Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Needs far more nerfs than this. I really think with the queue times that exist now, and with the percentage of people getting quick heal queues that are messing up the overall queue, that they should just take all the mechanics out, or just have the looks of the mechanics. There are few mechanics left as it is. LFR is and should not exist in a way that upsets the target players.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmikeguy View Post
    Needs far more nerfs than this.
    Depends how bad they nerfed it since they gave no percentages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Even if you no longer play or don't do LFR, it's just funny to see when they make announcements like this:

Honestly, just mail people the potential bags/loot they would've won instead of making them do the raid at this point. Siege of Orgrimmar was brilliant, the mechanics were brilliant and it was a great raid. Just because a few bad players who haven't adapted to you know basic concepts such as moving out of AoE started complaining, they felt that these constant barrages of nerfs are necessary...

LFR isn't difficult and tanks aren't leaving because they're treated like crap in LFR, they're treated like crap after every wipe. They're leaving because would you rather deal with a bunch of AFK DPS and people who for the most part speak no English for a 528 ilvl or would you rather form a group with competent people and be rewarded with ilvl 540 in Flex? The majority of casuals have moved to Flex Finder mode, leaving only the AFKers, the incredibly bad (mostly ungemmed/unenchanted/not reforged) and the Portuguese playerbase to run LFR.

Nerf it all you want, it's not going to teach players the core fundamentals of raiding or having to actually... God forbid, learn strategy to earn potential loot. I thought that an MMO revolved around hard work, grinding and team work.. apparently Blizzard is trying to re-invent what a MMO means. Oh well, I just enjoy seeing news like this as I occasionally check on MMO-C and Blizzard to see what the latest news is... I'm just waiting for more expansion information to determine whether I'll start a new account or not.
    Why do you care if you don't play LFR? I stay away from it and go Flex instead myself too, but there IS a huge audience that needs this. They will never get the same achievements as you, they will never compete with you, they need this so they can get their own experience too.

I don't see the issue with LFR nerfs, if anything it makes it more enjoyable for those of us that know what to do and don't have to deal with morons ruining our game time due to overtuning.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Is it really that bad to whipe atleast once or twice in a wing? Especially the later ones?
    Emo rage aversion to wipes seems to be a universal thing in this game, for both casual and self-appointed 'hardcore' players alike.

Rather humorous, really.

I think the one thing everyone is forgetting the big picture. LFR is the easy difficulty level with Heroic being the most difficult level. If your doing LFR you don't want to be dying repeatably which obviously is happening since Blizzard can see internally. Yes, they could attempt ways of trying to getting the players to become better but how many are you going to piss off in the process when you already losing subs. Their only way out here is to lower the stats and make LFR easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what? LFR is for people who are looking for a quick loot run. Most people are just not good players there. I gave up on it due to people not being able to deal with anything at all.

But thats just me. If someone wants to play LFR to get lesser gear and see the content, nerf away!

OP your name is very apt.

You assume wrong that an MMO is supposed to be hard and a grind.

If you want that gamestyle which went out 10 years ago, go and play EQ where you can be leet and grind for ever.

90% of people want to login and progress while having fun. What you think is the game is not fun for the vast majority of gamers.

So stop crying and move on

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    OP your name is very apt.

You assume wrong that an MMO is supposed to be hard and a grind.

If you want that gamestyle which went out 10 years ago, go and play EQ where you can be leet and grind for ever.

90% of people want to login and progress while having fun. What you think is the game is not fun for the vast majority of gamers.

So stop crying and move on
    Doing LFR does NOT require alot of work. Im happy if players in LFR dont stand in fire or other obvious bad stuff and atleast do more than autoattack the boss. IF every player in a LFR grp worked for this, it would be much easier. I dont ask for high DPS req in LFR, but I do ask for minimum effort in not standing in bad stuff and click some attack buttons that the game gives you and your class.

I mean come on, people queue for LFR and go AFK the whole run. Same people also come out in chat saying "lol u bad", "lol wtf we wiped". There is a difference between doing bad dps with your class and not moving out of obvious shit, being afk on purpose,being rude. I would bet the LFR experience would be much better if people payed a little attention and think "oh shit, this green shit on the ground, maybe I should not stand in it?" Do you need to be a hardcore gamer to understand that? No. Do you need to watch guides to understand fire=bad ? No.

I would think that while playing wow in LFR, you would like to USE your character. That means, click buttons to perform offensive spells. Wich again means you do damage. Even if its low, I bet this could be overlooked if people actually moved out of shit and sometimes attacked adds.

Blizzard should also find other end game activities. At the same time they should either remove LFR or make it piss easy. Since what I wrote above is probably to much for many players(!).
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only que blackfuse and paragons for a chance at a pet. makes it easier for me so GG
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    LFR isn't difficult and tanks aren't leaving because they're treated like crap in LFR, they're treated like crap after every wipe. They're leaving because would you rather deal with a bunch of AFK DPS and people who for the most part speak no English for a 528 ilvl or would you rather form a group with competent people and be rewarded with ilvl 540 in Flex? The majority of casuals have moved to Flex Finder mode, leaving only the AFKers, the incredibly bad (mostly ungemmed/unenchanted/not reforged) and the Portuguese playerbase to run LFR.
    First people complain about nerfs to normal and heroic. Now they complain about nerfs to LFR. I am not sure what your problem is with Blizzard nerfing LFR.

If you want a challenge, there are challenges out there. If you are not doing LFR, why are you complaining so much about LFR. And finally, what has the ablitity to speak English got anything to with it. Last time I checked, English is not the only language out there.

LFR is really nothing more than an exaggerated version of a heroic dungeon: 25 people and much longer. It shouldn't be any more difficult than a heroic either.

OK, so it's not raiding. That's fine.

Blizzard should really think about designing it from this point of view. It might help them to get the difficulty right.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Flex actually IS easier than LFR, because you can create a moron-free group, which is plain impossible in LFR.
    yeah great logic, might as well say heroic is easier than LFR because you're in Method or blood legion etc.

I might hold a minority opinion here - but I think progressively nerfing LFR is fine with how low the participation is - not to mention that Flex and Normal raids get a lot easier as the average ilvl of people in those groups continues to increase across the tier - whereas LFR will always harbor players with the bare minimum 496 gear and geared players will graduate onto higher difficulties with no reason to come back (flex at least has a social aspect to tie people in)

I always thought it was kind of weird that DS got a 5% nerf every month but LFR remained the same throughout the tier. I think they're applying the same philosophy here of progressively nerfing the content to keep participation levels up

The problem is, Blizzard's answer to players struggling with boss mechanics is simply to nerf them so much that they are so forgiving to the point of being redundant.

This is bad, because:

Bosses will all be tank & spank with mechanics you can largely ignore. (Unless you are the tank, where the relative deficit in knowledge, between the tank who needs to know a lot and DPS/Healers who know nothing, will only increase).
    All bosses will therefore be very similar and therefore less interesting and more boring.
    LFR will be less useful as a tool to learn the boss fights. I found doing LFR was a good preliminary way of learning boss fights ready for flex. When no one pays any attention to the mechanics, you don't learn anything.

Instead of nerfing the mechanics to the point where they can be ignored, Blizzard need to find new ways of demonstrating to players what it is that killed them or forced them to wipe, and what they should do differently. We need better warnings, a built in DBM (some people still don't have it!). These things would make a better difference, and rather then removing obstacles, you are equipping people with dealing with them.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane2 View Post
    And yet its the LFR defenders who say LFR is literally designed for bad players who don't want to get better. Its not elitist to just recruit a team of players who are capable of beating Flex bosses, its just common sense. Like if you were picking players for a weekend bowling league you'd pick people who can get more hits than gutter balls.
    No LFR player ever said that. Most say that they like LFR because they can play without a schedule. Hop in when they want and drop out if something comes up, even in the middle of a fight. Thats why many like it. And easy loot of course.

And you are right, it's not elitist to recruit good players but it is elitist to come to the forum and say "You know, only baddies play LFR. Us really good players, we play flex".

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Flex actually IS easier than LFR, because you can create a moron-free group, which is plain impossible in LFR.
    Flex runs can and do fail, and when wipes happen loosely made flex groups quickly disband. Unlike LFR where it can take a long time, but you will eventually succeed no matter what.

Deleted
    The problem is that already most people in LFR play semi afk giving 50% if not less and knowing that every week bosses are even easier won't help in changing that behavior.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Tell that to the stressed out average and good players trying to gear up alts that sit for hours hitting 4 - 10 stacks on bosses because people can't seem to adapt to the mechanics.
    And there lies the problem.

Everyone's undergeared, unenchanted alts are part of problem as well.

LFR should not be required to gear up an alt in preparation for an alt run, and myself aside, I know many people who have stopped putting much time into gearing alts to get ready for flex solely because of having to do it in LFR.

So how many people, exactly, would be torn up about LFR going away and Flex raids taking their place?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

The level of pretentious in these threads is disgusting. If you're commenting on this subject, or made this thread, and have any thought along the lines of "it's only LFR", then you're the problem. Saying LFR is only for bads is myopic and daft, I consider myself better than the average player yet I LFR it up all the time, why? Because I have a wife, a child, a job and triple major BUT I still need some down time (or I'll lose it, holy shit). LFR fits perfectly. If you don't like it, or if "it's only LFR", then stick to your challenge modes, flex runs, normal or heroics and leave the rest of populace alone. It's not that hard.