Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ...
10
18
19
20
21
22
... LastLast
  1. #381
    I tried to get an answer from a Blizzard employee about a rough percentage and they basically refused to give a proper answer and told me they don't have to reveal such information. Must be ashamed of these nerfs.

  2. #382
    Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    Punished? Is that really the word you want to use as someone going for their masters?
    Who said everyone's masters are the same? Actually, many don't even want to master anything, just want to play and enjoy on the short time they have.

    Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    It's part of the game to understand how gems and stats affect your output. It's opportunity for maximum output gains. It's slightly more interesting than equipping a piece of gear and never thinking about it again.
    It's part of the game IF you choose to. I'm not talking about myself, because as I said I was pretty hardcore back in the days and now I just want to raid when I log on the short time and don't have the time and the mood to farm gold or whatever just to max out my character. But I also understand if players don't really care about maxing out, they just want their share of fast entertainment, an escape from the real world just for that little bit, without number-crunching.

    The LFR is built for that. For something more "professional", we got all the others raid difficulties. I know I wouldn't be raiding the LFR if I had the time.
    Last edited by Tauror; 2013-11-06 at 07:29 PM.

  3. #383
    Nerfing LFR is a good thing... I used to do a lot of LFR before... I did no LFR this patch so far... because it was terrible

    Flex for the win

  4. #384
    Ran LFR last night with a panda Monk DPS who kept taunting the boss and then complaining that he kept getting killed. They can not nerf LFR enough for some people.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

    -Kujako-

  5. #385
    I read the first six posts of this thread until I wondered why I am reading this.
    Just let this irrelevant topic die, guys, nothings ever going to change, lfr is here to say, bad players doing lfr too.

  6. #386
    Mechagnome Zorua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    745
    Better question, why does the OP care?
    If he doesn't like LFR, then he shouldn't use it. Whatever.
    Doesn't hurt you.

    3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

  7. #387
    Dreadlord taishar68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV USA
    Posts
    891
    Quote Originally Posted by pastar View Post
    If it is not ment to teach but rather to experience why not take purples out of lfr give them blues with no set bonus? Either way they get the same "experience" if that is what you want to call it. However, I see lfr as a toxic watered down poor excuse for a raid. Not a really good experience in my book.
    Why does it matter what color the loot is?

  8. #388
    Honestly, 20 pages is too long, but I was looking for a thread like this to ask a question: are we sure the 4 november nerfs have actually been applied? I checked the easiest to check, nazgrim, and he still got 8 stacks of sunder armor, and the adds hp is unchanged, other than nerfs. They said it requires a realm restart, but I think it happened, yet it still doesn't seem in place. Can post a screenshot of today's lfr nazgrim getting 8 stacks of sunder armor if needed.

  9. #389
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Honestly, just mail people the potential bags/loot they would've won instead of making them do the raid at this point.
    Ironically, this is in the works for 6.0 and beyond.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

  10. #390
    Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    P.S. If you think a player is bad because he don't watch and know the fight, you are wrong. What's the point of doing raids when you know everything before doing it? I remember I had difficulty killing ACT2 boss in Diablo 3, and I killed him by myself without the help of internet. Maybe just because when I started playing videogames I didnt had internet to tell me what to do.
    It must be a generational thing because I feel the same way. Everyone now researches raid fights top to bottom before the first pull and then they wonder why "the bads" can't faceroll it like they did. There was a time when we called that cheating but now it's called "strategy" and is not just tolerated, but expected and encouraged.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilara View Post
    But why? The only time I've ever hit 3 stacks in SoO was on garrosh the first day it was released. I know you don't go LFR for the challenge but this makes it way too easy.
    Then you're lucky. I can only recall one or two SoO LFR runs that didn't hit four stacks. I've done eight LFR runs for the first wing, seven runs for the second wing, four runs for the third wing, and two runs for the final wing. More often than not we're hitting four stacks on at least one fight. Sometimes as many as two. Every once in a while I luck into a good group that facerolls it. That doesn't happen often.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mcaffee View Post
    LFR is now so bad Blizz should just place a tourguide NPC at the entrance have it walk you through the place and at the end give you a goodie bag with some shinnies in it.
    That's effectively what you're doing every time you watch a Fatboss or Tankspot video. Just sayin'...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    Even if you hated this system, it takes all of about 3 minutes to figure out what is generally used for your class online thanks to guides.
    You're disregarding the time it takes to learn about the guides, let alone find them. If you're in a raiding guild it's probably on the guild info page or linked from the web site. Do you think they typical player goes to askmrrobot or is even aware of it? Even players who go there are sometimes so lazy that they don't see the bad advice that askmrrobot frequently gives. I remember it used to totally ignore haste breakpoints for resto shamans and that used to drive me crazy. My guild leader would ask why I wasn't reforged to askmrrobot's optimized rotation and I told him that it was wrong. Since I was consistently topping HPS and dispels he didn't push it. There's far more to playing your class well than just reading a guide. It certainly takes much longer than three minutes to understand everything.

    Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    It's ridiculous what people see as "punishment" today: traveling, leveling, dying, group quests, BoP, professions, etc.
    They took out lots of that stuff because they recognized that it sucked. So of course it's viewed as punishment when they put it back in. Obviously they know people don't like it and they obviously have the means to remove it, but they consciously choose to put that crap in the game. How else are people supposed to view it?
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

  11. #391
    Took my alt like 10 hours to complete LFRs... still too damn long.

    Wipes+waiting for new ppl.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

  12. #392
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabi View Post
    5 wipes...

    1- Tank ran to east jesus no where with garrosh. Desecrations all over the place "Why are the RDPS not where I told them to be"
    2- Tank kited Garrosh around the room. Desecrations now in a nice line following him. "WTF RDPS! Why can't you stay where I told you N00bs!"
    3- Tank ran TOWARDS the purple. "Dps is so bad lolol"
    4- Tank tanked Garrosh ON the red. "God you DPS suck, STACK ON THE PURPLE MOVE TO RED!" I noticed the tank was doing it wrong for the 4th time in a row..waited to see how long it would take till someone said something about the tank.
    5- Same EXACT thing as before. "Holy crap it's not that hard! Go watch a yt video or read a start it's quicker than wiping for hours" Then kinda like an "I'm spartacus" the sullen DPS spoke against the almighty tank. "umm how are we supposed to move to the red if the tank is tanking garrosh on the red"

    dead silence..
    This sounds eerily like a run I had the other night. I may even have been in your group. Everyone gets a bad run from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

  13. #393
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Tell that to the stressed out average and good players trying to gear up alts that sit for hours hitting 4 - 10 stacks on bosses because people can't seem to adapt to the mechanics.
    Basically you validate what he's saying : at this point, just mail the gear already.

  14. #394
    Dreadlord xytech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Stormscale
    Posts
    865
    Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Honestly, 20 pages is too long, but I was looking for a thread like this to ask a question: are we sure the 4 november nerfs have actually been applied? I checked the easiest to check, nazgrim, and he still got 8 stacks of sunder armor, and the adds hp is unchanged, other than nerfs. They said it requires a realm restart, but I think it happened, yet it still doesn't seem in place. Can post a screenshot of today's lfr nazgrim getting 8 stacks of sunder armor if needed.
    Nazgrim nerf is definitely not in place. I tanked him at constant 10 stacks as the other tank refused to taunt and had 3 ravages raping the team just now. Part 4 seemed nerfed to the ground though.

    Edit: Spoils have 360 timer instead of 300 so that nerf is guaranteed in. Not sure why nazgrim is still such a bitch.
    Last edited by xytech; 2013-11-10 at 02:33 PM.

  15. #395
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Even if you no longer play or don't do LFR, it's just funny to see when they make announcements like this:

    Honestly, just mail people the potential bags/loot they would've won instead of making them do the raid at this point. Siege of Orgrimmar was brilliant, the mechanics were brilliant and it was a great raid. Just because a few bad players who haven't adapted to you know basic concepts such as moving out of AoE started complaining, they felt that these constant barrages of nerfs are necessary...

    LFR isn't difficult and tanks aren't leaving because they're treated like crap in LFR, they're treated like crap after every wipe. They're leaving because would you rather deal with a bunch of AFK DPS and people who for the most part speak no English for a 528 ilvl or would you rather form a group with competent people and be rewarded with ilvl 540 in Flex? The majority of casuals have moved to Flex Finder mode, leaving only the AFKers, the incredibly bad (mostly ungemmed/unenchanted/not reforged) and the Portuguese playerbase to run LFR.

    Nerf it all you want, it's not going to teach players the core fundamentals of raiding or having to actually... God forbid, learn strategy to earn potential loot. I thought that an MMO revolved around hard work, grinding and team work.. apparently Blizzard is trying to re-invent what a MMO means. Oh well, I just enjoy seeing news like this as I occasionally check on MMO-C and Blizzard to see what the latest news is... I'm just waiting for more expansion information to determine whether I'll start a new account or not.
    You have no idea what you are talking about, that is all.

    The nerfs were needed, and we still need some more nerfs. It's hardly getting epics mailed to you, that straight away tells me you have no argument. LFR is full of bad players and bots, this is unavoidable, for players like me that do play exceptionally it's incredibly frustrating to be carrying these players. So the nerfs are needed, it has to be loleasymode to succeed.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Basically you validate what he's saying : at this point, just mail the gear already.
    Shittest argument ever. Just because a fight is nerfed doesn't suddenly make it effortless.

  16. #396
    Comparing a format with completely random players, no composition control, no minimum experience requirements to an organised format where players are picked and chosen specifically based on all of those criteria.

    Not fair at all.

    As usual it comes down to assumptions and accusations that "bad" players are the sole reason LFR exists.
    No, it is arrogant people like you who make any higher format very inaccessible to players who are time constrained or inexperienced.

  17. #397
    High Overlord Kornstyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chios, Greece (Hellas)
    Posts
    166
    Blizzard Said: "Raid Finder is there to let you see the content and story, almost like a Tourist mode."

    If it is a tourist mode, then they shall remove Loot from it....Why are they rewarding badies and AFKers who put 0 effort to the kill?? Its better to remove LFR and make the Raid like a cinematic, so the "Tourists" of this "tourist Mode" will see the story.....

  18. #398
    I am Murloc! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Colchester, land of the squaddies, UK
    Posts
    5,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Kornstyle View Post
    Blizzard Said: "Raid Finder is there to let you see the content and story, almost like a Tourist mode."

    If it is a tourist mode, then they shall remove Loot from it....
    Then there's no incentive to go there because the game is about improving your character. It would kill LFR and then kill the other modes of raiding.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0.5/3.5/4
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Glyphmaster Gunhaver

  19. #399
    High Overlord Kornstyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chios, Greece (Hellas)
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Then there's no incentive to go there because the game is about improving your character. It would kill LFR and then kill the other modes of raiding.
    Blizzard and a lot of people here keep saying that LFR is not here to make Players better....Why do you need to improve your character if you still be bad and don't know to how play the game??? Get loot from LFR won't help them coz they will keep failing and failing....
    Last edited by Kornstyle; 2013-11-11 at 05:13 AM.

  20. #400
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Tell that to the stressed out average and good players trying to gear up alts that sit for hours hitting 4 - 10 stacks on bosses because people can't seem to adapt to the mechanics.
    Penguin is 100% right.

    People in LFR are both AFK and completely uninterested in adapting to ANY form of tactics.


    Like at the start of (pre-nerf) Dark Shamans, you would get TEN DPS dead in the first THIRTY (30) SECONDS!

    Then during the boss fight about 5 more people would die to mistakes, lagg or fps issues - and the entire freaking Dark Shamans would have to be done by the remaining semi-competent 10 people.

    And in order to do that, those 10 living people needed at least 3+ stacks of Determination to pull it off before bosses went rampage or healers ran out of mana.


    During Blizzcon Blizzard gave the LFR mode a new nickname - TOURIST MODE.

    It is literally that, and for the sake of EVERY SANE PLAYER OUT THERE - i hope they nerf every LFR to the point where it literally is TOURIST MODE...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •