Poll: What system needs change most?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by geekx View Post
    TBH this shows how broken pvp is because i forgot it existed while doing the poll /facepalm.
    PvP is so broken it can really only be fixed by just giving everyone standard gear and a single "strike" button.

Or at least that's so often the joke. PvP balance seems impossible to ever have in an MMO.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

LFR.

Needs to be removed, if not loot needs to be removed from LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by liam78 View Post
    LFR.

Needs to be removed, if not loot needs to be removed from LFR.
    No and No. LFR is the best decision Blizzard has made in years, in engages the majority of the player base. The loot gained is inferior to Epics gained in Normal and Heroic Modes. Which are intended for more dedicated players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    PvP is so broken it can really only be fixed by just giving everyone standard gear and a single "strike" button.

Or at least that's so often the joke. PvP balance seems impossible to ever have in an MMO.
    i haven't done more than 5 BGs since Wotlk and haven't done any arena since BC, So sometimes i forget PvP even exists at all.

That is pretty much a prime example of how broken it is when some players forget its in the game.

Crafting is just in an awful state and needs a revamp. Hopefully that gets fixed next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    No and No. LFR is the best decision Blizzard has made in years, in engages the majority of the player base. The loot gained is inferior to Epics gained in Normal and Heroic Modes. Which are intended for more dedicated players.
    The idea of LFR is awesome the execution is horrible, when it was announced i was happy now i hate everything to do with it.

My reaction to the LFR announcement was yay i get to raid even more.

My reaction to LFR now is yay i get to sit in a queue to do a watered down raid with the moba community.

5 mans have no place now that they have scenarios and a flexible system imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crafting and reforging.

Crafting is an obvious one.
    Reforging right now is just going after what an addon tells you to reach your caps.

Valor and Justice points are where I would make the most changes. While I like that more stuff provides VP there just isn't much to spend it on. I really wish they had expanded on the Wrath and Cata systems and made VP the primary way to get gear and then have drops from raids and other areas augment it instead of the other way around. RNG can kiss my ass.

Talent system, I'm tired of feeling like an idiot picking one talent every 15 levels and having no room to think for myself and how to play my classes.

Professions, crafting and otherwise, are largely boring and simplistic, and are definitely most in need of overhauls (if overhauling them is possible with the way the game engine works, and with the limited time available to devs). Archaeology is the only one which has some balance as far as variation goes, but it's a merciless grind in many cases.

Cooking was done decently in Mists. It had variation and 'added value' in the form of some extra quests, interaction with the Tillers farm, and new, useful items added later in the expansion. Fishing really needs an overhaul, as the only good thing in Mists (the daily swarms) don't outweigh just how annoying it is. If it's going to stay as-is, it really needs to be able to have 'reel in' keybound, so you don't have to be careful with your mouse placement when half-AFK fishing.

The gathering professions are okay. Boring, bland, but okay.

The crafting professions are in terrible shape, especially the armor-crafting professions. Engineering is probably the only somewhat fun profession, and that's only because you can make a bunch of fun (often old fun) items. Alchemy, Jewelcrafting, and Enchanting are useful, but only in the sense that they're needed constantly. Inscription probably needs something more done to it with the changes to the glyph system (i.e., learn once) -- sure, it has Darkmoon cards and shoulder inscriptions, but those aren't what it's supposed to be about.

And to the people mentioning reforging... Hell yeah, that too. Reforging, enchanting, and gemming have gotten out of control -- the biggest offender is in cap-able stats, like hit/exp, as those can mean needing to gem, enchant, and reforge pieces other than the upgrade you just received.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lots of them. If you look at content through timeline, it's a clusterfuck of systems old and new.

Crafting needs... to not be pointless.

Dungeons and raids need to be flexible, not only for a different number of players, but also for different levels, content shouldn't be just wasted after 2-4 months of raiding.

Items need a redesign, imo. Right now your character is a walking armor stand for, like, 20 items, most of which don't even have models, they're stat sticks. On top of that, a single item has four layers of upgrades, which it has to undergo in order to be useful. Gems, enchants, reforging, ilvl upgrade, transmog (optional). That's too much. I believe appearance has to be unlockable, and items themselves should be like talents: for example, gloves add a property to your hands, increasing your attack/cast speed, or power, or crit - you choose one out of three, and the value is determined by the quality.

- Crafting has always been terrible
    - I'm not sure if LFR serves an important purpose at this time
    - Heroic Dungeons need a lot of work, there will be quite the uproar if nothing changes next expansion
    - Leveling needs work but it's not necessary; leveling has been more or less the same for the entirety of WoW. Changes here would result in a lot subs if they can do it without pulling resources from the endgame content
    - You will never hear any notable complaints from a serious raider or pvper about the new talent system; but it seems like some people care about "feel" more than "fact" so perhaps blizzard can provide people with that.
    - PVP needs less CC and less "Swifty one shots", arena should be about which team can provide the most consistent pressure and then pull out good cc chain at the right time to finish.
    - Conceptually Normal/Heroic raids are fine; however raid aesthetics, linearity and boss tuning could still use some tweaks.
    - Flex is fine
    - I can't really comment on dailies because I only did them in 5.1. Since then I haven't found them necessary to do heroic raid content in a semi hardcore guild.
    - The legendary quest line was okay, it served it's purpose which was "you have to work for the legendary" but it felt more like a delay/waste of time than anything. I think they should try something different for next expansion.
    Last edited by Haywire5714; 2013-11-05 at 02:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lisavan View Post
    fishing %
    Yeah... just today I was looking at my remaining achievements for MoP and making a mental list of what I want to finish before we leave Pandaria behind. One of them was Nat Pagle rep, the only Pandaria fishing achievement I have left to do. And I thought oh god... I would have to fish every day to get the quest items and keep at it for a very long time. Maybe I could skip those 10 points. ;/

10+ Year Old Account
    Faction cities are in desperate NEED of revamping, like Thunderbluff and Silvermoon, and many others to the same quality as Orgirmmar and Stormwind imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Windows 8, nothing even comes close.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fishing by a mile.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They need to bring back threat management back. Ever since they almost entirely eliminated it, dungeons and raiding kinda feel a little dull. Not much thinking going on, just mash buttons any time there isn't fire to get out of.

Leave normal/heroic raiding alone. It's completely fine as is.

Torn between crating and reforging, but chose crafting because profs with procs or on-use effects like Tailoring and Engineering usually are above the rest since you can combo them with your own CDs for more burst DPS as that's the most effective way with CDs. I doubt people would rather have X% passive extra haste compared to Bloodlust. Either make them all identical or remove them entirely.

Reforging is just an annoying mathy gold sink. Get a WF weapon with hit after dropping a ToT nonTF weapon witout? Yeah that's a huge upgrade, but a real pain if you get it off the first boss in your raidnight and have to go to the shrine to reforge all your gear again, and of course gemming/enchanting, but that's not as bad as reforging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!