Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaxas View Post
    Just throwing this out there but "Heroes of the Storm" sounds like a legitimate alliance counter to the horde's "Warlords of Draenor". Could it be possible that we see something different? A system allowing for a different storyline and expansion package for each faction? It would allow them to make double cash off a large chunk of the playerbase and might even add a little more horde vs alliance view to the game that it has so badly been missing since WotLK. Think Pokemon Gold and Silver with WoW :P. Just an idea.
    Heroes of the Storm is already confirmed to be the new name of Blizzard All Stars...

Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    The timeline and focus of what 'Warlords of Draenor' is about, would heavily indicate to me Warcraft 4. I just don't see them doing 'Garrosh time travels into the past and we relive the events of the 2nd war' in WoW, it sounds so dumb compared to all the already laid framework for something like a south seas/dark below expansion.

TLR
    probably Warcraft 4. too silly of a storyline to fit into WoW's current story.

If I'm wrong, probably going to quit tbh. The Lore/storyline in WoW is very important to my enjoyment of the game, a rehashed outlands with redone bosses/characters who we've already seen before in the main story would so ridiculously boring to me.
    Seriously? We know nothing concrete except for the name. What makes you think they are going to do a Cataclysm 2.0 with bosses/characters we've already seen?

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Yes please. However if Blizzard is going to milk it, and have a 10 year lead-up to it, where every 2 years we get some diversionary xpac to "build up" the necessary plot points to appease the raging lore nerds "OMG WTF KIL'JAEDEN WILL GO SUPER SAIYAN AND KILL US ALL IF WE TRY TO FIGHT HIM AT FULL POWER." I'm not going to stick around.

I'm 30 years old now. Don't have time for that crap.
    Wow doesn't have 10 years. Probably 3 or 4 at most until subs decline to a level they'll leave the game on skeleton crew.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    what does 'immersion' mean?

you throw the word around like some sort of talisman but it seems like an empty nominalization of 'what i like' versus 'what i don't like' or perhaps 'what disbelief i am willing to suspend' versus 'what disbelief i am unwilling to suspend'

both of which seem rather arbitrary and personal.
    You're painting a broad stroke on what I said. I hardly ever use the word immerse in my posts and it has nothing to do with "what I like" and "What I don't like." So please kindly don't try and make blanket statments and or doing broad strokes.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people mixing the totally obvious fake chinese leak with the legit trademark ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Why are people mixing the totally obvious fake chinese leak with the legit trademark ?
    Because it fits the original WoD leak in a lot of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Too many "leaks" in too short a time.

Stuff in the Chinese riddle "leak" matches up pretty well with the "leaks" that say that Warlords of Draenor is a time travel expansion about Garrosh escaping into the past (the stuff about fathers and sons [DW-wrathion, thrall-durotan, grom-garrosh], the stuff about a D(raenor) and G(arrosh) the stuff about DW coming back [he had a lair on draenor in the past], stuff about a city becoming a raid [Shat] and a raid becoming a city [BT])

"Garrosh escapes... INTO THE PAST!!!!" still seems to be an awfully silly main expansion plot to me, and nothing is really close to confirmed besides the TM being very likely real. But eh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlords of Draenor, the only possible thing it could relate to in current lore, is the conflict on Draenor before the Burning Legion found the orcs, or during the time they did. If we are visiting that time in WoW through time travel/'alternate reality', with Garrosh/deathwing having the possibilities of being main characters again, they can rehash everything from currently existing lore/content, which would be incredibly boring as an expansion concept and completely ruin the existing lore.

If it's not based on current lore, and is some undiscovered new part of Draenor that's floated off into space with a bunch of orcs on it, that's equally as boring.
    Last edited by Riven; 2013-11-05 at 03:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlords of Draenor, the only possible thing it could relate to in current lore, is the conflict on Draenor before the Burning Legion found the orcs, or during the time they did. If we are visiting that time in WoW through time travel/'alternate reality', they can rehash everything from currently existing lore, which woul be incredibly boring as an expansion concept and completely ruin the existing lore.

If it's not based on current lore, and is some undiscovered new part of Draenor that's floated off into space with a bunch of orcs on it, that's equally as boring.
    With no context, yeah it would be *boring*.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Warlords of Draenor, the only possible thing it could relate to in current lore, is the conflict on Draenor before the Burning Legion found the orcs, or during the time they did. If we are visiting that time in WoW through time travel/'alternate reality', they can rehash everything from currently existing lore, which woul be incredibly boring as an expansion concept and completely ruin the existing lore.

There are a lot of other things that could be possible.

It could be an Argus expansion, with a revamped Outland, where the Legion is laying siege to "Draenor" via giant portals connecting directly to Argus. Where the "warlords" of Draenor, are characters like Rexxar, Akama, Turalyon and Alleria (who manage to return to Outland from Argus), leading seperate parts of the defense against the Legion's assault in the revamped 60-70, and then leading the counter-assault on Argus. 90-100.

This way it would be the Warlords of Draenor who are fighting against the Burning Legion on Argus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    Wow doesn't have 10 years. Probably 3 or 4 at most until subs decline to a level they'll leave the game on skeleton crew.
    World of Warcraft is operating at a subscription number that has FAR EXCEEDED everquests sub levels even during its highest peak. Everquest is still in existence and is still sub-based.

So, saying WoW will somehow disappear overnight (which, when you consider the life cycles of even decently popular MMO's, is easily 5+ years) is pretty ignorant of the facts that actually do exist -- rather than uninformed opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Turalyon is coming back. Finally. Please God, let him come back. Been waiting since the mid 90's for a resolution to Turalyon's story. Couldn't be more excited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reason it would be boring? Is because there is absolutely no lead up to it anywhere in lore, except for Alleria and Turalyon (both of whom are pretty overhyped at this stage, and an entire expansion about them wouldn't go very far) if you're talking strictly draenor, not burning legion/argus. Meanwhile there is SOOO many more stories left untold on Azeroth that have TONS of existing lore or theories about them that it's dumb to ignore them all.

It could be interesting, but the high potential of reused content from TBC and all kinds of lame returns from characters that are already overdone gives me a pretty bad feeling about it, especially when it makes much more sense as Warcraft 4, for example.
    Last edited by Riven; 2013-11-05 at 04:07 PM.

The timeline and focus of what 'Warlords of Draenor' is about, would heavily indicate to me Warcraft 4. I just don't see them doing 'Garrosh time travels into the past and we relive the events prior to the first opening of the Dark Portal' in WoW, it sounds so dumb compared to all the already laid framework for something like a south seas/dark below expansion. Not to mention it would fit pretty well with where Warcraft 3 left off, or even the alternate timeline to it.

TL : DR
    probably Warcraft 4. too silly of a storyline to fit into WoW's current story and what should happen next.

If I'm wrong, probably going to quit tbh. The Lore/storyline in WoW is very important to my enjoyment of the game, a rehashed outlands with redone bosses/characters who we've already seen before in the main story would so ridiculously boring to me, that I'd probably just stop playing. At least Pandaria was new, I particularly loved the idea of the Sha and the whole theme of the expansion was very different, but worked well with existing lore.
    Very, very well said. Sums up my thoughts exactly.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuglz View Post
    Still do not think it is for WoW. The Dark Below.. I still believe!!
    Don't Stop Believing !!
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You're painting a broad stroke on what I said. I hardly ever use the word immerse in my posts and it has nothing to do with "what I like" and "What I don't like." So please kindly don't try and make blanket statments and or doing broad strokes.
    I am only using a broad stroke as hypothetical answer to my question which my post is inviting you to refute specifically.
    it's perfectely valid for me to offer a hypothesis to answer a question which cannot answer for myself you need to answer it.

what do you actually mean by 'immersion'?

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Dmz390 View Post
    Why is this a surprise to so many people (yes I know it was sarcasm on your part but it's an opening)? The two factions are icons they represent the opposite sides of ourselves. Alliance represents the bland, staid, corporate mentality so many people possess and the Horde represent the free thinking, anarchic, truth seeking minority among us. That's why overall more people gravitate to Alliance than horde. More sheep and shepherds than there are wanderers. But all the sheep and shepherds want to be wanderers deep down inside they just can't swallow hard and go for it.

The Horde IS World of Warcraft. Has been from the beginning, will be at the end.
    Just in case anyone wondered why Horde players have a rep as obnoxious neckbeard dipshits.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-11-05 at 04:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do believe WoD is the actual title of the exp but the chinese leak sounds utter BS:
    - Time travel again?? really?
    - The holy legend that is Grom trashed in a moronic plot ??? Not even Metzen would dare defile that

10+ Year Old Account
    Never thought it was a fake, i just don't think it'll be a WoW expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I am only using a broad stroke as a hypothetical answer to my initial question, which my post is inviting you to answer specifically.

it's perfectely valid for me to offer a hypothesis as a proposed answer a question which i cannot answer for myself; but in fact you need to answer it because only you can.

what do you actually mean by 'immersion'?

- - - Updated - - -

Warlords of Draenor, the only possible thing it could relate to in current lore, is the conflict on Draenor before the Burning Legion found the orcs, or during the time they did. If we are visiting that time in WoW through time travel/'alternate reality', with Garrosh/deathwing having the possibilities of being main characters again, they can rehash everything from currently existing lore/content, which would be incredibly boring as an expansion concept and completely ruin the existing lore.

only boring people are bored.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
    Just in case anyone wondered why Horde players have a rep as obnoxious neckbeard dipshits.
    Oh my. I am an obnoxious neckbeard!! Oh no!!!