Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Reformed hardcore elitist jerk and his casual family thank Blizzard for LFR et al

I have been reading a lot of these "Casuals versus Hardcore" threads about who is ruining World of Warcraft and there seems to be a lot of anger.
    Too much anger for a regular dude like me who likes all the stuff in WoW and doesn't see the problems that drives so many forum people crazy.

First...Thanks hardcore people. You are the people who take the time the figure out all the math behind the game and put websites up to help competetive players and casual players figure out how to maximize their toons potential. I visit your websites, watch your streams and use a lot of your add-ons to improve my raiding experience.

Hardcores are also likely the people that drive Blizzard to fix the odd mechanics or game bugs by playing the PTR, pushing the 99th percentile and understanding the need to maintain game balances. Thank you.

Second...Thanks casual people. You are the people who fill up the world and make it the 3-dimensional space and put the "MM" into MMO. Your desire for quality of life items like pets, mounts, RPG elements, crafting, easy access group adventures and driving Blizzard to work on all the world items add variety and color to a world. I think most of the people I see at Blizzcon are casuals at heart, just trying to make WoW the big party we all know it is. Thank you.

You see..my house has hardcores and casuals, living side by side, having some fun and seeing how both halves live. My wife understands why I care about min-maxing, studying raid tactics, and paying attention to small changes in toon mechanics. And I understand my wife and daughters interest in quality of life items, how they are terrified of raiding, their lack of desire to commit to a schedule and why they both loved pandas (much to my disdain).

You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

WoW is still so successful, with such an incredible variety and depth that it allows all of us to have a part of the fun.....maybe we could encourage Blizzard as a community to continue to grow all avenues of the game (hardcore and casual) and spend less time trying to block the game to anyone. Wow is still the one game I would unconditionally recommend to any of my friends or family interested in experiencing the best in online gaming.

Meh....I'm just one dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    I have been reading a lot of these "Casuals versus Hardcore" threads about who is ruining World of Warcraft and there seems to be a lot of anger.
    Too much anger for a regular dude like me who likes all the stuff in WoW and doesn't see the problems that drives so many forum people crazy.

First...Thanks hardcore people. You are the people who take the time the figure out all the math behind the game and put websites up to help competetive players and casual players figure out how to maximize their toons potential. I visit your websites, watch your streams and use a lot of your add-ons to improve my raiding experience.

Hardcores are also likely the people that drive Blizzard to fix the odd mechanics or game bugs by playing the PTR, pushing the 99th percentile and understanding the need to maintain game balances. Thank you.

Second...Thanks casual people. You are the people who fill up the world and make it the 3-dimensional space and put the "MM" into MMO. Your desire for quality of life items like pets, mounts, RPG elements, crafting, easy access group adventures and driving Blizzard to work on all the world items add variety and color to a world. I think most of the people I see at Blizzcon are casuals at heart, just trying to make WoW the big party we all know it is. Thank you.

You see..my house has hardcores and casuals, living side by side, having some fun and seeing how both halves live. My wife understands why I care about min-maxing, studying raid tactics, and paying attention to small changes in toon mechanics. And I understand my wife and daughters interest in quality of life items, how they are terrified of raiding, their lack of desire to commit to a schedule and why they both loved pandas (much to my disdain).

You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

WoW is still so successful, with such an incredible variety and depth that it allows all of us to have a part of the fun.....maybe we could encourage Blizzard as a community to continue to grow all avenues of the game (hardcore and casual) and spend less time trying to block the game to anyone. Wow is still the one game I would unconditionally recommend to any of my friends or family interested in experiencing the best in online gaming.

Well said.

Group hug!

Deleted
    Totally agree. Thanks sir!

Meanwhile I get to hate Blizzard for replacing heroic five man content for a larger time sink called LFR. Oh and I miss one hour Fireland PuG raids.

Very well said. Good form.
    Fanboy (Fanboi): A Term used when someone disagrees with you on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate your counterpoint back so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming you into silence and thus them winning through dominance.

It always reminds of that science experiment where you put one hand in hot water and one in cold water. You then put both in warm water after a minute or so. The Hot hand will feel cold and the Cold hand will feel hot. Yet for both they are in warm water. Both hardcores and Casual runs have different mindsets and backgrounds so when they finally meet in LFR there will always be that conflict even they are both in Warm water.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well said sir, well said.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Oh and I miss one hour Fireland PuG raids.
    My guild still does them weekly! Farming legendarys :P

OT: I very much agree OP. If only people could learn to get along despite our differences.

Well said. Wether one agree's with it or not, this is something new off a post. Original gives points
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Thanks Op, Have a nice week!
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Finally, somebody who see's the whole pie for its deliciousness and doesn't only concentrate on their own slice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good stuff OP

Supporting this because we don't have enough of this. This enough makes me feel LFR was worth its implementation, and I hope Blizzard agrees. =-)

And I love it when those who take the game more serious can still be like this to the rest, instead of just going "NO. MY GAME!".

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2013-11-04 at 10:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    Group hug!
    Full frontal hugs for all
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    You sir, deserve more likes!
    Last edited by Artorius; 2013-11-04 at 10:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

You are not just one dude ^^ I believe vast majority feels similar - they just don't bother with all the forum drama.

Anyway, thank you for bringing some positivity to the forums

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well said. Shame only hate topics get 50 pages of replies.
    Let's change that xD

It's a damn shame this forum doesn't operate a like system, as I really wish I could give you one.

It's a rather general post, but the basis and general foundation of what you're trying to get across is true. Well done! +14 Internetz.

thumbs up ! you should post on official forums!

10+ Year Old Account
    #GoodTalk.

Couldn't have said it better. One thing I admire is people that take the game seriously and STILL respect the rest of the players.
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim