Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    But the heart is gone. Next time we face Garrosh the normal orc. YAWN.
    The heart is gone.

    Is the Old God gone?

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by Yag View Post
    The heart is gone.

    Is the Old God gone?
    Even if it isn't, it's the same damn story.

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    That's the part that pisses me off. Being sold an incomplete story. TBC Was sold with the Illidan story. That story was finished well before the xpac was over. WoTLK sold us the Arthas story, which we concluded right at the end. Cataclysm sold us the Deathwing/Hour of Twilight story. Which we concluded, albeit in an anticlimactic spine tickling chin punching manner.
    The story can easily be concluded without Garrosh being the main villain again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkenmal View Post
    *zips up pants*

    LEEEAAAAKKKKK
    I laughed so incredibly hard at that. thank you.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    This entire thing with SoL is a prime example of why we only very rarely lock leak threads here and never delete them - 50% of the people will go "MODS CONFIRMED FAKE" and the other 50% will go "MODS CONFIRMED REAL; DELETED THREAD BECAUSE CONSPIRACY".

    We basically only lock leak threads if it is based on the years-old fake "expansion list" or if it is made in MS Paint or something.
    I had leaked the original Cata expansion when WoTLK came out, on the official forum, based off the old expansion list. it was removed. year later, I understand why it was removed, because I was spot on in predicting that Deathwing would be the next major boss.

    I worded the thread as a prediction as well, so wasnt like I was announcing it or anything. Was pure speculation and was deleted in min after posting it.

    a few months ago, it was leaked that the new expansion features General Taruloyon in it. Which hints at outlands again. That could explain what this leak on time travel comes into play since the general was a hero from 20 years pre WC3.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

  6. #206
    So far every leak that I've read has had me cringing, and the one from SoL ranks somewhere near the top.

  7. #207
    If they go back in time. big if . and garrosh changes the horde.

    that would mean Arthas never goes Death Knight/Lich King!!!

    WOOT YEAH BABY!!!

    Uther would live as well!!!!
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

  8. #208
    If we do go back in time to Draenor, then I can only see Garrosh being the trigger; escaping to Draenor and messing the timeline up - but once we get there, we find him dead, and have to correct his mess. In that scenario, Garrosh would be a cause, but not the main antagonist in the end.

    Still, I'm having issues with this time travel speculation. I really don't know whether to like it or not. On the one hand I do want to see Draenor in its full glory, but I'd almost prefer it if they simply revamped it in the present, making its re-growth the result of an effort by the shamans of the Earthern Ring or something. Thrall is heavily featured on the WoW posters for BlizzCon. He's likely a placeholder to represent the franchise before they unveil the expansion, but maybe he's responsible for pulling chunks of Draenor back together, and restoring its elements?
    "Good morning!" said Bilbo, and he meant it. The sun was shining, and the grass was very green. But Gandalf looked at him from under long bushy eyebrows that stuck out farther than the brim of his shady hat.

    Author of: Mount 2.0 (MMO-Champion Thread)
    Author of: World Enhancement Patch 1.0 (MMO-Champion Thread)

  9. #209
    Fluffy Kitten Lokann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Trapped in Rykha's basement
    Posts
    12,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Still, I'm having issues with this time travel speculation. I really don't know whether to like it or not. On the one hand I do want to see Draenor in its full glory, but I'd almost prefer it if they simply revamped it in the present, making its re-growth the result of an effort by the shamans of the Earthern Ring or something. Thrall is heavily featured on the WoW posters for BlizzCon. He's likely a placeholder to represent the franchise before they unveil the expansion, but maybe he's responsible for pulling chunks of Draenor back together, and restoring its elements?
    Sounds like a massive cop-out to me, quite frankly. "Y'know that place you had where you first broke the elements, then killed the land, then ripped the whole thing apart? Yeah we can fix it, we just couldn't be arsed before." It sort of makes the entirety of the Horde's history post-BtDP pointless and paints Thrall as a massive douche for not giving it a shot before.



  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Sounds like a massive cop-out to me, quite frankly. "Y'know that place you had where you first broke the elements, then killed the land, then ripped the whole thing apart? Yeah we can fix it, we just couldn't be arsed before." It sort of makes the entirety of the Horde's history post-BtDP pointless and paints Thrall as a massive douche for not giving it a shot before.
    Thrall only recently gained his immense powers, though. Plus, they could have been working at it for years. A joint effort by druids and shamans might be the key to it all.
    "Good morning!" said Bilbo, and he meant it. The sun was shining, and the grass was very green. But Gandalf looked at him from under long bushy eyebrows that stuck out farther than the brim of his shady hat.

    Author of: Mount 2.0 (MMO-Champion Thread)
    Author of: World Enhancement Patch 1.0 (MMO-Champion Thread)

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    If we do go back in time to Draenor, then I can only see Garrosh being the trigger; escaping to Draenor and messing the timeline up - but once we get there, we find him dead, and have to correct his mess. In that scenario, Garrosh would be a cause, but not the main antagonist in the end.

    Still, I'm having issues with this time travel speculation. I really don't know whether to like it or not. On the one hand I do want to see Draenor in its full glory, but I'd almost prefer it if they simply revamped it in the present, making its re-growth the result of an effort by the shamans of the Earthern Ring or something. Thrall is heavily featured on the WoW posters for BlizzCon. He's likely a placeholder to represent the franchise before they unveil the expansion, but maybe he's responsible for pulling chunks of Draenor back together, and restoring its elements?

    People are forgetting that Blizzard likes to hide hints to future expansions in the current expansions. thats how I predicted that Deathwing would come after Arthas, and thread was deleted.


    Somethings to note:

    The Timeless Isle was added to the game, which deals with Time changes.

    Also the Bronze Dragon Flight is in this. Following the pattern going on, each of the Dragon Aspects must die for something powerful locked away to be unleashed. No surprise that the leader of the Infinite Dragon Flight is also lead of the Bronze Flight.

    Also Garrosh was spared unlike other past villains. this hints that he has part in this.

    Another thing to note was when Vol Jin was made Warchief, that all honored him in the horde except the Forsaken. Keep in mind, that the Forsaken did some things in Cata, and still missing the pieces of the Frostmorne.

    in MoP, what did the Forsaken do?
    When Thrall names Vol'jin the new Warchief, Sylvanas nods in acknowledgement. Despite this when approached by Horde players after the Siege Sylvanas mentions that "Warchief Vol'jin" sounds absurd to her and remarks that she won't be taking orders from a troll. Though afterwards she does acknowledge how Vol'jin gathered Horde together and reveals that she admires how Vol'jin has proven to be impossible to kill. With that said Sylvanas then remarks that it's time to test what Vol'jin is made of.[
    If they time travel, what would the Forsaken have to do with the Horde, since they didnt even exist before WC3? Unless they go both into the future and past.

    remember Guldan made the Undead an ally of the Horde. but if he go back in time and remove him, than there is no ally of Undead and Horde at all. Lorderon is still ally. if Nurzul never goes Lich King, than Dalaran/Lordaron never would fall. if they never fall, Achice would have never destroyed the world tree.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

  12. #212
    If I were a forum moderator, I'd go through deleting the craziest 'leaks' that anyone posts just to freak people out and start debates... Then i'd sit back and watch the show

  13. #213
    Fluffy Kitten Lokann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Trapped in Rykha's basement
    Posts
    12,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Thrall only recently gained his immense powers, though. Plus, they could have been working at it for years. A joint effort by druids and shamans might be the key to it all.
    Actually, Thrall's not really all that powerful. He held an impressive amount of power for a while, but as soon as the Aspects became mortal, it was gone. He's pretty much the same as he was pre-Cataclysm now, except maybe a tad more emotionally stable.

    Still, even ignoring that plus the fact that the druids and shaman were stuck repairing damage from the Shattering throughout Cata and a fair bit of MoP as well, it invalidates the entire fighting-for-a-place-in-Azeroth thing the Horde's had going on since Warcraft III, if all that was needed was to ask enough people if they'd fix their old place.



  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Actually, Thrall's not really all that powerful. He held an impressive amount of power for a while, but as soon as the Aspects became mortal, it was gone. He's pretty much the same as he was pre-Cataclysm now, except maybe a tad more emotionally stable.

    Still, even ignoring that plus the fact that the druids and shaman were stuck repairing damage from the Shattering throughout Cata and a fair bit of MoP as well, it invalidates the entire fighting-for-a-place-in-Azeroth thing the Horde's had going on since Warcraft III, if all that was needed was to ask enough people if they'd fix their old place.
    yeah, Garrosh owned him like a little bitch without even using Old God powers.
    my PSN ID - Kobold_Rider

  15. #215
    Fluffy Kitten Lokann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Trapped in Rykha's basement
    Posts
    12,292
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    yeah, Garrosh owned him like a little bitch without even using Old God powers.
    Off-topic, but that's still one of the best bits of SoO for me. It's just so like Thrall to rush in, yelling how he'll fix everything, then getting demolished.



  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    If they go back in time. big if . and garrosh changes the horde.

    that would mean Arthas never goes Death Knight/Lich King!!!

    WOOT YEAH BABY!!!

    Uther would live as well!!!!
    Why would that mean that?... Arthas becoming a death knight has NOTHING to do with the horde, it was all to do with Kel'thuzad unleashing the plague on Stratholme as ordered by Mal'ganis and Arthas wanting him to pay for killing humans, that's why he picks up Frostmourne, for more power, to begin with it was so that he could protect his people but then it becomes for revenge and then he gets corrupted by the voice of Ner'zhul...

  17. #217
    Fluffy Kitten Lokann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Trapped in Rykha's basement
    Posts
    12,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Blandar View Post
    Why would that mean that?... Arthas becoming a death knight has NOTHING to do with the horde, it was all to do with Kel'thuzad unleashing the plague on Stratholme as ordered by Mal'ganis and Arthas wanting him to pay for killing humans, that's why he picks up Frostmourne, for more power, to begin with it was so that he could protect his people but then it becomes for revenge and then he gets corrupted by the voice of Ner'zhul...
    Possibly because without the orcs' corruption, Ner'zhul wouldn't end up as the Lich King.

    Though quite frankly, we know that without the Horde, the human kingdoms would be busy with their infighting up to the moment the Legion arrives, makes quick work of them, then moves on to obliterate Kalimdor.

    But hey, Uther and Arthas could have died fighting demons instead of one another while their world gets destroyed!



  18. #218
    There wouldn't have been a Legion arrival without the Lich King.
    Higgledy-piggledy Lord Wyman Manderly
    Sups with his foes, leaving Nary a crumb.

    Wolvering wolverenes Incontrovertibly
    Tell all who hearken that Winter is come.

  19. #219
    Pandaren Monk Xiphan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Blandar View Post
    Why would that mean that?... Arthas becoming a death knight has NOTHING to do with the horde, it was all to do with Kel'thuzad unleashing the plague on Stratholme as ordered by Mal'ganis and Arthas wanting him to pay for killing humans, that's why he picks up Frostmourne, for more power, to begin with it was so that he could protect his people but then it becomes for revenge and then he gets corrupted by the voice of Ner'zhul...
    Because Draenor wouldn't explode so Ner'zhul wouldn't need to escape through a random portal and to be discovered, tortured sent to Azeroth as the Lich King by Kil'Jaeden, so the scourge wouldn't exist and plague wouldn't be spread and trigger Arthas' fall from grace.

    Kel'thuzad might still have created some kind of Cult of the Damned since he was meddling in necromancy anyway but it wouldn't have been the same without a figurehead as powerful as the Lich King.

    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    There wouldn't have been a Legion arrival without the Lich King.
    They did okay with the War of the Ancients and the Legion's Orcish Horde pouring through the Dark Portal. They'd have probably found a way through someone like Dar'kahn, it might just have taken a little longer.
    Last edited by Xiphan; 2013-11-05 at 10:20 AM.

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    If they time travel, what would the Forsaken have to do with the Horde, since they didnt even exist before WC3?
    Would you travel to the past and kill Hitler as a child, if you could?
    The forsaken might have their own plans, but the idea of traveling in time must be most interesting.
    The forsaken would be the most interested in traveling to the past and somehow plot to avoid their tragedy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •