Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I just dont see the appeal with a time travel xpac. Why go back in time? Whats done is done. Wont we change it all if we go back? Will all the stuff that happend between classic-MoP just be for no reason? Or do we need to go back in time and make sure it stays like that?

I dont know, it sounds like total chaos. Blizzard is making sure more people wont get into the lore if this is time travel. Talk about making a mess.

Also, orcs again? I swear, if I see Thrall or another orc playing a major part in the next xpac I will be greatly disapointed. Come on, give us something else than green jesus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I think the problem people are having with WoD, if it is the expansion, is that an expansion based around time travel is going to feel lackluster. Sure, it will be cool to see Grom and Gul'dan and Ner'zhul and all of those guys, but it's going to feel like Caverns of Time extended for an entire expansion. Personally I like time travel, but it's a dangerous line as it's very easy to just mess up everything you've built up, or go with the "Nothing you did mattered in the end" kind of scenario, which would piss people off.

Yeah.. Time travel is fun for some quests and dungeons. For a entire xpac? No way. Thats going to create a total chaos lorewise.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanskus View Post
    it's so surprising how a lot of people keep saying it's a hearthstone expansion , the game is still in beta...and concerning the portable devices in the trademark registry, it could be pretty much anything ,it could just as well be a new mobile armory
    Just because a game is unreleased it does not mean that future expansion's can't be revealed. While Battlefield 4 was in development all of its 5 future expansions were announced.

I realy like the name of new expation. I can wait to announce it to blizzcon.

I wonder how bad LFR got nerfed again since it doesn't give us a rough percentage of how much HP/DMG was reduced.

Would be funny if it's like a ~25% nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I think the problem people are having with WoD, if it is the expansion, is that an expansion based around time travel is going to feel lackluster. Sure, it will be cool to see Grom and Gul'dan and Ner'zhul and all of those guys, but it's going to feel like Caverns of Time extended for an entire expansion. Personally I like time travel, but it's a dangerous line as it's very easy to just mess up everything you've built up, or go with the "Nothing you did mattered in the end" kind of scenario, which would piss people off.
    That's my main concern. In a time-travel situation, the best outcome would be that the timeline goes on as normal. Which, when we return to the present, will feel like it didn't matter, since there'd be no difference between our adventure and the whole expansion simply not happening at all. Or the worse scenario, in which we end up altering major events. Which would cause retcons in the storyline, which in turn would be very frustrating that suddenly... say X character is now presented in a completely different light to the previous lore, or Y event now no longer happened. What would the consequences be? How would they be shown in-game? Or would it just be shrugged away and ignored? It's a very thin line, one too thin (in my opinion) to be the basis of an entire expansion. A dungeon or raid? Sure. We've had those before and it was both cool and interesting. But a whole expansion is an entirely different ball game to that. A single event is fine, it can easily be kept within the bounds of the story as we know it to have happened. An entire expansion on that concept would be far too difficult to keep in line with the rest of the story.

Deleted
    Also, when you check your game list. If you have Mists of Pandaria you get the 'upgrade available' icon over it.

And just to add some more speculation!
    And it is very interesting to listen to (it's not made by me)

Deleted
    Someone should make some list of the people that:

are 100% sure that it is / isn't WoW expansion
    are 100% sure WoW will die if it is a WoW expansion
    are 100% sure that it is / isn't Hearthstone expansion
    are 100% sure that Hearthstone can't have expansion packs announced before it comes out (you know, like Starcraft 2, a game that has actual storyline, did)
    are 100% sure that it is / isn't Mobile App
    are 100% sure that it is / isn't Mobile Pet Battles
    will quit if one of the above happens

Then, the list should be at the bottom of the newspost after it is actually revealed what it is...

I don't think WoD will involve time travel at all, or at least very little of it. I'm just glad all that speculation is now done with.

Let's just enjoy the rest of our week and wait until Friday to hear the news shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    so Zah and how could it be a WoW exp? is WoW now a tablet game?
    Did you actually read the trade mark, or just skip the whole paragraph to where it said Tablet PC on the very last line, moron

Anyways, we have this argument every year, blizz trade mark a name, most of us say its the next expac, people say no way in hell, turns out it is, and its going to be this time as well, --- Only exception was (maybe) the dark below? I keep seeing people post this but I was off wow for a month or so so didnt keep up with the mmo news feeds n that, so no idea what the deal with that was ---

Quote Originally Posted by Zannypants View Post
    Stop making LFR easier, good lord.
    Because wiping on LFR is extremely fun, right?

How can you even tell if that's Thrall? Just looks like random generic orc to me.
    Last edited by xinjun; 2013-11-05 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    The point of LFR is to be easy content that someone can jump into and get done.
    To the point where you merely faceroll, are required to pay no attention to mechanics beyond "get out of fire," and collect epics? Christ, what do you want, log in once a week and they mail you a box for each boss with a chance for loot? SoO is supposed to be difficult. AS it is, simple mechanics like "Dont DPS Nazgrim in Defensive" or "kite Haromm to clear ground" are what defeats an LFR party over and over and over. How about Blizzard just programs in a warning to flash across the screen "Defensive Stance, Stop hitting the boss or you'll wipe," in whatever language the player has selected as their primary?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    How can you even tell if that's Thrall? Just looks like random generic orc to me.
    because its the exact same picture they released of him back in cataclysm. varian has one as well

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nohssiwi View Post
    Also, when you check your game list. If you have Mists of Pandaria you get the 'upgrade available' icon over it.
    Mine doesn't have this icon, unless you mean for the PTR version of MoP, then it does.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zannypants View Post
    Stop making LFR easier, good lord.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    If anything LFR needs to be buffed
    OK, seriously. What is wrong with you people?!

Do you enjoy the 1h queues? Do you enjoy the multiple wipes and being stuck in LFR for hours on end? Are you people masochist or something?

No the people in LFR won't "learn". It a different group every time you enter, this isn't like raid guild where the whole guild slowly learns the encounter. Also the vast majority of people who do LFR don't have the patience to slowly learn from wipes, they just leave and never come back.

It is still a really weird title for a Wow expansion; it sounds much more like Hearthstone-related (representing new heroes or whatever). But we'll see

I just retrieved this last year post and it feels pretty accurate, don't you think?
    http: //dmreturns.wordpress.com/2012/10/05/the-return-to-outland-preview-wow/
    Last edited by biRg; 2013-11-05 at 01:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    OK, seriously. What is wrong with you people?!

Do you enjoy the 1h queues? Do you enjoy the multiple wipes and being stuck in LFR for hours on end? Are you people masochist or something?

No the people in LFR won't "learn". It a different group every time you enter, this isn't like raid guild where the whole guild slowly learns the encounter. Also the vast majority of people who do LFR don't have the patience to slowly learn from wipes, they just leave and never come back.
    I don't think they actually do random LFR, most people like that are the Normal (or early HC) raiders that feel over-entitled to dictate who can see what content...

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    because its the exact same picture they released of him back in cataclysm. varian has one as well
    Yeah I just figured that out XD derp.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun