Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    But then why was that not included in the other trademarks? Starcraft's new expansion, Heroes of the Storm, Reaper of Souls, etc. all have servers to take care of as well. The fact that it popped up in this trademark, and this trademark ONLY is what concerns me.
    No it's only in Heroes & Warlords.
    I'm neither Pro or Anti Flying, I just have a different opinion on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    just on the subject of time travel in WoW

in the past, whenever we have traveled in time it was either:

a) to prevent the timeline from being altered and ensuring history occured just as it did, thereby justifying lore, not breaking lore
    or
    b) to obtain objects from the past, which had canonically disappeared from history at the moment we 'borrowed them' anyway, there justifying lore, not breaking lore.

May i ask what justification anyone has to assume that if we were to time travel again it would be alter history (which we have never done) instead of to prevent history from being altered (which is what we have always done before)?
    Because those who had formerly watched over history and ensured it occurred exactly as it should are no longer the timekeepers. At best, they see random glimpses of the past now.

We can no longer ensure everything happens exactly as it did before it was influenced. If Baby Garrosh were to find his way back, he could for all intent's purpose, become his own grandfather because no one would know it wasn't supposed to happen. (And, in turn, it becomes what was supposed to happen.)

So it creates a situation. Either:

a) The timeline was always meant to allow for this to happen, and the lore doesn't change. We just get involved, as the timeline was always supposed to allow.
    or
    b) The timeline gets fucked up, which is what the Bronze Dragonflight tried to prevent, but can no longer force themselves to travel to the right time to ensure they can fix it.

just on the subject of time travel in WoW

in the past, whenever we have traveled in time it was either:

a) to prevent the timeline from being altered and ensuring history occured just as it did, thereby justifying lore, not breaking lore
    or
    b) to obtain objects from the past, which had canonically disappeared from history at the moment we 'borrowed them' anyway, there justifying lore, not breaking lore.

May i ask what justification anyone has to assume that if we were to time travel again it would be alter history (which we have never done) instead of to prevent history from being altered (which is what we have always done before)?
    Predictable boring expansion that means nothing next expansion if we preserve the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Wouldn't a Map pack be considered a downloadable electrionic thingie? It's not marked on there :/
    Usually map packs don't get a trademark.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    So if it is HotS related, what is it? An expansion pack? Because Gamemodes/Maps/Characters don't get trademarks.
    Human Female Gladiator (DPS Prot) Warrior. Wyrmrest Accord - US.

"You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

Better version of my avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    http://www.blizzplanet.com/wp-conten...mark-in-us.jpg

It does not include the non-downloadable part of the trademark that Warlords does.

Because those who had formerly watched over history and ensured it occurred exactly as it should are no longer the timekeepers. At best, they see random glimpses of the past now.

We can no longer ensure everything happens exactly as it did before it was influenced. If Baby Garrosh were to find his way back, he could for all intent's purpose, become his own grandfather because no one would know it wasn't supposed to happen. (And, in turn, it becomes what was supposed to happen.)

So it creates a situation. Either:

a) The timeline was always meant to allow for this to happen, and the lore doesn't change. We just get involved, as the timeline was always supposed to allow.
    or
    b) The timeline gets fucked up, which is what the Bronze Dragonflight tried to prevent, but can no longer force themselves to travel to the right time to ensure they can fix it.
    Let's ignore Garrosh. He's not going to be the villain of 2 expansions in a row and the main character of 3 in a row.

The only likely time plot would be one involving Wrathion. And what possible reason would Wrathion have to go back and screw with the Horde?

"You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Let's ignore Garrosh. He's not going to be the villain of 2 expansions in a row and the main character of 3 in a row.

The only likely time plot would be one involving Wrathion. And what possible reason would Wrathion have to go back and screw with the Horde?
    To ensure the Horde never arrives on Azeroth, so the Alliance rules it on their own against the darkness as he had planned originally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    We don't even know that. Sure, it's a legitimate mark, but is it WoW? It could be a map pack for their DotA clone, for all we know.
    What else could it be? To me Its clearly not Hearthstone or Warcraft(rts). So it has Draenor in the title which means its in the wow universe.

The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Usually map packs don't get a trademark.
    Maybe not but the whole trademark not marked for downloadable electronic or whataever tells me it's not a mapack either.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

To ensure the Horde never arrives on Azeroth, so the Alliance rules it on their own against the darkness as he had planned originally.
    I'd like to think Wrathion hasn't gone entirely coo coo. Since the Bronzes have pretty much said the Orcs must come to Azeroth for the planet to survive past WC3.

Also, though a neat theory, it doesn't explain why the "leak" called Grom a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Guy View Post
    Predictable boring expansion that means nothing next expansion if we preserve the timeline.
    or
    it could be like the the first Back to the Future movie and be freaking awesome and hilarious and wonderful

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    This is the WoW collectors edition - no mousepad...

So maybe they include a map this time and no mousepad, if we explore Argus a map would be nice.
    Just saying, it would stupid of them if they didn't include a Mousepad in the Collector's Edition every expansion has had one.

TBC Collector's Edition - Outland Map

WotLK Collector's Edition - Northrend Map

Cata Collector's Edition - Deathwing

MoP Collector's Edition - Chen Stormstout
    I'm neither Pro or Anti Flying, I just have a different opinion on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'd like to think Wrathion hasn't gone entirely coo coo. Since the Bronzes have pretty much said the Orcs must come to Azeroth for the planet to survive past WC3.

Also, though a neat theory, it doesn't explain why the "leak" called Grom a villain.
    I haven't seen a single fully confirmed leak yet, so I'm not about to go basing my speculation on 'leaks' that aren't necessarily real.

the whole naming conventions argument is dead on arrival
    don't get caught up in refuting it, because no pattern can be discerned in a data set as small as 3 or 4 examples.
    that's just form of apophenia
    "Hi. My name's Jill and these are my four sons: James, John, Robert and Cheeseburger."
    "Wait, that last one doesn't follow the pattern."
    "Oh you and your Apophenia."
    Praise the Quest Writers for they give life to otherwise boring expansions.

idk about you guys but honestly i'll take anything that isn't pandas.

I don't think the trademark issue is of the concern anymore really. We all know WoD has been trademarked. The question is whether it's for WOW or not which is still not confirmed, not even after this.

Applied for trademark.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    "Hi. My name's Jill and these are my four sons: James, John, Robert and Cheeseburger."
    "Wait, that last one doesn't follow the pattern."
    "Oh you and your Apophenia."

haha, it's funny because it's a false and exaggerated comparison. and it's also not strictly speaking outside the realm of reality anyway.

((by the way the odd name in that sequence is Robert since James, John and Cheeseburger all start with lingual-coronal affricates and Robert starts with a lateral lingual approximant)).
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-11-05 at 07:53 PM.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I feel the same lol

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I'd rather have a second pandaren-centric expansion than a time-travel centered one.
    Since 9/11 the NSA has spent at least $70,000,000,000 while lying about their own effectiveness. Even if we sweep aside the extensive lawbreaking, ethical problems, economic damage, and abuse of power, the fact remains that the NSA makes us all less secure, running useless mass surveillance, with a handful of successes in other questionably legal programs.