You wake up as blizzard CEO

It's a new quarter. You take a look at your bank accounts and see that you're $1.3 billion richer.

Would you make WoW free to play?

10+ Year Old Account
    And stop paying my employees? Sounds like a bad business model.

No? Why would I do that if the product is still making a profit as a subscription model and is still wildly successful compared to most other MMOs on the market?

Um I think you are a little confused about a CEO's bank account and a companies bank account?

P.S No, never, would never happen, not in a million years.
    Last edited by dejec1989; 2013-11-04 at 05:53 PM.

I'd fire everyone, see how well I'd fair doing every job simultaneously on my own, then sell the stock at the end of the day hoping their still profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    It's a new quarter. You take a look at your bank accounts and see that you're $1.3 billion richer.

Unlikely...their would need to be a large shift in the customer base before this would even be a possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    Um I think you are a little confused about a CEO's bank account and a companies bank account?
    This ^

Maybe 100 millions or something, 1B? Lol.

No. Why do that when the game still has more subs than all the other F2P games combined? If I did that I wouldn't be CEO for long. Why do so many people insist that it would be smart for Blizzard to just start giving money away? Where are they learning economics from?
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, I wouldn't.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So naturally you're wondering if I would retire immediately? Yes. Yes, I would.

Oh...that's not what you wanted to know? Ok. Would I make WoW free to play? No. That would be the dumbest thing I could do in regards to their business if I became CEO and I would be voted out of the company immediately.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    No - instead I'd quit, take my money and laugh myself to retirement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Liquidate everything sell the company take my money, move to asia and do....stuff.

but in all seriousness if people are still paying.....milk the cow
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    With all that money?? The first thing i would do is ask where the hell is my swiming pool filled with money!

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't see why Id want to kill the game to be honest.

I'd actually make it go back to BC style, with current "graphics", the new models, the variety of dungeons and zones, but BC difficulty based so everyone get to raid according to the time/effort they put in. (Yes, yes, yes, it's my old story all over again ;p)

But actually, wtf, I'd go bananas and buy stuff I can't have right now with all that money ;p

Deleted
    F2P? Never, I would rather retire as a CEO even if I was there only for 1 day before I destroy a game by making it F2P.

I think I'd be more concerned about how I got transplanted into a different dude.

No.

But I would buff Warrior dps substantially, nerf mages in PvP (completely take away Frost Nova and increase blink cooldown by 50%), also I would break the legs of every single Monk character. Stop fucking running away.