Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Indeed. So why is someone threatening to kick me when I am not putting in more effort?
    Some underperformance is so egregious it's just not excusable.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Honestly, what did we expect? Theyre data probably shows that the average LFR run takes to long and theres to many wipes. I mean seriously, I did LFR friday night. I spendt just about 4 hours. Endless wipes to easy mechanics, people arguing, people leaving and then wait. God forbid if one or BOTH tanks leave, then you maybe have to wait 1 hour.

When both tanks left my LFR grp, I was able to go and make dinner, eat it, talk with my brother about random stuff and when it was all done it was closing in on 1 hour. During that time some tanks joined and instant left(cause they did not want to join a started grp). In the end, we got two tanks and could move on.

Luckily for me, I got into a nice Flex raiding time a friend of mine was in. We cleared from start to thok(killed him to) in a few hours. Think it was between 2-3 hours. Just proves to be that I dont want to do LFR. Another player lost to the "oh so great" system.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

Keep them coming. I fully embrace nerfing the crap out of LFR.

They should just nerf the crap out of it from the get-go and save players the agony.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Well... Whirl-gripping people as a shadowpriest on Tay'ak was fun.

But once you know how normal / heroic raiding feels like, it's hard to not sense the absurdity of LFR.
    I think you'll have a lot of fun in Flex.
    Believe me going from Top 4 server guilds in vanilla tbc and wrath and then doing Heroic raiding on cata launch and doing this in mop I noticed a huge difference. But it did not stop my fun as when I saw the wipes on some bosses I laughed as I was like "WELCOME TO RAIDING >"

Flex looks appealing and with improved loot im sure my little motley crew will be into it. So far the guys are looking forward to it, think they just want to get some more gear before transitioning into flex. ATM im around 525 Ilevel on DK and similar on shaman. Need to get rid of a few bad items (still have 1st tier shoulders for crying out loud!) Doing a daily dungeon and scenario every day for rep + extra valour seems to work well for me as i'm getting an upgraded item once per day as long as I have done enough LFR.

Only thing I am really curious of his how bad they nerfed it.

I hate when they release a hotfix and don't put a rough percentage of how bad something was nerfed/buffed.

Would be hilarious if it's a ~25% nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now because those are missing, you think you need to do lfr, which is not intended for a player with your skills. This will not be fun for you, agreed.
    I don't "think" I have to do LFR. LFR is all there IS to do (PvE wise) for a character that does not raid, since Tanks and heals are useless in scenarios.
    I have 0 interest of raiding on my alts and to be perfectly honest: because I rarely play them, I have in not good enough, that I would even dare to enter a normal group.

So wow needs a different catch up mechanism?
    It's not so much about the gear as it is about having alternatives.
    Plus I enjoy the 5man form factor from a healing / tanking PoV.

Well then you should complain about missing 5 mans, right?
    Many did. Blizzard listened and promised. We will see if they keep it.

But it did not stop my fun as when I saw the wipes on some bosses I laughed
    Well it can be hilarious at times. I heard lots of fun stories (and rage fests) from my Guild mates on TS that made me chuckle, since I very rarely do LFR.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2013-11-05 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    It was easy before, is it blizzard caving in to people screaming nerfs on the forums? they should learn to ignore them and not cave in.
    Oh look, it's that nonsensical idea again that Blizzard makes changes due to noise on forums.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

They are toxic if everyone else is putting in an effort to kill the boss and get rewarded for it, but the bad players cause them to wipe. That just lets to frustration on both sides. The bad players are better off doing content they're actually capable of, or watching a Youtube video.
    I don't agree with that. A toxic player will blame you for anything. From my experience point, most of them just are bad*. If you are in an MMO game, you should know that there are a lot of players, and all of them with different skills.

I'm not defending them, but If the game allows them to play vs bosses and pass over them, with or without any skill, then they can continue with that. Other things are the bad behaviour and rage-quite kids, this are toxic players (and kick abusers in heroics Pugs in the old times too, I don't know how are the heroic raids this days).

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I don't "think" I have to do LFR. LFR is all there IS to do (PvE wise) for a character that does not raid, since Tanks and heals are useless in scenarios.
    I have 0 interest of raiding on my alts and to be perfectly honest: because I rarely play them, I have in not good enough, that I would even dare to enter a normal group.

It's not so much about the gear as it is about having alternatives.
    Plus I enjoy the 5man form factor from a healing / tanking PoV.

Many did. Blizzard listened and promised. We will see if they keep it.
    I am hoping 5mans make more of an impact in Draenor. As for Scenarios I go in on my DK quite a lot as tank. My damage is pretty damn good and isnt an issue. My shaman only has elemental spec but uses healing gear if I bother with scenarios on it. I only do scenarios for the rep and valour tbh. Heroic ones I do everynow and then with my brother and a friend for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by redwitchy View Post
    I was in Downfall part 4 yesterday, took me almost 7 hours of being in different groups to finally down Garrosh. People are unwilling to learn or look anything up and when I asked if anyone doesn't know tactics please speak up, no-one did......
    No need for more nerfs, just a need for people to not walk blindly in.

May be it was just my bad luck but ever since part 4 lfr was out I have downed Garrosh only once. Garrosh fight is all mechanics and determination stacks don't matter in that fight if no one is paying attention to the mechanics. What I have learned is if you cant down him on Tuesday or Wednesday dont bother queuing up for him in LFR because its not happening.

The other day on paragon fight we announced after we kill the big bug DO NOT click the crystal as it will start the fight and we need to explain the fight for the group. And off course you can guess what happened. Same thing happened on on part 2 first fight. After announcing not to talk to the npc as it starts the fight someone started the fight. 3 times in a row!!!

Either people deliberately want to wipe so that they can see their DPS numbers inflated or just to cause grief. I simply don't understand.

I was waiting for this QQ thread yesterday when I saw the hotfixes. I hope there are more nerfs, I'd like to run my alts through and get them some ez-mode epics. People who run flex+ modes, shouldn't even care. But, the ones that do care, I am glad they make you upset and cry.

It's interesting that only 5% of players have downed Garrosh on any difficulty level, even LFR.

This tier is rapidly turning into a disaster for Blizzard. I hope they don't announce at Blizzcon that the next expansion is six months away -- they can't wait that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Oh look, it's that nonsensical idea again that Blizzard makes changes due to noise on forums.
    I asked a question, i would not expect that you would answer but someone already did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im actually glad... tbh...Getting tired of fail lfr group at.. fucking Nazgrim. I didnt even tryed out the 4th part yet.. mostly because that im affraid of the group I will get.. :/ this make me feel more comfortable queuing, If i want challenge, I wont do lfr, I basically do it to gear my alt so.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    I asked a question, i would not expect that you would answer but someone already did.
    It was a rhetorical question, which is demonstrated by the statement you followed it with: "they should learn to ignore them and not cave in." Your excuse is rejected.

How does this affect you, OP?

It was a rhetorical question, which is demonstrated by the statement you followed it with: "they should learn to ignore them and not cave in." Your excuse is rejected.
    Or maby i just forgot to type if so "they should learn to ignore them and not cave in."

10+ Year Old Account
    Try gearing up a tank without a guild. Seriously. Just try it. LFR is about the only viable option these days and this late in an expansion. Or hell, even with a guild these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    Im actually glad... tbh...Getting tired of fail lfr group at.. fucking Nazgrim. I didnt even tryed out the 4th part yet.. mostly because that im affraid of the group I will get.. :/ this make me feel more comfortable queuing, If i want challenge, I wont do lfr, I basically do it to gear my alt so.
    It's funny, never had any problems with Nazgrimm, but watched plenty of full LFRs rage quit on dark shaman.

- - - Updated - - -

It's interesting that only 5% of players have downed Garrosh on any difficulty level, even LFR.

This tier is rapidly turning into a disaster for Blizzard. I hope they don't announce at Blizzcon that the next expansion is six months away -- they can't wait that long.
    The difficulty comes from encounter mechanics, and exactly how things should be. They can nerf the damage if they want. Honestly don't care. In the process of gearing a warrior tank for my Horde guild and gave up on my Alliance guild. It's not Blizzard's fault or even LFR's. And making raids exclusive and gating them will only serve to punish the ones that don't suck.

Deleted
    In my opinion, Make LFR, flex , Normal and heroic share lockout.

reason: casual players want lfr and that is fine , but people who raid normals almost always want to optimize their gear to have an easier time in Normal mode.
    Normal difficulty players should previous tier if the still have blue trinket etc. that way flex and normal players dont feel like the "have to" do LFR.

I know it's not mandatory, but if you are serious about your normal progression, you run LFR just to fill the gear spots before you get Loot in Normal mode.

Just my opinion but i think that is the solution for all the whine surrounding LFR.