Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This is probably the most comfortable thread I've seen on this forum. Applause to you.

Deleted
    He's probably already headed somewhere else, probably partying that so many people applause and even Blizz Tweets a link to this post.^^

Deleted
    Can't say i fully agree, but nice change of scenery.

Dead realms make people bitter i guess >.<

Deleted
    yeah, that's exactly how I feel.

Our guild has been there since WoW beta and, wave after wave of new players, one day, the most dedicated raiders become casual gamers.
    Be it because of lack of time, new found job or family growing, it's nearly impossible for the majority to keep raiding hardcore beyond 2-3 years.
    By catering to both HC gamers and casuals, Blizzard allow different play modes to coexist, which means, for us a growing family of long time guildies and play buddies.

Thanks for that !

Kryss, casual gamer & semi-retired officer, enjoying WoW with my friends since 2008.

(Starts playing worlds smallest violin)

I never understood the hate for LFR from elitists, Blizzard spends all of the post-leveling resources on great raid bosses every 6 months and just shaves off a crappy version of raids to give to casuals to consume. Their persistence at stoking their own superiority complex is going to end up shooting them in the face if Blizzard designs any other content for casuals to do as it will draw away resources for raid content.

Blizzard stated that they would have to create two 5 man dungeons a month to keep casuals busy and they stated that a 5 man dungeon takes almost as much time as a raid wing to complete. It almost=75% then they would have to create the equivalent of 8 raid wings worth of 5 mans every 6 months to keep casuals busy when they currently create 4 raid wings worth of content every 6 months. So they would have to double production just to satisfy the casuals and still find another 4 raid wings worth of content for the raiders. Under the LFR model the raider gets their gourmet meal served to them first and casuals get the table scraps. It’s idiocy at its best for a raider to hate LFR.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    ''Quality of life item like pets''

Are you just fucking with me? What a terrible thread.
    Please take your anger elsewhere. Thank you.

I never understood the hate for LFR from elitists, Blizzard spends all of the post-leveling resources on great raid bosses every 6 months and just shaves off a crappy version of raids to give to casuals to consume. Their persistence at stoking their own superiority complex is going to end up shooting them in the face if Blizzard designs any other content for casuals to do as it will draw away resources for raid content.
    I can't answer that, but from my view point, most of the Hate for LFR is from people that are doing LFR or are just in the mid of modes (flex/normal) and have done LFR before. But maybe a random elitist talking and saying the magic words (noob*) absorb all the blames about LFR.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Congratulations on making a super complacant and docile thread, just exactly the type Blizzard likes promoting.

Good boy! Go fetch your treat.
    It's really amazing that each time someone makes a possitive comment they are accussed of doing someone's agenda. Is it really that hard to believe that some people can see positives? You should look up to them, you'll be much happier person, trust me.

OP... this is what makes WoW a game worth playing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.
    Indeed. I've played hardcore in Vanilla and everything past that I've played casually. I always thought it was silly to see one accusing the other of ruining the game, the game needs both in order to thrive. And Blizzard knew this all along, it's just tmany players who don't realize it.

Very good post, and it's nice to see some positive attitude for a change.

All my respect are belong to you.
    <3
    Glad to see that people like you still exist

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    It's really amazing that each time someone makes a possitive comment they are accussed of doing someone's agenda. Is it really that hard to believe that some people can see positives? You should look up to them, you'll be much happier person, trust me.
    Wow, I am the first to admit WoW has quite a few shortcomings. But that doesn't mean I don't agree 100% with the OP. Why are people so negative to the extreme that they suspect doing someone's agenda? It's mind boggling.

Deleted
    Aww how cute :3 you're welcome! ;P

But naw really this is really nice and I totally agree with you, I don't get the hate and whining.

Love and tolerate everybody, love and tolerate <3

Your wall of text is TL: DR - I don't like having to think about things before I respond. I assume you're saying get rid of Normal and Heroic raiding and give you gear/mounts/titles/etc for logging in every once in a while. People like you ruin the game. I unsubbed 8 years ago, Vanilla is best, new stuff is for casuals. Um... trying to think of other ignorant things to say... I think that about sums it up, you're bad.

For real though, the game offers something for a lot of different levels of play, as it should. No one is "right or wrong," just different. It'd be a happy day when people choose to enjoy the game instead of all the unnecessary drama. Then again, that's human nature lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    I have been reading a lot of these "Casuals versus Hardcore" threads about who is ruining World of Warcraft and there seems to be a lot of anger.
    Too much anger for a regular dude like me who likes all the stuff in WoW and doesn't see the problems that drives so many forum people crazy.

First...Thanks hardcore people. You are the people who take the time the figure out all the math behind the game and put websites up to help competetive players and casual players figure out how to maximize their toons potential. I visit your websites, watch your streams and use a lot of your add-ons to improve my raiding experience.

Hardcores are also likely the people that drive Blizzard to fix the odd mechanics or game bugs by playing the PTR, pushing the 99th percentile and understanding the need to maintain game balances. Thank you.

Second...Thanks casual people. You are the people who fill up the world and make it the 3-dimensional space and put the "MM" into MMO. Your desire for quality of life items like pets, mounts, RPG elements, crafting, easy access group adventures and driving Blizzard to work on all the world items add variety and color to a world. I think most of the people I see at Blizzcon are casuals at heart, just trying to make WoW the big party we all know it is. Thank you.

You see..my house has hardcores and casuals, living side by side, having some fun and seeing how both halves live. My wife understands why I care about min-maxing, studying raid tactics, and paying attention to small changes in toon mechanics. And I understand my wife and daughters interest in quality of life items, how they are terrified of raiding, their lack of desire to commit to a schedule and why they both loved pandas (much to my disdain).

You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

WoW is still so successful, with such an incredible variety and depth that it allows all of us to have a part of the fun.....maybe we could encourage Blizzard as a community to continue to grow all avenues of the game (hardcore and casual) and spend less time trying to block the game to anyone. Wow is still the one game I would unconditionally recommend to any of my friends or family interested in experiencing the best in online gaming.

Meh....I'm just one dude.
    I like you. I Think everybody on this forum has to read this and I am glad I did. I am one of those Hardcore idiots that sometimes bash ppl for not paying attention, wasting my time in LFR and such. I cant figure how ppl dont get stuff etc. but we all do have different aspects of the game.

I always try to be humble and openminded. And without the casuals I wouldnt be a the "role model" that I am to some. I would be nothing and my achievements wouldn't have meant anything. I am graceful and WoW is indeed a rly nice game. The only problem is ppl like me, frustrated and hardcore and those who cant be arsed to take time learning or adapting in game when interacting with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    I can't answer that, but from my view point, most of the Hate for LFR is from people that are doing LFR or are just in the mid of modes (flex/normal) and have done LFR before. But maybe a random elitist talking and saying the magic words (noob*) absorb all the blames about LFR.
    I didn't mention people who dislike LFR because they do it and dislike it, I specifically mentioned hardcore mode elitists that feel that the casuals don't deserve raid content or purple gear and you damn well know it so stop trying to deflect it. I said if you like raids you shouldn't be trying to shut down LFR as LFR keeps raiders neck deep in great raids far more often than ever in the past.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I never understood the hate for LFR from elitists
    The thing is it's not really the "elite" nor the raiders that hate on LFR but people who think they are better than everybody else and somehow making the game more accessible to everyone undermines that feeling. Sure, there are always some problems that need to be fixed, however, removing LFR which is so loudly praised on the forums, is not even close to a solution. In fact LFR is one of the biggest successes implemented in WoW that slows down sub decline that started at the begining of Cata (due to game becoming less accessible than it was in WotLK)

Well put. Everything I feel put very nicely.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

10+ Year Old Account
    What a pleasant surprise, a voice of reason. Thank you OP, your post was refreshing. In a website filled with mostly passive aggressive, condescending posts about everything WoW has to offer. It's nice to see a "feel good" post once in a while.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.