Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas the Priest View Post
    To the point where you merely faceroll, are required to pay no attention to mechanics beyond "get out of fire," and collect epics? Christ, what do you want, log in once a week and they mail you a box for each boss with a chance for loot? SoO is supposed to be difficult. AS it is, simple mechanics like "Dont DPS Nazgrim in Defensive" or "kite Haromm to clear ground" are what defeats an LFR party over and over and over. How about Blizzard just programs in a warning to flash across the screen "Defensive Stance, Stop hitting the boss or you'll wipe," in whatever language the player has selected as their primary?
    GC stated it multiple times that a large chunk of people who do LFR do it exclusively and did not even raid prior implementation of LFR. LFR is there just for the casuals to see the new content, besides they're slowly trying to move people away from LFR to Flex raiding which is slightly more challenging. I don't know why you mad though, you have normal and heroic modes to enjoy.

On topic, devoting an entire expansion pack to time traveling would be a huge mistake.
    If we go back in time for an entire expansion we surely will have a huge impact on the current lore which means it would make little sense when we go back to the future and it'd require complete world and story revamp. If we do something and in the end they just back track then the entire expansion would be pointless.

I think the events will take place on the undiscovered parts of Draenor with some unaccounted for portals.

Hearthstone isn't even out yet, how can it have an expansion already?

My money's on WoW expansion or the long option-- Warcraft IV.

Deleted
    So tired of ppl saying "If this is the next expansion I will quit."

Seriously stfu and lets see what the expansion will be about.

After that you can start your whining. Now, silence plz.

"Hey team how should we update the Starcraft II banner?"
    "Uhh, move it up a little."
    "Fucking brilliant Jim."

Quote Originally Posted by DentIt View Post
    I think the events will take place on the undiscovered parts of Draenor with some unaccounted for portals.
    I believe that there were portals in Zangarmarsh, Blade's Edge and Nagrand?

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    I play WoW on a laptop
    Me too and mine plays wow on high at 80 fps+ lol.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Goodness, only 5% of players have downed Garrosh on any difficulty level, even LFR?

This tier is turning into a train wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Goodness, only 5% of players have downed Garrosh on any difficulty level, even LFR?

This tier is turning into a train wreck.
    Tried Garrosh on LFR for the first time yesterday. Whether I had a bad group or not, I don't know; but we were easily overwhelmed with each attempt by the add spawns. Good to see they're being nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Letssssss go BC looks and feel!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DentIt View Post
    GC stated it multiple times that a large chunk of people who do LFR do it exclusively and did not even raid prior implementation of LFR. LFR is there just for the casuals to see the new content, besides they're slowly trying to move people away from LFR to Flex raiding which is slightly more challenging. I don't know why you mad though, you have normal and heroic modes to enjoy.

On topic, devoting an entire expansion pack to time traveling would be a huge mistake.
    If we go back in time for an entire expansion we surely will have a huge impact on the current lore which means it would make little sense when we go back to the future and it'd require complete world and story revamp. If we do something and in the end they just back track then the entire expansion would be pointless.

Trademark 09 and 41 just like all the other WoW expansions have had. I am guessing the government had to edit a classification to 09 because of windows 8. So the mobile devices really do not mean anything its a WoW expansion.
    Last edited by Ceethemage; 2013-11-05 at 02:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0ogdann View Post
    Regarding the BNet Profile pictures, right clicking on any picture and then selecting view background image leads to this link/picture:

eu.battle.net/account/static/images/account/beta-opt-in.jpg

Where there is a 5th image of Arthas and a Marine. What do you think? Heroes of the Storm future Beta Opt-In maybe?
    I see, top to bottom:

Lich King/Marine
    Hearthstone
    Tyrael
    Kerrigan
    Thrall
    Lich King/Marine
    Hearthstone
    Tyrael
    Kerrigan
    Thrall

That's Tyrael, not Arthas.

EDIT: Oh, I see it. Arthas and the Marine are face-to-face. Edited for accuracy.
    Last edited by Lefeng; 2013-11-05 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by Noct View Post
    "Hey team how should we update the Starcraft II banner?"
    "Uhh, move it up a little."
    "Fucking brilliant Jim."
    I died...hahahaha

Deleted
    Actually it make sense to be HS expansion or booster pack or call it whatever you want, since HS is free game, they have something you have to pay for at the realising

at this point am sure WOD will be the next wow expansion, I just hope is not a time travel expansion, will be silly repeat all the history again maybe if its something before warcraft that we dont know might be good

Quote Originally Posted by Judas the Priest View Post
    To the point where you merely faceroll, are required to pay no attention to mechanics beyond "get out of fire," and collect epics? Christ, what do you want, log in once a week and they mail you a box for each boss with a chance for loot? SoO is supposed to be difficult. AS it is, simple mechanics like "Dont DPS Nazgrim in Defensive" or "kite Haromm to clear ground" are what defeats an LFR party over and over and over. How about Blizzard just programs in a warning to flash across the screen "Defensive Stance, Stop hitting the boss or you'll wipe," in whatever language the player has selected as their primary?
    Honestly, I have to agree, I see these nerfs as totally unnecessary, I run LFR every week, shortly I'll stop as I can't get any upgrades, but, I clear it all each week, first Garrosh kill took 6 wipes, second took 7-8 wipes, can't remember exactly, you know what? I was totally fine about wiping on Garrosh, I love that fight and I want an end boss to be challenging, even in LFR.

Wiping on Iron Jugg again and again and groups falling apart etc is ridiculous though, and it's all the people, not the game.

What screwed LFR over is a combination of Flex and Timeless Isle, Timeless Isle is amazing for gearing alts, but for gearing mains to straight 90 to SoO is totally wrong, and I hate, and will always hate, that LFR doesn't audit your character for missing gems and enchants. the armory has an audit on your character profile saying if a person has missing enchants, gems, belt buckle etc, implement that into LFR, fail the audit? You can't queue.

Back when I was in a top 100 guild, I spent days and days wiping on a single boss, man, 90% of the people would be in for a shock if they raided progression, I know it's not really an argument or the right context, but it's a funny thought.

On topic, so this basically confirms WoD, however, I do not believe it will be centred around Time Travel, it just doesn't work well, it ruins the feel of the game, I think they will have worked out something different, what exactly? I have no idea, but we will find out soon enough, so I'm ready to not judge it yet, tbh they could release an expansion that I hate the idea of, and I'll still buy it, and play it, and I'll only unsub when either, A: I get bored, B: Friends quit, I'm hoping for minimal time travel BS however.

Currently I'm loving MoP overall, it's far, far above Cata and I'd say just above Wotlk also.

Edit: Strange photo of Thrall, they have artwork that depicts Thralls current in-game look drawn/painted, don't know why they don't use that as Thrall looks nothing like that, I don't think he was ever supposed too.
    Last edited by Toiran; 2013-11-05 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimi View Post
    at this point am sure WOD will be the next wow expansion, I just hope is not a time travel expansion, will be silly repeat all the history again maybe if its something before warcraft that we dont know might be good
    It is likely a time based expansion, but I am thinking alternate timeline appose to past events, which means it could be an alternate future appose to just the past.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

So LFR, Very Nerf, Many Noob

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It is likely a time based expansion, but I am thinking alternate timeline appose to past events, which means it could be an alternate future appose to just the past.
    no. alternative ANYTHING would be a waste of an expansion.
    Time travel is likely to play a part but i VERY much doubt it'll be the focus of the expansion. i think we can expect caverns of time to come back for a dungeon or raid though.

Why does everyone think it is a Hearthstone xpac when the game is still in beta?

Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    I was totally fine about wiping on Garrosh, I love that fight and I want an end boss to be challenging, even in LFR.
    But isn't it getting less and less challenging every time you wipe because of the determination buff? It's not that your group was learning and getting better until you beat the encounter (ie, really accomplished something), it's just the game buffed you until it was idiot-proof. So all they're doing is cutting out the first say, 5 wipes with these nerfs.

These teasers about the expansion are making me really excited for Blizzcon!