Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Good, makes it easier to carry the LFR monkeys. The easier the better, LFR is made so literally every max level character can see the content , some people aren't able to do the simplest of things so LFR should really be easy as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I can relate to this. Six years ago I knew the mechanics and the numbers just like I know the palm of my hand, I even discussed about with my former college friends. Nowadays I barely have time to play WoW, working so hard on my masters degree, and when I do, I use the tool (LFR) built for people like me. Why should then I be punished for not knowing today which gems are the best or if I don't have the X reforge? Why should anyone be punished on a game, as in an entertainment tool for what was designed, that they pay each month?
    Punished? Is that really the word you want to use as someone going for their masters?

It's part of the game to understand how gems and stats affect your output. It's opportunity for maximum output gains. It's slightly more interesting than equipping a piece of gear and never thinking about it again.
    Even if you hated this system, it takes all of about 3 minutes to figure out what is generally used for your class online thanks to guides.

It's ridiculous what people see as "punishment" today: traveling, leveling, dying, group quests, BoP, professions, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Because LFR could be fun if it wasn't filled with so many terrible people.
    This is true..

Last night I just left a LFR not cause people were bad, not because we wiped once but because of THOSE people...and my GF came home..

THOSE people..ahh yes..Sorry this is long...

TL;DR The fuck did I just read? cool story bra! It's trying to communicate.

I can deal with people not knowing fights and not asking, I can deal with people just doing their thing barely paying attention cause I can't blame them. SoO LFR is boring, I always found it more fun raiding with guildies and friends where we would mess around over the actual fights being fun cause tbh I've raided every tier sans FL, Blizzard has run out of fresh new ideas for encounters a looong time ago.

It's these people..

The Carebear - I've seen this quite a few times, you'll have some kid trying to wipe the raid at every chance they can and no offense they're USUALLY from Kel'thuzad US, people will attempt to kick the problematic player either cause they're trying to wipe the raid or are just holding the raid back, The Carebear will usually stop the kick claiming that it's "mean" and we're all "a bunch of jerks". Which is the less obnoxious version of...

The Tank's personal ass cleaner - They usually pretend to know what they're doing and usually are the most vocal. They'll blame ANYONE OR ANYTHING besides the tank. The tank could be removing all their gear, running to the middle of the room keyboard turning in circles spamming trololoololololol and this..person..will say "Why is the DPS so bad!" then follow it up with "why can't you people watch a YT vid it takes 10 mins" or "I've done this before on flex/10/25...on another character (OFC)". Example.. Garrosh. Some hunter took the reins. Typical strat. RDPS goes from Red to purple when axe is tossed, kill axe. TANK GARROSH ON THE GREEN, kill one Engi, blah blah blah.

5 wipes...

1- Tank ran to east jesus no where with garrosh. Desecrations all over the place "Why are the RDPS not where I told them to be"
    2- Tank kited Garrosh around the room. Desecrations now in a nice line following him. "WTF RDPS! Why can't you stay where I told you N00bs!"
    3- Tank ran TOWARDS the purple. "Dps is so bad lolol"
    4- Tank tanked Garrosh ON the red. "God you DPS suck, STACK ON THE PURPLE MOVE TO RED!" I noticed the tank was doing it wrong for the 4th time in a row..waited to see how long it would take till someone said something about the tank.
    5- Same EXACT thing as before. "Holy crap it's not that hard! Go watch a yt video or read a start it's quicker than wiping for hours" Then kinda like an "I'm spartacus" the sullen DPS spoke against the almighty tank. "umm how are we supposed to move to the red if the tank is tanking garrosh on the red"

dead silence..

Both tanks leave.

Hunter gets all pissy and says we're mean, that he knows the fights and has done them before. Someone brings up he's only pulling 37k dps..as a hunter...which leads to..

Mr/Ms. If I make enough noise maybe people won't notice how bad I am AKA it came from XBL - you know them, they're a staple to raiding. They're in your guild. They used to be just rogues now it's mostly mages and hunters. They will NEVER EVER switch targets or move out of stupid. They're always pull big numbers but when you stand in one place doing your rotation it's really not that hard. They are terrible at this game and just FotM class hop. They will be the first to call out people making claims such as "If you have more than 50% damage on Nezgrim you're a n00b" as if they are the only person in the world....of warcraft who has discovered Recount or Skada cause when you look at their damage it's usually 99% Nezgrim. They'll usually die to swelling pride or the big dino's (brain fart) charge. You can speak their language easily randomly replace adjectives or verbs with the words fag, geh and n00b.

Mr/Ms "my guild did this fight so naturally I can lead a raid!" - usually they too are in your guild. You know them. Best friend of an officer, GF/BF of the MT, Top DPS or healer, the GL's brother. They aren't very good..at all...but you have to raid with them because..well.."guild couples". So they sit in your raids cause you can't have on without the other and no one wants to tell them how bad they are. Then they come to LFR with this false sense of greatness and attempt to tell people how wrong they are doing things when they themselves are just...yeeeah I mean if someone is bad..fine I'm not perfect but there's a difference between being bad and being bad and thinking you're gods gift to WoW. They have this air of elitism, yet they're in LFR with the rest of us "scrubs"

The "tank" - Note not a Tank but someone who thinks they're a tank cause that what they selected in the queue. Them plus the ass cleaner and the carebear it's just...wow. I've had a tank in a mish mosh of prot and ret PVP gear with a green weapon who was some really random spec. No one wanted to kick them cause they didn't want to wait in the queue. I've had a healer try to blame me for a wipe cause apparently Ret is the new prot and since the OT was off in east jesus nowhere as the Jailer ran to me cause I hit it with a judgement and then well wipe. The garrosh story. It's the "just cause your class can fill a role doesn't mean YOU should be playing said roll" It's like a new breed of Prima Donna Tank Syndrome almost as bad as it was in tera's US launch. "Tanks" don't care they could AFK in fights and people will kick everybody BUT them just cause they don't want to wait in a queue then when they ARE kicked they'll run to a forum and claim that everyone is so mean to the tanks.

I read the forums so I'm better than you guys aka The Waaaaahbulance chaser - The worst of them all. oh you know them...look around on this very site. They're the same people who will bitch about barrens chat cause of what they read if someone so much as says "lulz" in general. They'll bitch about how easy raiding has become and how progression is a joke but all they do is sit in SW/Org and bitch in trade never having set foot in a raid themselves. They'll make asinine claims of "how things were in classic" cause apparently recounting events of the past makes you more "elite" no matter how wrong they are. It's this weird thing wow has..people read things 4th or 5th hand on the forums and think "if thats how people say things are on the forums I have to act that way in game or people won't think I'm cool!" All they do is bitch and moan and whine in raid cause since they read people suck in LFR they're going to keep saying that people suck in LFR. Had that last night...the tank actually...never did LFR but had no quams telling people how bad they are at it cause it's LFR.

And if you made it this far...

After all that crap you put up with in LFR you, well I, more often than not will get the "Everybody wins..but aww we're fresh out of loots so here's the boobie prize. 12-15 gold and 5 motes which with two gathering professions is SO USEFUL!"

I and others do LFR not cause it's "Easy" cause we don't really want to or can't dedicate the time to raid with a guild but do enjoy raiding...or in this case..we'll call it "large scale group combat". Usually it's a time limitation where RL has gotten in the way of WoW, when you spend a while in the queue only to get into a raid spend as long as you can in there and realize your wow time would have been better spent doing dailies, heroics and scenarios. At least the first heroic and scenario give you bonus rep and trash drops give you enchanting mats which sell for more than you get in the boobie prize bags AND you get Justice points say if you need BoA gear or god knows what seeing how JP is as useless as VP at this point....almost..VP is a bit more useful.

I forgot where I was going with this.

I tried to get an answer from a Blizzard employee about a rough percentage and they basically refused to give a proper answer and told me they don't have to reveal such information. Must be ashamed of these nerfs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    Punished? Is that really the word you want to use as someone going for their masters?
    Who said everyone's masters are the same? Actually, many don't even want to master anything, just want to play and enjoy on the short time they have.

It's part of the game to understand how gems and stats affect your output. It's opportunity for maximum output gains. It's slightly more interesting than equipping a piece of gear and never thinking about it again.
    It's part of the game IF you choose to. I'm not talking about myself, because as I said I was pretty hardcore back in the days and now I just want to raid when I log on the short time and don't have the time and the mood to farm gold or whatever just to max out my character. But I also understand if players don't really care about maxing out, they just want their share of fast entertainment, an escape from the real world just for that little bit, without number-crunching.

The LFR is built for that. For something more "professional", we got all the others raid difficulties. I know I wouldn't be raiding the LFR if I had the time.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2013-11-06 at 07:29 PM.

Nerfing LFR is a good thing... I used to do a lot of LFR before... I did no LFR this patch so far... because it was terrible

Flex for the win

10+ Year Old Account
    Ran LFR last night with a panda Monk DPS who kept taunting the boss and then complaining that he kept getting killed. They can not nerf LFR enough for some people.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I read the first six posts of this thread until I wondered why I am reading this.
    Just let this irrelevant topic die, guys, nothings ever going to change, lfr is here to say, bad players doing lfr too.

Better question, why does the OP care?
    If he doesn't like LFR, then he shouldn't use it. Whatever.
    Doesn't hurt you.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pastar View Post
    If it is not ment to teach but rather to experience why not take purples out of lfr give them blues with no set bonus? Either way they get the same "experience" if that is what you want to call it. However, I see lfr as a toxic watered down poor excuse for a raid. Not a really good experience in my book.
    Why does it matter what color the loot is?

Honestly, 20 pages is too long, but I was looking for a thread like this to ask a question: are we sure the 4 november nerfs have actually been applied? I checked the easiest to check, nazgrim, and he still got 8 stacks of sunder armor, and the adds hp is unchanged, other than nerfs. They said it requires a realm restart, but I think it happened, yet it still doesn't seem in place. Can post a screenshot of today's lfr nazgrim getting 8 stacks of sunder armor if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Honestly, just mail people the potential bags/loot they would've won instead of making them do the raid at this point.
    Ironically, this is in the works for 6.0 and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    P.S. If you think a player is bad because he don't watch and know the fight, you are wrong. What's the point of doing raids when you know everything before doing it? I remember I had difficulty killing ACT2 boss in Diablo 3, and I killed him by myself without the help of internet. Maybe just because when I started playing videogames I didnt had internet to tell me what to do.
    It must be a generational thing because I feel the same way. Everyone now researches raid fights top to bottom before the first pull and then they wonder why "the bads" can't faceroll it like they did. There was a time when we called that cheating but now it's called "strategy" and is not just tolerated, but expected and encouraged.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilara View Post
    But why? The only time I've ever hit 3 stacks in SoO was on garrosh the first day it was released. I know you don't go LFR for the challenge but this makes it way too easy.
    Then you're lucky. I can only recall one or two SoO LFR runs that didn't hit four stacks. I've done eight LFR runs for the first wing, seven runs for the second wing, four runs for the third wing, and two runs for the final wing. More often than not we're hitting four stacks on at least one fight. Sometimes as many as two. Every once in a while I luck into a good group that facerolls it. That doesn't happen often.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mcaffee View Post
    LFR is now so bad Blizz should just place a tourguide NPC at the entrance have it walk you through the place and at the end give you a goodie bag with some shinnies in it.
    That's effectively what you're doing every time you watch a Fatboss or Tankspot video. Just sayin'...

- - - Updated - - -

Even if you hated this system, it takes all of about 3 minutes to figure out what is generally used for your class online thanks to guides.
    You're disregarding the time it takes to learn about the guides, let alone find them. If you're in a raiding guild it's probably on the guild info page or linked from the web site. Do you think they typical player goes to askmrrobot or is even aware of it? Even players who go there are sometimes so lazy that they don't see the bad advice that askmrrobot frequently gives. I remember it used to totally ignore haste breakpoints for resto shamans and that used to drive me crazy. My guild leader would ask why I wasn't reforged to askmrrobot's optimized rotation and I told him that it was wrong. Since I was consistently topping HPS and dispels he didn't push it. There's far more to playing your class well than just reading a guide. It certainly takes much longer than three minutes to understand everything.

It's ridiculous what people see as "punishment" today: traveling, leveling, dying, group quests, BoP, professions, etc.
    They took out lots of that stuff because they recognized that it sucked. So of course it's viewed as punishment when they put it back in. Obviously they know people don't like it and they obviously have the means to remove it, but they consciously choose to put that crap in the game. How else are people supposed to view it?
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Took my alt like 10 hours to complete LFRs... still too damn long.

Wipes+waiting for new ppl.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabi View Post
    5 wipes...

1- Tank ran to east jesus no where with garrosh. Desecrations all over the place "Why are the RDPS not where I told them to be"
    2- Tank kited Garrosh around the room. Desecrations now in a nice line following him. "WTF RDPS! Why can't you stay where I told you N00bs!"
    3- Tank ran TOWARDS the purple. "Dps is so bad lolol"
    4- Tank tanked Garrosh ON the red. "God you DPS suck, STACK ON THE PURPLE MOVE TO RED!" I noticed the tank was doing it wrong for the 4th time in a row..waited to see how long it would take till someone said something about the tank.
    5- Same EXACT thing as before. "Holy crap it's not that hard! Go watch a yt video or read a start it's quicker than wiping for hours" Then kinda like an "I'm spartacus" the sullen DPS spoke against the almighty tank. "umm how are we supposed to move to the red if the tank is tanking garrosh on the red"

dead silence..
    This sounds eerily like a run I had the other night. I may even have been in your group. Everyone gets a bad run from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Tell that to the stressed out average and good players trying to gear up alts that sit for hours hitting 4 - 10 stacks on bosses because people can't seem to adapt to the mechanics.
    Basically you validate what he's saying : at this point, just mail the gear already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Honestly, 20 pages is too long, but I was looking for a thread like this to ask a question: are we sure the 4 november nerfs have actually been applied? I checked the easiest to check, nazgrim, and he still got 8 stacks of sunder armor, and the adds hp is unchanged, other than nerfs. They said it requires a realm restart, but I think it happened, yet it still doesn't seem in place. Can post a screenshot of today's lfr nazgrim getting 8 stacks of sunder armor if needed.
    Nazgrim nerf is definitely not in place. I tanked him at constant 10 stacks as the other tank refused to taunt and had 3 ravages raping the team just now. Part 4 seemed nerfed to the ground though.

Edit: Spoils have 360 timer instead of 300 so that nerf is guaranteed in. Not sure why nazgrim is still such a bitch.
    Last edited by xytech; 2013-11-10 at 02:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Even if you no longer play or don't do LFR, it's just funny to see when they make announcements like this:

Honestly, just mail people the potential bags/loot they would've won instead of making them do the raid at this point. Siege of Orgrimmar was brilliant, the mechanics were brilliant and it was a great raid. Just because a few bad players who haven't adapted to you know basic concepts such as moving out of AoE started complaining, they felt that these constant barrages of nerfs are necessary...

LFR isn't difficult and tanks aren't leaving because they're treated like crap in LFR, they're treated like crap after every wipe. They're leaving because would you rather deal with a bunch of AFK DPS and people who for the most part speak no English for a 528 ilvl or would you rather form a group with competent people and be rewarded with ilvl 540 in Flex? The majority of casuals have moved to Flex Finder mode, leaving only the AFKers, the incredibly bad (mostly ungemmed/unenchanted/not reforged) and the Portuguese playerbase to run LFR.

Nerf it all you want, it's not going to teach players the core fundamentals of raiding or having to actually... God forbid, learn strategy to earn potential loot. I thought that an MMO revolved around hard work, grinding and team work.. apparently Blizzard is trying to re-invent what a MMO means. Oh well, I just enjoy seeing news like this as I occasionally check on MMO-C and Blizzard to see what the latest news is... I'm just waiting for more expansion information to determine whether I'll start a new account or not.
    You have no idea what you are talking about, that is all.

The nerfs were needed, and we still need some more nerfs. It's hardly getting epics mailed to you, that straight away tells me you have no argument. LFR is full of bad players and bots, this is unavoidable, for players like me that do play exceptionally it's incredibly frustrating to be carrying these players. So the nerfs are needed, it has to be loleasymode to succeed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Basically you validate what he's saying : at this point, just mail the gear already.
    Shittest argument ever. Just because a fight is nerfed doesn't suddenly make it effortless.

Comparing a format with completely random players, no composition control, no minimum experience requirements to an organised format where players are picked and chosen specifically based on all of those criteria.

Not fair at all.

As usual it comes down to assumptions and accusations that "bad" players are the sole reason LFR exists.
    No, it is arrogant people like you who make any higher format very inaccessible to players who are time constrained or inexperienced.

Deleted
    Blizzard Said: "Raid Finder is there to let you see the content and story, almost like a Tourist mode."

If it is a tourist mode, then they shall remove Loot from it....Why are they rewarding badies and AFKers who put 0 effort to the kill?? Its better to remove LFR and make the Raid like a cinematic, so the "Tourists" of this "tourist Mode" will see the story.....