Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Movies] Warcraft movie

At BlizzCon we see at last Warcraft movie trailer. What you expect from Warcraft movie?

10+ Year Old Account
    pure epicness!

no way we're going to see a trailer. They haven't even cast yet. A little teaser like at comicon? Sure. I could see that.

Deleted
    Stoked for it, tho' as posted above, a trailer is highly unlikely. Expecting to see something regarding it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far not a single movie based on a video-game was any good. Max Paine movie was probably the best of them, but even it actually sucks a lot. I doubt Warcraft would be any different.

10+ Year Old Account
    "in a world"... something something... "of warcraft"
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    So far not a single movie based on a video-game was any good. Max Paine movie was probably the best of them, but even it actually sucks a lot. I doubt Warcraft would be any different.
    I disagree, I always liked Lara Croft, but it might just be the boobs, none the less I liked them
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

I blame Uwe Boll, mostly (just remembered Van Damme's Street Fighter, nevermind).

Oh, wait. Silent Hill was decent.

Deleted
    Resident Evil - massive franchise
    Lara Croft
    Prince of Persia
    Silent Hill
    Hitman

There are all blockbuster type movies, not critically-acclaimed types. Lower your expectations and have fun!
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-11-06 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quakefan View Post
    At BlizzCon we see at last Warcraft movie trailer. What you expect from Warcraft movie?
    Oh there will be a trailer all right, a fully functioning live action trailer in which Ghostcrawler plays every part himself.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Resident Evil - massive franchise
    Lara Croft
    Prince of Persia
    Silent Hill
    Hitman

There are all blockbuster type movies, not critically-acclaimed types. Lower your expectations and have fun!
    And every single one of those were terrible movies, this movie is going to be a giant blunder. I can't wait to see how terrible the trailer will be, and watching people scramble to it's defense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    And every single one of those were terrible movies, this movie is going to be a giant blunder. I can't wait to see how terrible the trailer will be, and watching people scramble to it's defense.
    Well, tbh, the "Warcraft" movie has effectively been done already in the form of LotR - rated by many people as the overall best film and film series ever made.

Since nothing they do will ever even come close to comparing to that, it can only be downhill from there with your kind of expectations...

Personally, I'm happy just to be pleasantly surprised. Even something ala. Princess Bride or Willow would be good for me - although perhaps even those are too good because they both got Oscar Nominations!
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-11-06 at 07:29 PM.

If it is better than the Dungeon Siege movie then I will be pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Well, tbh, the "Warcraft" movie has effectively been done already in the form of LotR - rated by many people as the overall best film and film series ever made.

I'm not quite sure I'm ready to say simply because the Warcraft movie has likely has orcs and a wizard that it has been done already as Lord of the Rings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    As long as it does not effect the financial stability of the company like the the FF Spirits Within did to Square I don't really care. I do expect the movie to suck and suck hard but as long as the gaming side of the company is not effected they can do whatever they want to waste their money.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I'm not quite sure I'm ready to say simply because the Warcraft movie has likely has orcs and a wizard that it has been done already as Lord of the Rings.

- - - Updated - - -

As long as it does not effect the financial stability of the company like the the FF Spirits Within did to Square I don't really care. I do expect the movie to suck and suck hard but as long as the gaming side of the company is not effected they can do whatever they want to waste their money.
    I think the bad games Square released hurt more than a bad movie. This warcraft movie will swallow just like every other movie based off a video game.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/...adaptation.htm
    You cared enough to post.

I wouldnt say that all movies about games were bad.
    Mortal Kombat was huge success.
    Lara Croft was not bad.
    Resident Evil was success (last movies might have sucked, but the fact that they are milking them for so long, counts for something).
    PoP was, imho, good. Of course, not as epic as the game itself, but it didnt flop, and was received OK.
    P.S.
    Please do not count Uwe Boll crap between movies. He has done so much harm...

[Movie] WoW Movie - How many records will it break?

Do you guys believe this highly-anticipated movie is going to shatter some records?

Which ones do you think it will be?

Too early to tell imo. It really depends which story they are going to tell and how they handle the CGI.

Probably none.

If they market it at the public, it will most likely fall short for die hard fans.
    If they market it at die hard fans, it will most likely fall short all around.

It cant compete with James Cameron for visual effects.
    It cant compete with award tailored dramatic pieces (like Lincoln for example).
    It cant compete with The Hobbit for the fantasy fiction genre.
    It cant compete with Marvel for box office openings.

It will most likely just be another movie that is released that is neither exceptional or awful.

Greatest amount of facepalms by fans of the source material during a showing.