Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
... LastLast
  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    So how many people, exactly, would be torn up about LFR going away and Flex raids taking their place?
    The difference between guaranteed entrance to a group whenever you wish and being at the mercy of someone else often with inflated requirements is substantial. Groups done through matchmaking and groups assembled for a specific raid are very different things. Much of the talk about Flex replacing LFR is fantasy because of this. It's surprising that more people that talk about this can't see this as a critical difference.

  2. #282
    Stood in the Fire Ghoulthaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyxanna View Post
    The difference between guaranteed entrance to a group whenever you wish and being at the mercy of someone else when you can be on is substantial. Groups done through matchmaking and groups assembled for a specific raid are very different things. Much of the talk about Flex replacing LFR is fantasy because of this.
    I think the people who supposedly demand entrance to a group should go play something for younger kids. LFR is so watered down at this point that it's beyond saving. Games usually have easy, normal and hard modes. The only games that have VERY easy modes are either aimed for little kids or pornographic games aimed for adult audiences who wish to masturbate with one hand while playing with the other.

  3. #283
    I was very loud in my criticism of LFR and why it's bad. But since 5.4 and the somewhat better and different rewards for flex, normal and heroic, I really feel LFR should be as easy as possible just like WotLK heroics. No point in torture lesser skilled/equipped players.

    If mechanics are so easy for you and you are for example able to solo adds on Blackfuse even on normal mode, just try doing it in 502 gear.

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Master Cannoneer Dagryn, High Enforcer Thranok, and Lieutenant Krugruk now have less health and deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Dragonmaw Flameslinger's Flame Arrows now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Dragonmaw Tidal Shaman's Chain Heal now heals for 5% of health (down from 10%) on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Iron Juggernaut
    Iron Juggernaut now has less health and deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Kor'kron Dark Shaman
    Earthbreaker Haromm's Froststorm Strike now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Wavebinder Kardris' Froststorm Bolt and Toxic Tornado now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    This fight was already easy, but it's very time consuming when you're running with people in LFR gear. Remember that they do 33% of the DPS of a heroic raider just because their gear is not as good. That's not anything they can really help. These nerfs are just speeding up the run a little bit. Alternately they could buff LFR loot, but the rage and QQ from "real" raiders would be deafening.

    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    General Nazgrim's Sundering Blow now has a cap at 4 stacks, allowing him to gain up to a maximum of 25 Rage (50 while in Berserker Stance) on Raid Finder difficulty.
    That's to limit the damage that a single tank can do to the entire raid. While you may enjoy repeatedly kicking fail tanks after three stacks of determination only to find the next tank is as big a failure, most of us would rather be able to power through without having to go through that misery. I'm glad they did this.

    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Kor'kron Arcweavers, Kor'kron Assassins, Kor'kron Ironblades, and Kor'kron Warshamans now have less health and deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    See my earlier statement about LFR raiders doing 33% of the DPS of a "real" raider due to gear alone. Add to that the fact that 5 or 6 guys on any random run are completely oblivious to their raid chat window and will tunnel on the boss no matter what you say, and you're pretty much wiping when he does his double spawn at 10%. Another welcome boon.

    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Increased the time available before the defense system fully powers up for each quadrant to 360 seconds (up from 300 seconds) on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Mantid Commanders' Set to Blow ability now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Correcting more disproportionate DPS checks and preventing one or two duds in the raid from wiping the entire group for the lulz. These are good calls too.

    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Siegecrafter Blackfuse now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Crawler Mine's Detonate! ability now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Disassembled weapons now have less health on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Siegecrafter Blackfuse's Electrostatic Charge is now also applied to player controlled pets.
    Resolved an issue where Blackfuse Sellsword's Envenomed Shadowstep was causing more damage than intended.
    Every LFR run I've done someone has volunteered to "handle" the conveyor belts and every run I've done someone has utterly failed to do so. I'm not going to cry over this. At least my 150K HPS on this fight won't be going to waste as often now.

    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Hisek the Swarmkeeper's Sonic Resonance should no longer damage players that were also the target of his Aim ability.
    This sounds like a straight up bug fix.

    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Garrosh Hellscream now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Kor'kron Warbringers now have less health on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Farseer Wolf Riders now have less health and their Ancestral Chain Heal heals for 5% of health (down from 10%) on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Minion of Y'Shaarj's Empowering Corruption is now less effective on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Another nerf to disproportionate DPS checks, as described above.
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Empowered Touch of Y'Shaarj now increases the health of mind controlled players by 50% (down from a 100% increase) on Raid Finder difficulty.
    So now you need half as many players on board with dealing with MCs as before. That's kind of a relief.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulthaz View Post
    I think the people who supposedly demand entrance to a group should go play something for younger kids. LFR is so watered down at this point that it's beyond saving. Games usually have easy, normal and hard modes. The only games that have VERY easy modes are either aimed for little kids or pornographic games aimed for adult audiences who wish to masturbate with one hand while playing with the other.
    The point was how likely is it to be replaced by Flex. About as likely as LFG being removed for dungeons. And for the same reasons. My advice to you is to stay out of LFR and not think too much about it. It's clear that it's causing you personal issues. Queuing up for a group when you meet the minimum requirements for matchmaking isn't demanding anything.

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    My guess would be : Everyone who runs LFR now instead of flex.
    i don't think we have quite the same definition of exact
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

  7. #287
    Now maybe I'll actually do LFR on my alts. I stopped going because hitting 10 stacks of Determination to carry the 5 DPS doing sub 30k and the 4 AFKers wasn't worth the low chance at loot.
    FC: 3067-6604-6289. Steel Safari - Skarmory - Klefki - Ferrorseed

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Now maybe I'll actually do LFR on my alts. I stopped going because hitting 10 stacks of Determination to carry the 5 DPS doing sub 30k and the 4 AFKers wasn't worth the low chance at loot.
    Come on man, this is the forums. You carry 7 dps doing under 20k, 8 afk'ers, 2 heals in dps gear, and one offline tank. All while auto-attacking, and ignoring all mechanics yourself.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion
    Plox. I got your plox right fucking here. - Animalhouse
    I still prefer seeing Thrall rather than blood in my urine, that doesnt make him a good character. - Verdugo

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Come on man, this is the forums. You carry 7 dps doing under 20k, 8 afk'ers, 2 heals in dps gear, and one offline tank. All while auto-attacking, and ignoring all mechanics yourself.
    Possible to carry them on my main Hunter putting up about 300k per encounter before Determination but significantly harder on the Enhancement Shaman alt putting up 150k.

    Sadly, my alt Shaman is still the equivalent of 5 DPS in many LFR runs. LFR, with its current tuning, was more difficult to carry than previous runs so Blizzard nerfed the shit out of it. Fact of the matter is many people who run LFR as their only end game content have zero interest in improving themselves so telling them to get better would just result in them quitting, much like it did in Cataclysm.
    FC: 3067-6604-6289. Steel Safari - Skarmory - Klefki - Ferrorseed

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It's interesting that only 5% of players have downed Garrosh on any difficulty level, even LFR.

    This tier is rapidly turning into a disaster for Blizzard. I hope they don't announce at Blizzcon that the next expansion is six months away -- they can't wait that long.
    You'd think they'd be glad that only 5% of players have completed the game yet, so they might stay subbed for a bit longer.

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane2 View Post
    You'd think they'd be glad that only 5% of players have completed the game yet, so they might stay subbed for a bit longer.
    I don't see why 5% is a bad thing and would be considered a disaster. If you read what the majority of people on this website has to say is that the game is too easy. That would imply to me that having a small number of people kill the final boss in a expansion would be a good thing from their point of view.

    From my point of view I could care less. I haven't killed him yet and I'm sure I will before I start leveling to 95+!

  12. #292
    Herald of the Titans Mighty Blue Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Tell that to the stressed out average and good players trying to gear up alts that sit for hours hitting 4 - 10 stacks on bosses because people can't seem to adapt to the mechanics.
    This. They had dedicated healers (Paladin and Priest). I came in with LFR gear and beat them at healing (Druid).

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    I only que blackfuse and paragons for a chance at a pet. makes it easier for me so GG
    ^ Same here.

    I'd hate to see how the group went after I left after Paragons. I usually do most of the leading along with ~15%+ the total dps. One time I even did 31% of the total raid dps.

  14. #294
    So? Without LFR they'd be nerfing the normals instead--just like they did in Wrath and Cata.

  15. #295
    Brewmaster dryankem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    London, ON, Canada
    Posts
    1,356
    Not sure why people even care. Don't like it don't do it. Blizzard obviously felt the need to nerf content, like they do with everything. Nothing new here and it has zero effect on the players that don't do LFR.

    Arguing that it does is non-sense. The people in LFR are the ones that don't want to raid otherwise they would be doing normals or flex. For those that only do it because they don't have a raiding guild unfortunately it's the best method of gearing up at the moment, so now it's easier for you to do it and get out.

  16. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It's interesting that only 5% of players have downed Garrosh on any difficulty level, even LFR.

    This tier is rapidly turning into a disaster for Blizzard. I hope they don't announce at Blizzcon that the next expansion is six months away -- they can't wait that long.
    The 4th wing isn't very old in LFR terms, and given how long it's going to be around, the entire raid is fairly young. Yes, we'll all still be wondering why folks attack Nazgrim during d. stance 6 months from now.

    For me personally, I'm 3/14 normal (1 visit), and 11/14 flex. I don't want to see the end stages via LFR, and the times I have queued for it, the 1+ hour wait times is enough to make me say "yeah, I'm going to do some pvp on another toon".

    Point is, there's really no reason to rush. It's gonna be here a while.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion
    Plox. I got your plox right fucking here. - Animalhouse
    I still prefer seeing Thrall rather than blood in my urine, that doesnt make him a good character. - Verdugo

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    The last time I called out my ot for doing that I got kicked. Its really hard to get anyone kicked in lfr who is afk unless they do something that causes a wipe. IE pulls trash with the boss or the boss to early (a dps). Usually sitting there afk won't get you even noticed enough to be kicked.
    That's because I find it hard to believe that you could clear a boss with your OT AFK. Maybe in DS, but there aren't many (any?) one-tank fights in MoP LFR. I guarantee that if your OT were AFK on most fights it would be a wipe and they would be promptly kicked.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    It really isn't, they have the exact same problem:

    Guaranteed chance of finding a group no matter how badly you perform + complete anonymity = the content has to be so ridiculously easy that there is next to no chance at failing.
    The difference is that with 10% of the population trolling chances are you'll only get a troll in your five man on half your runs. By contrast, chances are that you'll get 2-3 trolls in every LFR run. That's what sucks about 25 man. Add in the fact that you have to get 20% consensus to even initiate a VTK and now you not only have 2-3 VTKs to initiate every run, but you have to get 4 others on board with you to even initiate it. That's why LFR is so much harder to control than 5-mans and why content has to be so ridiculously easy on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

  18. #298
    Titan Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    11,180
    I don't do lfr anymore because it's really not worth the amount of deaths you have for little to no reward...4 hours for one wing and winning nothing and if you do win something the ilevel is lower than you can get outside raids :S

    I prefer 10minutes to kill ordos/ celestials per week for 553+ vs 12hours in siege of org per week for 528 >.<

    Also you can get 543 outside raids with burdens if you are really calling 528 items free epic you are just complaining about lfr for the sake of it.

    OP- The more i read of your posts in this thread the more i realize you are just trying to take stabs at lfr players. Just stop it for heavens sakes. You, normal raiders, heroic raiders are not special hardcore super skilled players. You are normal people that can happen to devote time consistently to the game. I'm getting sick of people trying to segregate the wow community just because they feel the need to be seen as superior -.-
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-11-05 at 09:28 PM.

  19. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    THEN WHY DO THEY DESERVE LOOT!? $15 a month entitles you to access to the game, that's it. Furthermore, how is that "casual content for all" method working out for them? Unless they straighten their crap up, WoW will be down to 4-5 million people by halfway through the next expansion in my opinion.
    Think, McFly! Think! Who is going to continue to pay $15 for access to a game in which their character will no longer advance because they can't find nine other players online at the same time to hold their hand through the game? You have the word, "entitles," in the wrong place. The content Blizzard provides me entitles them to my $15 a month. Once they quit providing me with content I can do on my schedule they are no longer entitled to my monthly $15 and I unsubscribe. That may sit well with you, but you're not the one trying to run a business. Blizzard is. When you make your own MMO you can make it as hard as you want and even ban me from it. I probably wouldn't want to play it anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    No LFR player ever said that. Most say that they like LFR because they can play without a schedule. Hop in when they want and drop out if something comes up, even in the middle of a fight. Thats why many like it. And easy loot of course.

    And you are right, it's not elitist to recruit good players but it is elitist to come to the forum and say "You know, only baddies play LFR. Us really good players, we play flex".
    But Flex has a higher difficulty and a skill-based barrier to completion compared to LFR. The people doing Flex are objectively better. That's just the facts.

    And half the people in this thread are saying "oh good, im glad they nerfed it so I can get my loot more easily". Because of all the bad players in LFR.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •