Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs down Boring "Leaks" of 2013

What ho,

Does anyone else think that the so-called leaks have been surprisingly boring this year? Particularly after Warlords of Draenor was discovered.

Not that it has to be an indication of anything, seeing as how most, if not all, leaks are false. But if all the community can think of is boring old re-hashes of Garrosh, then what does that say of the trademark itself?

I'm almost starting to wish the TM was The Dark Below.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly if the TM was TDB there'd likely be less leaking going on because everyone knows it'd be Azshara.

The reason we've got so much trolling, excuse me leaks, right now is because there's a huge debate on if it's Time Travel or Legion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Nobody seems to really know what to do with the title.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    It's one of those things like "Cataclysm" where it's vague enough that it's really impossible to sort truth from fiction.
    At least there's only three more days of this.

Do you ever tire of urinating? I'll never get used to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Despite some people arguing it's Warcraft 4, I think most people have settled into the fact it is Expansion V.

But yeah, nobody really knows what to make of the title because of how bizarre it is. Stands to reason this'll work out like MoP did.

Some people thought it was a Facebook game, they were wrong. Some people assumed it wasn't related to what it said on the title (Azshara expansion), they were wrong.

In the end, what we have is an expansion about Draenor. No Time Travel gimmics, just Draenor. AKA Outland.

At first i hated the name The Dark Below and the idea of Azshara,etc being the potential next expansion, but hearing leaks of a potential expansion revolving around fighting the horde and Garrosh again. Im actually leaning more towards the Dark Below now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    What ho,

Does anyone else think that the so-called leaks have been surprisingly boring this year? Particularly after Warlords of Draenor was discovered.

I'm almost starting to wish the TM was The Dark Below.
    The 'leaks' have been of poor quality for sure. We had much better stuff going around for previous expacs and iirc, some of the things that were discredited as fake were true in the end.
    Shoddy Photoshop work and all that this year seems to dominate the 'leak' posts and they can easily be discredited with a glance or two.

In terms of the apparent expac name, nuh. I prefer Warlords of Draenor over The Dark Below although neither are particularly great.. Just the whole WoD vs TDB debate is getting silly since it was proved TDB was fake when Trademark vanished for it..

REALLY hope it's not a time travel expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    No matter what is announced, no matter what classes or features are announced, the forums will be filled with complainers.

Oh and don't forget the people who are going to complain that the features don't look "casual" enough.

I mean for God sakes, I actually saw a thread where people were asking Blizzard to make the game MORE "casual" friendly. I'm not sure that's even possible at this point. However, a Draenor Time Travel expansion could be cool if it's done right.

I just hope in the next expansion people stop mistaking the word "casual" for Lazy, Bad and Unmotivated. There's a huge difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys . 85 more hours till blizzcon starts and we will find out . Just be patient and keel calm !
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    No matter what is announced, no matter what classes or features are announced, the forums will be filled with complainers.

Oh and don't forget the people who are going to complain that the features don't look "casual" enough.

I mean for God sakes, I actually saw a thread where people were asking Blizzard to make the game MORE "casual" friendly. I'm not sure that's even possible at this point. However, a Draenor Time Travel expansion could be cool if it's done right.

I just hope in the next expansion people stop mistaking the word "casual" for Lazy, Bad and Unmotivated. There's a huge difference.
    Could be done right. But after Cataclysm, the entire Bronze/Infinite storyline, and 99.999999% of these leaks, I'm convinced Blizz cannot do it right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Relis View Post
    The 'leaks' have been of poor quality for sure. We had much better stuff going around for previous expacs and iirc, some of the things that were discredited as fake were true in the end.
    Shoddy Photoshop work and all that this year seems to dominate the 'leak' posts and they can easily be discredited with a glance or two.

In terms of the apparent expac name, nuh. I prefer Warlords of Draenor over The Dark Below although neither are particularly great.. Just the whole WoD vs TDB debate is getting silly since it was proved TDB was fake when Trademark vanished for it..
    To be honest, that's what really worries me. That some of the awful concepts of time travel, fighting Garrosh and Grom, etc. turn out to be true. They just seem to extremely dull and unimaginative.

I'm in the Hearthstone card pack/expansion with WoD. Most of the leaks are huge amounts of trolling. Looking at the actual trademark and what is encompasses, unless blizzard is making a WoW mobile, I don't see a reason to include phones and tablets. The only flip side is blizzard is planning on phones/tablets becoming powerful enough to run WoW.

I think blizzard loves the hype train and is going to come completely out of left field with X5. Which will derail the hype train and people are going to flip out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I'm in the Hearthstone card pack/expansion with WoD. Most of the leaks are huge amounts of trolling. Looking at the actual trademark and what is encompasses, unless blizzard is making a WoW mobile, I don't see a reason to include phones and tablets. The only flip side is blizzard is planning on phones/tablets becoming powerful enough to run WoW.

I think blizzard loves the hype train and is going to come completely out of left field with X5. Which will derail the hype train and people are going to flip out.
    Explain why it trademarka game disks, then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Explain why it trademarka game disks, then.
    This.

Plus, the Hearthstone TM has a bunch of references to card games. WoD has none.

Whatever, leaks can be very fun, if done well. Some are just sillily fake and boring. But it's nice for people to speculate and wonder what's in store for us. I mostly forget leaks unless they're brought up, like right now. I just want BlizzCon to happen asap and learn the truth. =)

Honestly I like it, because it shows that people really don't know what to expect. Mists was obviously going to be about exploring Pandaria, whereas this...could be several things, if Blizzard is clever enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could have been more interesting I suppose. I for one am not at all sold on warlords of draenor, or any other leak so far.

Do you ever tire of urinating? I'll never get used to it.
    Good ol' Castiel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It's one of those things like "Cataclysm" where it's vague enough that it's really impossible to sort truth from fiction.
    At least there's only three more days of this.
    Although for cataclysm there was a FULL leak on this very site. Boub posted almost everything about Cataclysm about a week? or so before it was announced. I think since then Blizzard have been more "careful".