Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

The Dark Below is real

1.) So many people jumped on the "The Dark Below is fake"-train after Boub did this Corgis Unleashed thing. First he posted the "The Dark Below" trademark, then he posted the Corgis trademark and basically said "oh it's much easier to trademark something under Blizzard's name as I thought, guess "The Dark Below" is fake". Why did he post the trademark, and then immediately checked whether anybody could do it. In all those years, he never did this with any other trademark? Especially Mists of Pandaria? For weeks we speculated, he never once checked whether anybody could trademark something under Blizzard's name. Why now? What was so unbelievable about the name "The Dark Below"?

2.) In all those years, no one ever tried to trademark something under Blizzard's name? In all those years of speculation and false leaks, no one ever did this to troll people? There should be tons of fake Blizzard trademarks. World of Warcraft: The South Seas, World of Warcraft: The Emerald Nightmare, World of Warcraft: Rise of the Legion. Just look at how many fake Warlords of Draenor screens surfaced in the last hours. You think there is not one fan, who would dedicate his time to coming up with fake trademarks?

3.) The Warlords of Draenor trademark mentions mobile devices, yet no game bundles and mousepads. This is not a World of Warcraft trademark. All the other WoW trademarks are totally different. Yet it is the exact same wording as the "Heroes of the Storm" trademark.

The Dark Below is real. Believe it or not, but I, for one, welcome our new naga overlords.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be classic misdirection.

Still. To assume subtlety when incompetence will do is silly.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

I dont think the name of the next expansion will influence my decision of whether or not im going to purchase it haha. So I really don't care what they name it. They could call it World Of Warcraft - Rise Of The Murlocs; and I'd still buy it

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    1.) So many people jumped on the "The Dark Below is fake"-train after Boub did this Corgis Unleashed thing. First he posted the "The Dark Below" trademark, then he posted the Corgis trademark and basically said "oh it's much easier to trademark something under Blizzard's name as I thought, guess "The Dark Below" is fake". Why did he post the trademark, and then immediately checked whether anybody could do it. In all those years, he never did this with any other trademark? Especially Mists of Pandaria? For weeks we speculated, he never once checked whether anybody could trademark something under Blizzard's name. Why now? What was so unbelievable about the name "The Dark Below"?
    There was no Dark Below trademark in the US, at least, it was just a screenshot of a form, and the one in the E.U. just vanished, and isn't to be found anywhere.
    2.) In all those years, no one ever tried to trademark something under Blizzard's name? In all those years of speculation and false leaks, no one ever did this to troll people? There should be tons of fake Blizzard trademarks. World of Warcraft: The South Seas, World of Warcraft: The Emerald Nightmare, World of Warcraft: Rise of the Legion. Just look at how many fake Warlords of Draenor screens surfaced in the last hours. You think there is not one fan, who would dedicate his time to coming up with fake trademarks?
    That would seem to be the case, maybe most people ENJOY playing WoW and don't want to get in legal trouble for submitting a fake trademark for a company they aren't part of?
    3.) The Warlords of Draenor trademark mentions mobile devices, yet no game bundles and mousepads. This is not a World of Warcraft trademark. All the other WoW trademarks are totally different. Yet it is the exact same wording as the "Heroes of the Storm" trademark.
    You can actually play WoW on a mobile device, a catagory that includes Laptops. The BC trademark also didn't mention laptops, it's possible that in NZ, you don't need to trademark manuals that are bundled with thing, and if you don't mean that, I have no idea what you mean by 'game bundles'.

The Dark Below is real. Believe it or not, but I, for one, welcome our new naga overlords.
    Even IF the title is The Dark Below, you do know that 'The Dark Below=Azshara Expac" is something the people here thought up, right? The title is so vague it could mean anything.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

With all the talk of trademarks to support your position, you seem to be conveniently leaving out that there isn't one for "The Dark Below".

Go find me where The Dark Below trademark was actually granted.

Not applied for.

Granted.

I still think The Dark Below is legit and Warlords of Draenor is not the 5th expansion, could be something else. I might be wrong, but this is what I think at the moment.

Read my sticker.

Don't state opinion as facts, because when you do you adhere stupid comments like this.

We'll find out @ blizzcon in a couple days. Just calm the insider "I know everything" knowledge
    This is my signature. It states my prediction of the next expansion. Not only is it correct in my eyes, but should also be in yours too.
    Anyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot, a bad, and a pleb.

- A Quote from every narcissistic, defiant, self-absorbed theorist on these forums. True story.

People have no idea what their in for.. the whole world is going to change quite soon, - but it is likely blizz con will come first, and again, the same people would be very shocked as well, would it be a good shock or a bad one?

one thing is for sure, as much as the lore may astound people or even some of the features that will be announced, the game will essentially still be the warcraft they've loved over the last 10 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

Not applied for.

Granted.
    It's a global trademark cover-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    I dont think the name of the next expansion will influence my decision of whether or not im going to purchase it haha. So I really don't care what they name it. They could call it World Of Warcraft - Rise Of The Murlocs; and I'd still buy it
    exactly, same with all these folks, yet specualtion threads are the most entertaining, fans must be bored with the game to spend all this time here.

10+ Year Old Account

Snuglz supports this 1000%. THE DARK BELOW!!!!!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Boub has actually said that he "has a good feelign" about Warlords of Draenor.

Only one way to find out for sure. Wait till Friday!

I would be the happiest little baby in the world if:
    1) Dark below IS the 5xpac with lot of nagas and/or demons.
    2) Warlords of Draenor is warcraft 4 and they build up some new badass lore for draenor for the next wow xpacs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Boub has actually said that he "has a good feelign" about Warlords of Draenor.
    The important difference being he said, about The Dark Below, that is could be the WoW Expansion, and with Warlords of Draenor he's said it's most likely - the certainty level between the two is high enough to point to the second, but what might be worth considering? He's got an idea of what's coming (pay attention to some of his quotes on the board), and has said both might be expansions at some point in time.

Time to start playing the potential connections between the two names?
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to wait for BlizzCon for the big reveal.
    For the Horde!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalheroDamien View Post
    Even IF the title is The Dark Below, you do know that 'The Dark Below=Azshara Expac" is something the people here thought up, right? The title is so vague it could mean anything.
    That's your opinion, Maneus

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    With all the talk of trademarks to support your position, you seem to be conveniently leaving out that there isn't one for "The Dark Below".
    Merely a setback.

Unless Blizzard has done a masterful job of covering up the trademark, I can't see it being The Dark Below.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

Not applied for.

Granted.
    This. If The Dark Below were real then why was the filed trademark removed from the European trademark website? Granted, it might be too soon to say about Warlords of Draenoe, but the evidence that The Dark Below is real continues to be debunked.