Poll: What do you think?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    Adding or Removing a feature from WoW for the better of the game rather than for the amount of subscriptions?

It seems Blizzard always tries to fix or add a feature to regain subscriptions rather than get the game on the right track. They know there are features in the game that are dampening the experience (Their statement on flying mounts ruining the incentive to explore for example) but they are trying to create ways to get around it rather than facing the problem head on.

So can you ever see Blizzard removing or adding a feature in WoW for the betterment of the game's life? Or will they always have the rising and falling of subscriptions dictate what happens?

EDIT :

I guess to better clarify, lets say Blizzard hates a feature they added or regret adding. Can you see Blizzard ever removing said feature for the sake of making the game better?

Lets say they remove flying mounts for example, we know a lot of people would quit WoW and another group of people would agree it was the right thing. (Not saying Blizzard regrets adding flying mounts, not saying flying mounts are a bad thing.) lets 'pretend' in Blizzard's eyes having a flying mount is a bad feature and shouldn't have been added, can you see blizzard removing it?

I will have to say Flying is a bad example, that is actually a good thing. Bad features include PVP stats.

Making PVP only something one group can enjoy is bad game design. They fixed raiding so everyone can enjoy it, they need to do the same for PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Can you see how convuluted your logic is? All this "it seems"? Do you have insight how they make decisions? Do you have insight that another decision would be indeed better for "the game's life"
    I stopped reading once you started attacking me about me saying "It seems". Of course I don't have insight on the inner workings of Blizzard, that's why I said "it seems." because on my end thats what it feels like. Do I know that? No. Do I work for Blizzard? No. Thats the whole definition of speculation.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Scaling back, and taking content away from previous audiences
    'Aren't the same thing' was how you meant to finish...right? Because that's the truth. You can spin it negatively all you want, but no content has been taken away from anyone. That's libel for the purposes of pushing your distaste of particular iterations of the content. It's fine to not like where it is, but let's not state things untruthfully. Blizzard has not removed content from WoW.
    BAD WOLF

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When the game is losing subs, they'll do anything to make it gain subs.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)