Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Now, if they are willing to go with what I mentioned before, which was going to Draenor (in the present), with it being a planet with a chunk (current 'Outland') missing from it, where we fight the Burning Legion further and eventually defeat Kil'Jaeden, I'll love it.

However, if they go with the time-traveling idea, I'll still hate it. So.. it's quite the wait for me now. Either I get an expansion I hate (time traveling), love, or an expansion no-one expects and one I could still love/hate.
    Even if it's going to be about time-travelling then don't lose all hope, you should have seen my face and reaction after Blizzcon '11, man nothing seemed to work about MoP at that point. 2 years later, and it's my favorite expansion this game has had. Sometimes it takes even as long as getting to play the expansion to warm up to it, in my case it took until launch before I began appreciating it, not even the Beta did it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Even if it's going to be about time-travelling then don't lose all hope, you should have seen my face and reaction after Blizzcon '11, man nothing seemed to work about MoP at that point. 2 years later, and it's my favorite expansion this game has had. Sometimes it takes even as long as getting to play the expansion to warm up to it, in my case it took until launch before I began appreciating it, not even the Beta did it for me.

I wish I had your optimism. Sorry, but I don't really think I can be as positive. I would hate everything about time-traveling, while I was relatively positive once I found out that Mists of Pandaria was true.

Thanks for the effort, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    We still don't know that.
    Yes we do

"At last it has come to pass. The moment of my demise. The loop is closed. My future self will cause no more harm. Still, in time, I will... fall to madness. And you, heroes... will vanquish me. The cycle will repeat. So it goes. What matters is that Azeroth did not fall; that we survived to fight another day. All that matters... is this moment."

After beating murzond in end time dungeon

Quote Originally Posted by Sensui06 View Post
    If you look at the front page the banners for the beta options the WoW one went from a MoP one to Thrall. Not saying its anything major but it could be a subtle hint and to deny it is trying to stick ones head in the sand.
    You go from "could be" to "denying it is trying to stick ones head in the sand" in the span of a single sentence. Not even a comma or anything in there. You do see the difference between those two statements right? "I'm not saying it's anything important, but it's the MOST IMPORTanT THING EVAR."

Maybe they just switched the banner over to a generic WoW image. Thrall is prolly the most ubiquitous character in the catalog that isn't inherently tied to a specific expansion. If they used Illidan all the fanboys would be like, "OMG LEGION CONFIRMED ILLIDAN DEMONHUNTERS OMGZ!!1!". Same if they used Arthas, Chen, or even someone like Malfurion (EMERALD DREEMZOMGTOLDYOUSOLOL!). Thrall is the only really "neutral" option they could use that woudln't trigger mountains of rampant speculation.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

I'm a little meh about it all, though in all seriousness if Turalyon and Alleria do return then they had better not end up suffering the fate of neutrality.
    In other words if horde players want access to alliance npcs then they should roll alliance character, just saying.
    Oh and for the love of all that is holy no more Thrall ffs, its seriously getting boring seeing him pop up =/
    Hopefully the Dranei should get some well deserved lore.

If it helps at all, part of the WoD trademark is throwing me off some.

Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing on-line non-downloadable computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; providing online news and information in the field of computer games
    Every expansion since... I think Cata? Maybe even Wrath, has had a digital download option. Plus, wouldn't patches be considered part of the downloaded expansion? When has there ever been an expansion that allowed no downloads?

I'm confused here. WoD is the only trademark that has ever included the non-downloadable part. I'm not so sure about WoD being the expansion anymore. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Maybe they just switched the banner over to a generic WoW image. Thrall is prolly the most ubiquitous character in the catalog that isn't inherently tied to a specific expansion. If they used Illidan all the fanboys would be like, "OMG LEGION CONFIRMED ILLIDAN DEMONHUNTERS OMGZ!!1!". Same if they used Arthas, Chen, or even someone like Malfurion (EMERALD DREEMZOMGTOLDYOUSOLOL!). Thrall is the only really "neutral" option they could use that woudln't trigger mountains of rampant speculation.
    Exactly.Even at the Blizzcon itself,the banners outside the building include Thrall,and Diablo (not Mal.....eeeh...maly...the villain from The Reaper of Souls)
    This profile doesn't have a signature.

We still don't know that.
    Nozdormu himself says it in End Time, Charge of the Aspects, Thrall book and Dawn of the aspects.
    Last edited by Therougetitan; 2013-11-05 at 06:46 PM.

Warlords of Draenor also just might be a Warcraft RTS :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shil3n View Post
    Time travel combined with more orcs, more Garrosh, more Outlands, more Deathwing, if other leak threads are to be believed. How on earth could this bring WoW back to its peak subscription numbers is beyond my imagination.
    I keep seeing the same things, and thinking, "this can't possibly be true". But then I look at how Cata went, and how I thought the same thing about MoP... Ah well, it's not like I have to play if this actually happens. I'd like a WoW I enjoy, but I'm equally happy spending my gaming time and dollars elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    It also has a similar naming convention as Heroes of the Storm

Heroes of the Storm
    Warlords of Draenor
    [Group] of [Location/Event]

The Burning Crusade
    Wrath of the Lich King
    Cataclysm
    Mists of Pandaria
    The Dark Below (Fake or not)

None of those follow that type of naming convention. MoP comes close, but 'Mists' is not a group of people, it's just, well, mists.

I expect WoD to be related to HotS. And I base that entirely off what I said, admittedly pulled out of my ass. So we'll all see in a few days.
    [Group/Thing] of [Location]

Look! I figured it out! It's the next expansion!

Uh sorry no, no, and no. Wow is the center of the universe for Blizz now. They aren't going to unveal a new RTS at this crucial moment. They slacked and made some wrong choices with wow. This is their retribution. They give the majority of the fans exactly what they want, and aside from speculation. All we really know that is almost guaranteed at this point is the title.

Aslong as them fucks dont give us a timetravel expansion. Not even messing with you, I'd flip out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Guy View Post
    Yes we do

"At last it has come to pass. The moment of my demise. The loop is closed. My future self will cause no more harm. Still, in time, I will... fall to madness. And you, heroes... will vanquish me. The cycle will repeat. So it goes. What matters is that Azeroth did not fall; that we survived to fight another day. All that matters... is this moment."

After beating murzond in end time dungeon
    I was obviously referring to the second part of what you said.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    If it helps at all, part of the WoD trademark is throwing me off some.

Every expansion since... I think Cata? Maybe even Wrath, has had a digital download option. Plus, wouldn't patches be considered part of the downloaded expansion? When has there ever been an expansion that allowed no downloads?

I'm confused here. WoD is the only trademark that has ever included the non-downloadable part. I'm not so sure about WoD being the expansion anymore. :/
    They're covering all bases. If you look directly before that, it basically just says providing on-line computer games, which could include all the downloadable assets. By adding the non-downloadable part, they may be accounting for the servers (global network). Just a guess though.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    They're covering all bases. If you look directly before that, it basically just says providing on-line computer games, which could include all the downloadable assets. By adding the non-downloadable part, they may be accounting for the servers (global network). Just a guess though.
    But then why was that not included in the other trademarks? Starcraft's new expansion, Heroes of the Storm, Reaper of Souls, etc. all have servers to take care of as well. The fact that it popped up in this trademark, and this trademark ONLY is what concerns me.

I was obviously referring to the second part of what you said.
    Obviously not

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Uh sorry no, no, and no. Wow is the center of the universe for Blizz now. They aren't going to unveal a new RTS at this crucial moment. They slacked and made some wrong choices with wow. This is their retribution. They give the majority of the fans exactly what they want, and aside from speculation. All we really know that is almost guaranteed at this point is the title.
    We don't even know that. Sure, it's a legitimate mark, but is it WoW? It could be a map pack for their DotA clone, for all we know.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

just on the subject of time travel in WoW

in the past, whenever we have traveled in time it was either:

a) to prevent the timeline from being altered and ensuring history occured just as it did, thereby justifying lore, not breaking lore
    or
    b) to obtain objects from the past, which had canonically disappeared from history at the moment we 'borrowed them' anyway, there justifying lore, not breaking lore.

May i ask what justification anyone has to assume that if we were to time travel again it would be alter history (which we have never done) instead of to prevent history from being altered (which is what we have always done before)?

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    We don't even know that. Sure, it's a legitimate mark, but is it WoW? It could be a map pack for their DotA clone, for all we know.
    Wouldn't a Map pack be considered a downloadable electrionic thingie? It's not marked on there :/
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple