Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
22
... LastLast
  1. #221
    I was waiting for this QQ thread yesterday when I saw the hotfixes. I hope there are more nerfs, I'd like to run my alts through and get them some ez-mode epics. People who run flex+ modes, shouldn't even care. But, the ones that do care, I am glad they make you upset and cry.

  2. #222
    It's interesting that only 5% of players have downed Garrosh on any difficulty level, even LFR.

    This tier is rapidly turning into a disaster for Blizzard. I hope they don't announce at Blizzcon that the next expansion is six months away -- they can't wait that long.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

  3. #223
    Pandaren Monk ParanoiD84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Oh look, it's that nonsensical idea again that Blizzard makes changes due to noise on forums.
    I asked a question, i would not expect that you would answer but someone already did.

  4. #224
    Brewmaster xindykawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lost in the twisting nether
    Posts
    1,485
    Im actually glad... tbh...Getting tired of fail lfr group at.. fucking Nazgrim. I didnt even tryed out the 4th part yet.. mostly because that im affraid of the group I will get.. :/ this make me feel more comfortable queuing, If i want challenge, I wont do lfr, I basically do it to gear my alt so.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    I asked a question, i would not expect that you would answer but someone already did.
    It was a rhetorical question, which is demonstrated by the statement you followed it with: "they should learn to ignore them and not cave in." Your excuse is rejected.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

  6. #226
    How does this affect you, OP?

  7. #227
    Pandaren Monk ParanoiD84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It was a rhetorical question, which is demonstrated by the statement you followed it with: "they should learn to ignore them and not cave in." Your excuse is rejected.
    Or maby i just forgot to type if so "they should learn to ignore them and not cave in."

  8. #228
    Bloodsail Admiral Teebone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    "Sunny" Florida
    Posts
    1,053
    Try gearing up a tank without a guild. Seriously. Just try it. LFR is about the only viable option these days and this late in an expansion. Or hell, even with a guild these days.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    Im actually glad... tbh...Getting tired of fail lfr group at.. fucking Nazgrim. I didnt even tryed out the 4th part yet.. mostly because that im affraid of the group I will get.. :/ this make me feel more comfortable queuing, If i want challenge, I wont do lfr, I basically do it to gear my alt so.
    It's funny, never had any problems with Nazgrimm, but watched plenty of full LFRs rage quit on dark shaman.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It's interesting that only 5% of players have downed Garrosh on any difficulty level, even LFR.

    This tier is rapidly turning into a disaster for Blizzard. I hope they don't announce at Blizzcon that the next expansion is six months away -- they can't wait that long.
    The difficulty comes from encounter mechanics, and exactly how things should be. They can nerf the damage if they want. Honestly don't care. In the process of gearing a warrior tank for my Horde guild and gave up on my Alliance guild. It's not Blizzard's fault or even LFR's. And making raids exclusive and gating them will only serve to punish the ones that don't suck.

  9. #229
    In my opinion, Make LFR, flex , Normal and heroic share lockout.

    reason: casual players want lfr and that is fine , but people who raid normals almost always want to optimize their gear to have an easier time in Normal mode.
    Normal difficulty players should previous tier if the still have blue trinket etc. that way flex and normal players dont feel like the "have to" do LFR.

    I know it's not mandatory, but if you are serious about your normal progression, you run LFR just to fill the gear spots before you get Loot in Normal mode.

    Just my opinion but i think that is the solution for all the whine surrounding LFR.

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    I'm just waiting for more expansion information to determine whether I'll start a new account or not.
    Why would a new expansion make you create a -new- account?

  11. #231
    i now have to laugh 10% harder when people apply to a 11/14 guild with logs from LFR might as well show logs from a target dummy.

  12. #232
    There's no solution because there's no problem. People who do LFR largely don't do other raids. If the "problem" is the hurt pride of faux hardcores, then the solution is ignoring them.

  13. #233
    Even if someone isn't using LFR himself, he has every right to complain about nerfs - bad players eventually will gear up in LFR and start appearing more and more often in flex and normal pugs, especially with oQueue and OpenRaid becoming more popular. Even if you never touched LFR, you will eventually have to suffer same kind of players outside of it.

  14. #234
    Said it before, I'll say it again: LFR needs to just become a 25-man scenario version of the raid. No tanks, no heals, all DPS. Much shorter queue times, the illusion of giving people a 'real' raiding experience is dispelled, Flex becomes the easy raid mode, scaling up from there. Everybody wins, IMO.

  15. #235
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,055
    LFR is just a flawed concept that's never going to get better. Putting random people in random groups just does not really work, especially when the content being ran is perceived to be a joke and not worth giving full attention to. Blizzard caters to this type of bad behavior by nerfing already dumbed down content even more which only teaches these same idiots to even be more bad and to not care even more.

  16. #236
    LFR wasn't meant to teach anything, I mean really, anyone who actually believed LFR was a stepping stone to raiding is in complete denial. There's not suppose to be a skill curve because that puts people off. The only reason these encounters even require a third of your DPS to be conscience is to make you do something, for healers to heal and tanks to tank.

    If it wasn't for healers then you'd probably have a 0% mortality rate in these instances.

    Still convinced LFR is just seen as a loot dispenser for most people and everything else is just a huge nuisance.

  17. #237
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,933
    @KBWarriors:

    Try empathising with other players. In other words try to imagine how they perceive the game and their experience it. That does not mean try to imagine how YOU feel when doing the content they seem to enjoy. Maybe it will help you to understand things a bit better.

    PS: Not everyone thinks the same. This is something you need to understand.

    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    @Raelbo

    Your entire response basically just said that players shouldn't have to work to achieve a common goal or potential loot.
    Not exactly. Not even close really. I said not every player should have to work hard to achieve some degree of fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    I am so tired of that "the intended audience of LFR doesn't want to try, participate or get better at their class."
    And I am tired of self important players who think way too much of themselves demanding that everyone play the game their way.

    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    THEN WHY DO THEY DESERVE LOOT!?
    Is the loot the same as Heroic Warforged loot? No, it isn't. It is a whopping 44 ilevels lower (probably less than 50% of the dps potential). Is the loot the same as Normal Mode? No it isn't. It is 25 ilevels lower (which is about 30% less dps). Even Flex Gear is significantly more potent.

    STOP MAKING STRAWMAN ARGUMENTS ABOUT NEEDING TO WORK HARD FOR LFR LOOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    $15 a month entitles you to access to the game, that's it.
    And for the $15 a player can reasonably expect to have a bit of fun while playing. Or they will stop.

    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Furthermore, how is that "casual content for all" method working out for them? Unless they straighten their crap up, WoW will be down to 4-5 million people by halfway through the next expansion in my opinion.
    And without the "casual content for all" WoW might already be down to 2 Million subscribers. The fact is all you can see is a correlation between declining subs numbers and the rise of LFR, but you have no way to assess the causality, and to be perfectly blunt about it, I doubt that LFR is the cause of the declining sub numbers. A far more reasonable assumption is that LFR is Blizzard's response to try and do what it can to slow the inevitable subs loss that the game will experience as it ages.

    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Stop the blatant hand holding and stop nerfing things just because people are lazy.
    It's a game. It's not a job. Some people want hand holding. Others don't. Stop trying to dictate to everyone who doesn't share your view how they should play their game.

    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Honestly, who would want to tank LFR?
    Obviously there are people who find the idea fun. Others might want some legendary items. Others might want to practice tanking. Others might want some easy VP. Or it could be a combination of any/all of the above.

    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    There's no punishment for people who refuse to raid or play the game.
    You say that like it's a bad thing. Have you actually stopped and read what you wrote and thought about it? Maybe you want the game to punish you. That's fine. But it isn't normal (ie what the majority of people want).

    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Then, you have the argument that people only have 1-2 hours a week to spend on a video game from some people. Out of curiosity, if someone is that pressed for time and has that little time to themselves as freetime, why in the world do they play? There are far better things to do with only 1 hour of free time if that's all you truly have.
    Evidently they have fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Also, did you honestly just tell me that an MMO isn't built off of grinding and team work?
    Did you honestly read my comment and honestly attempt to comprehend it? What I just told you was that grinding and team work is part of an MMO, but not the entirety thereof.

    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    In my opinion, take this game back to BC, tell the casuals tough shit if they don't want to properly learn their class and mechanics and let it be done.
    And I am very glad Blizzard don't take your advice, because I for one want this game to survive....

  18. #238
    Blizzard must be pretty ashamed of these nerfs to not give out a rough percentage of how much was nerfed.

    Either that or the nerfs are so small it won't be noticeable.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It's interesting that only 5% of players have downed Garrosh on any difficulty level, even LFR.

    This tier is rapidly turning into a disaster for Blizzard. I hope they don't announce at Blizzcon that the next expansion is six months away -- they can't wait that long.
    So we're barely a couple of weeks into Garrosh and your'e wondering why the kill rate is low? ¬_¬ get out of here and come back after its been out a couple of months.

  20. #240
    Dreadlord Nexsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    796
    It's LFR, who cares if they make it easier? The ilvl isn't really that high for the gear. Running Flex and up gives better gear, plus with Flex and up you can run with people you know or people who pull their weight and know their roles. LFR is just a stress fest when you're up to 5+ stacks.

    To the people who complain, if you're better then LFR, raid Flex or up, if not enjoy not having to wipe a ton of times. I can't count how many times I see people just standing back or auto attacking on a boss in LFR.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •