on and there's nothing you can do about it.
    Last edited by Illiterate; 2013-11-04 at 03:22 AM.

You can't juke in a battleground. I can't tell you how many times I've started a cast, stopped, not been interrupted, start again and get hit right at the end of the cast. It's amazing how accurate the interrupts are.

Healing in a BG as a shaman means dropping totems, riptide, earth shield, and the occasional fast heal following riptide. Anything with a cast time only gets used if you can get into a good position or your team is pushing forward. If you get full Tyr it'll get a lot better but it'll still be interrupts all day long and ascendance, jeezus, I think guys in the other BG's zone in to interrupt you when you fire that up.

Quote Originally Posted by walkingtall View Post
    You can't juke in a battleground. I can't tell you how many times I've started a cast, stopped, not been interrupted, start again and get hit right at the end of the cast. It's amazing how accurate the interrupts are.

Healing in a BG as a shaman means dropping totems, riptide, earth shield, and the occasional fast heal following riptide. Anything with a cast time only gets used if you can get into a good position or your team is pushing forward. If you get full Tyr it'll get a lot better but it'll still be interrupts all day long and ascendance, jeezus, I think guys in the other BG's zone in to interrupt you when you fire that up.
    Problem is with Rogues Mind Numbing Poison juking becomes impossible against any decent player, and with other classes you have to juke 3-4 times minimum and the chance to be interrupted is still greater than 90%.
    And warriors are absolutely un-peelable. Plus letting Warriors intervene their own banners is quite possibly one of the most colossal blunders I have ever seen in pvp.

In battleground with 10 or more enemy and all the stun, silences, interupts and CC, casting is basically impossible.

Are their any experienced Shaman healers who know how to not be stun to death?

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Same problem as in arena. You will just have to learn to juke (jk disrupting shout/stormbolt/shockwave/intimidating shout oops you hexed yourself nvm you are dead now) and accept getting trained by unpeelable mongoloid warriors until they get nerfed. That's why I stopped playing my shaman. You can at least outplay casters with shear/grounding etc. With warriors you just get shit on and there's nothing you can do about it.
    Basicly.
    play with friends who can peel, or go mad because it's warrior season and they hunting healers.

1.Get interrupt bar and practice faking.

2.Unleash weapon rock biter is awesome.

3.Stand in the back of the group and watch your positioning. You don't wanted to be in a spot where you can be reached easily.

4.Try to use your cool downs to counter enemy offense cool downs. So if you see a warlock with demon soul up shear him and hex or if a warrior pops recklessness and avatar. Counter them with healing tide + rock biter weapon.

5.In most random battlegrounds your death is normally because of positioning. You want to land your cc while getting cc'd as little as possible. Always make sure your cc's are on cool down or make sure your holding on to them for a reason. Never say "oh i forgot to shear" and continue to not fix the problem(I am bad at this on my shaman).

5.Shit happens sometimes you run into pre-made or random groups that just know how to focus healers. If this happens bring friends who peel and realized you are the only healer in this game that actually cast.

6.Duel a lot and learn other classes abilities. An example would be not showing a rogue your back when he shadow dances. If get really good at dueling you can make friend/arena partners or impress good players.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-11-04 at 10:07 AM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Svarbald View Post
    Are their any experienced Shaman healers who know how to not be stun to death?
    Thanks, I've never, ever, not once, healed in a BG. Nope, don't do it, never have, just talking out my backside, say, is WSG the flag one, or is that ToK, Tok is the one I was grinding for honor back in 2005, 8 years ago, right?

I'll get out of the way of the "experienced" players now.
    Last edited by walkingtall; 2013-11-04 at 09:17 PM.

How do you get duels on a healer? Most people just pass.

Quote Originally Posted by empyblessing View Post
    How do you get duels on a healer? Most people just pass.
    I am on ed and find people to duel all the time. Just practice till you can live through all class but dks. I haven't play my shaman in a couple weeks but dks use to just fuck me through all my cooldowns. Just keep spam dueling in the hopes people accept.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-11-05 at 12:26 AM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

positioning, save cds like healing stream for when you are worried about interrupts, other wise hard cast when you are free too. Keep in mind if you multiple dps riding you without support you are going to die even if they overlap stuns, silences and can't land an interrupt for their life, you still are going to die just the current state of the game.

The trend I've been seeing in normal bgs lately is that people (specifically warriors and rogues) don't even bother using their interupt anymore. They have enough other tools they don't even need them. Small satisfaction when pull a stun with your fake cast.

OT- Only thing I'd add to the other posts is to use the stamina / stun reduction meta. Helps a bit.