Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ...
12
20
21
22
23
24
... LastLast
  1. #421
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    are those the same people or different people saying those different comments?
    refering to people in general the past XX years on these forums.

  2. #422
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Why does it have to be hinted as a "theme for an expansion"?

    Hell, how does something get hinted as a theme for an expansion? Naxxramas came at the end of vanilla but the expansion that followed was The Burning Crusade. And there was Deathwing related content in vanilla, TBC and Wrath.

    But your question is easily answered thusly: We had time travel dungeons and a raid in TBC. We had another time travel dungeon in Wrath. The conclusion to Cataclysm centered around time travel. Mists of Pandaria had islands with time anomalies occurring.
    Because people complained that "MoP" was random, when in fact this is more random than MoP. I knew we would get pandas at one point, I didn't think we would get an expansion that revolves around going to the past.

    More people will complain about this on Friday I guarantee

  3. #423
    It is all speculation until Blizzcon or an undeniable leak comes out. So far the latter hasn't happened and the first is fast approaching. Mousepad or no, doesn't matter. Tablet PC or no. Everything can be explained either way. With the mobile app, and with W8 having apps; they maybe be working on being all inclusive for branding purposes; and aren't iPads and the like considered tablets?

    People think they know what can be good or not. All of it -can- be good; it comes down to implementation. Mists wasn't bad at all; a lot of people couldn't get past their own bias to see the game for what it was. I didn't quit because pAndA1!; I left for a lot of reasons; but feel Mists was a huge step in the right direction over what they allowed to happen to Cata, which could've been much, much better.

    Time travel can work, if done well. The only real misstep would be Horde focus; but that is more of a smaller vocal set that would have a real issue with this (like the ones who visit forums like this; I'd say on par with the numbers of anti-flying or pro-low level ganking). Even IF it focused on orcs to some extent, it doesn't make it horde focused. Just like when Thrall left the horde, that means it wasn't horde focused; just as LK being Arthas, Fordring a major protagonist, Bolvar taking over as LK; none of that made it Alliance focused, same with Illidan in BC or many other things that if someone wanted to really be silly could argue for Alliance bias. People will see what they want; and if they will easily find what they are looking for and not see anything that counters that opinion when they get obsessed enough to put the hate-blinders on.

    Stop. Enjoy the game. Can't do that? Take a break, come back and enjoy the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    Wouldn't it suck if they got the trademark and then some jag-off decided to make a Warlords of Draenor free to play app a month later?

    That's exactly why it has the mobile phone and tablet PC clause. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, guys.
    jag-off? Sounds like some competition on Top Gear where they buy 3 used vehicles for under a certain price point. Link to the episode? Is it in the new season?

    and on the cigar part; Carlin said it best; “...Sigmund Freud said ‘Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.’ Oh, yeah? Well, sometimes it’s a big, brown dick, with a fat, arrogant, white-collar business criminal asshole sucking on the wet end of it.”


    What would be hilarious if this is related to Hearthstone and Dark Below ... or something else entirely ended up being the expansion. So many have latched onto this. It very well could be WoD ... but I can see the haters calling it a WoD of shit >_> Either way, I think they've learned from the past and no matter what the xpac ends up being, it will be decent at worst, and pretty damn good with a steady content release cycle otherwise. Sounds a bit positive of a slant, but I respect the game and what it does, even if I personally am unsubbed because it doesn't fill my gaming needs any longer.

  4. #424
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    it's funny cause it's true, but of course what the community is really saying is:
    "we wish history had never happened, we don't want any change from or additions to that which in particular we loved, and certainly revisiting old lore will necessarily require changing or adding to it."
    No, it's called nostalgia. Look it up.

  5. #425
    Herald of the Titans Bathory's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,674
    It has always been legit, whether or not it's the next xpac is the question.
    You now stand before the Countess.
    A story of Firsts from around the world:
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com/

  6. #426
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Guy View Post
    Because people complained that "MoP" was random, when in fact this is more random than MoP. I knew we would get pandas at one point, I didn't think we would get an expansion that revolves around going to the past.

    More people will complain about this on Friday I guarantee
    Ignores response. Continues bitching.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  7. #427
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    No, it's called nostalgia. Look it up.
    it amounts to the same thing, 'we loved something in the past but we will not tolerate reincorporating it back into the present because to do so would either a) confront us with the that fact that what we loved in the past was not as good as we remembered it, or b) the method of its incorporation will be altered from our memory, and both options are intolerable to us.'
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-11-05 at 06:07 PM.
    .


    When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

  8. #428
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    This is what I hope to see! This is how I could go from disliking it to loving it. No 'time-traveling to the past' shit, no milking old, dead and fan-favorite characters. I want to go to the real Draenor. I want it to be the real, mostly intact planet, with a chunk missing, which is the chunk we call 'Outland'.


    Something like: [


    Glad someone else has the same thought! /salute
    I think that idea is great, and I too hope it would go this way; but I wouldn't hold my breath. It is the best idea for going back; but I don't see it happening tbh. I think it could work, since isn't Outland about the size of one of the vanilla continents? It would be like one continent being blown off the planet; and if we assume they are similar size, that leave a vast amount of land left, just as there is a large percentage of Azeroth yet unexplored.

  9. #429
    I'm hoping for a Burning Crusade expansion, but I'm still in doubt.
    The trademark doesn't mention anything about manuals, which usually follow with WoW expansions.
    Sooooooo
    Cálás EU Earthen Ring
    <Horde of the Night>

  10. #430
    If the time traveling thing is not true, then I can easily accept it, if it is a Legion-based storyline, because we'd still be progressing instead of going backwards or stagnating. We could fight Kil'Jaeden there. Etcetera.



    And the huge annoyance is also that time traveling is really, really unnecessary, when we know and realize that there is enough of Draenor left, floating (in the form of a planet with a chunk the shape of Outland out of it) around in the Nether that they could use. There is just no need to use time-travel to go back to Draenor. There is enough material left for us to go to non-Outland, true Draenor.





    Another pic.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  11. #431
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    24,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    This is what I hope to see! This is how I could go from disliking it to loving it. No 'time-traveling to the past' shit, no milking old, dead and fan-favorite characters. I want to go to the real Draenor. I want it to be the real, mostly intact planet, with a chunk missing, which is the chunk we call 'Outland'.


    Something like:


    Glad someone else has the same thought! /salute
    And my nighmares continue. God damn you Yarathir


    <--Has a big fear of space!
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

  12. #432
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    And my nighmares continue. God damn you Yarathir


    <--Has a big fear of space!

    <Thrall voice> Sorry, friend. I did not intend to scare you.



    EDIT: Oh man, the 'true space age' (if you and I experience it) will really suck for you, in that case.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  13. #433
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Guy View Post
    Exactly

    But defend the game to it's death people, it might come sooner than you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Ignores response. Continues bitching.
    No I did not.

    If you don't know what specifically hinted at different expansions, look it up.
    Everything you need is on the Internet

    To prove I know the hints I'll tell you one. In TBC Sinestra revealed deathwimg was still alive and planning something. Two expansions later, boom.

    Hints follow 2 expansions cycle, or apparently did.

  14. #434
    Wooooooooooooooooooo. This expansion title sounds so epic

  15. #435
    Herald of the Titans zephid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    So maybe this'll quiet down all the naysayers saying it's just a fake to throw us off. However I know people won't be satisfied til blizzcon.
    I guess the question is still if it's the next WoW expansion or if it has something to do with Hearthstone. There are certain things that might indicate that it's connected to HS and not WoW. If you take a look at the trademark you'll notice that it doesn't say anything about game manuals etc. Which all the previous trademarks for WoW did. It also mentions "software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs" which fits HS a lot better than WoW.

  16. #436
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Guy View Post
    Hints follow 2 expansions cycle, or apparently did.
    Then the conclusion to Cataclysm was your hint for the possibility of the expansion following Mists of Pandaria having time travel.

    Cool. You just pulled a rule out of your ass and it didn't matter because there has been more than enough time travel in WoW.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  17. #437
    Stood in the Fire Envojus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonteh View Post
    I suspect another Horde heavy storyline. Great, just what we needed.
    What.... The.... Hell... Seriously, every time I hear this, I start having my suspicions that this is an on-going WoW Meme similar to Half Life 3 confirmed! Seriously... Are Alliance players that insecure or something?

    Does every single alliance player has some secret desire of being the noble and proud defender of justice who fight the evil orcs... Isn't that what you want? Or do you want an expansion called "The Admirals of Kul'Tiras"? Seriously, there is a BIG chance that Alleria and Turalyon will finally appear. Sheesh.

  18. #438
    High Overlord keylime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    187
    It worked for Marty McFly in Back the Future

    damn I can't delete. I meant to quote someone but it didn't work.
    Last edited by keylime; 2013-11-05 at 06:15 PM.

  19. #439
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Then the conclusion to Cataclysm was your hint for the possibility of the expansion following Mists of Pandaria having time travel.

    Cool. You just pulled a rule out of your ass and it didn't matter because there has been more than enough time travel in WoW.
    No cataclysm did not hint at time travel as the theme. They did not say at anytime we might have to go back and change things.

    Azshara and N'Zoth where hinted at. With your thought process if anything is in 2 expansions before, it could be a expansion canidate

  20. #440
    Looking more and more legit but we will have to wait and see. All i know is come blizzcon aslong as its not the dark below i have someone who was VERY smug and talked about how he would rub it in our faces we were wrong i need to PM and return the favor .

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uxn3RoqTOQ

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •