Deleted

The financial side of naming and endoring a new xpac

endorsing* obviously. Already made myself look like an idiot I guess

Has anyone thought of this?

If an administrator of great regard posts a front page thread "leaking" the new name of WoW, why would he do this? From reading other threads and following this site for a few years he has been right more than not. But what if he doesn't know? Might aswell take advantage of increased revenue? I mean visits=money right? So why the hell not, no one can blame them for beaing wrong. People will still come back.

I am not accusing anyone of anything, the thought just caught my mind. Why would anyone in a top position in the WoW cumminty risk being wrong other than increasing traffic to their site? Thus increasing revenue, and down the line profits.

This is obviously just an idea, but if I made money off this site I would definitely use an xpac's indetermination to my advantage.
    Last edited by mmocd0460de8d4; 2013-11-05 at 02:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    MMO-Champion is owned by Curse and they don't need to put up fake details of fake expansions to drive visitors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    MMO-Champion is owned by Curse and they don't need to put up fake details of fake expansions to drive visitors.
    Of course not, and that's my point. Everyone running this website is rebutable. I'm talking hypotheticals here. If I were in your position I wouldn't risk my fanbase over a quick ramp up in activity, but I'm not everyone.

So, the possibility remains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Point blank, the site has more to gain by providing reliable information in the long term than it does by posting crap for a short-term boost in hits. MMOC has the ongoing userbase it has for a reason, and that reason is the fact that it posts concise, reliable information and not every crackpot fake screenshot/theory that comes along.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    Point blank, the site has more to gain by providing reliable information in the long term than it does by posting crap for a short-term boost in hits. MMOC has the ongoing userbase it has for a reason, and that reason is the fact that it posts concise, reliable information and not every crackpot fake screenshot/theory that comes along.
    Sure, but I remember seeing "The Dark Below" on the frontpage a few months past. And disregarding it's veracity, it caused a bundle of discussion and definitely an increase of visitors to the site. And I propose none of the true WoW fans have left the site because it was fake. So as long as you can save face once it's reached the masses, why not exploit?

or am I just a cynical bastard?