Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
15
23
24
25
26
LastLast
  1. #481
    Elemental Lord Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    But then why was that not included in the other trademarks? Starcraft's new expansion, Heroes of the Storm, Reaper of Souls, etc. all have servers to take care of as well. The fact that it popped up in this trademark, and this trademark ONLY is what concerns me.
    No it's only in Heroes & Warlords.
    I'm neither Pro or Anti Flying, I just have a different opinion on the matter.

  2. #482
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    just on the subject of time travel in WoW

    in the past, whenever we have traveled in time it was either:

    a) to prevent the timeline from being altered and ensuring history occured just as it did, thereby justifying lore, not breaking lore
    or
    b) to obtain objects from the past, which had canonically disappeared from history at the moment we 'borrowed them' anyway, there justifying lore, not breaking lore.

    _________________
    May i ask what justification anyone has to assume that if we were to time travel again it would be alter history (which we have never done) instead of to prevent history from being altered (which is what we have always done before)?
    Because those who had formerly watched over history and ensured it occurred exactly as it should are no longer the timekeepers. At best, they see random glimpses of the past now.

    We can no longer ensure everything happens exactly as it did before it was influenced. If Baby Garrosh were to find his way back, he could for all intent's purpose, become his own grandfather because no one would know it wasn't supposed to happen. (And, in turn, it becomes what was supposed to happen.)

    So it creates a situation. Either:

    a) The timeline was always meant to allow for this to happen, and the lore doesn't change. We just get involved, as the timeline was always supposed to allow.
    or
    b) The timeline gets fucked up, which is what the Bronze Dragonflight tried to prevent, but can no longer force themselves to travel to the right time to ensure they can fix it.

  3. #483
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    just on the subject of time travel in WoW

    in the past, whenever we have traveled in time it was either:

    a) to prevent the timeline from being altered and ensuring history occured just as it did, thereby justifying lore, not breaking lore
    or
    b) to obtain objects from the past, which had canonically disappeared from history at the moment we 'borrowed them' anyway, there justifying lore, not breaking lore.

    _________________
    May i ask what justification anyone has to assume that if we were to time travel again it would be alter history (which we have never done) instead of to prevent history from being altered (which is what we have always done before)?
    Predictable boring expansion that means nothing next expansion if we preserve the timeline.

  4. #484
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Wouldn't a Map pack be considered a downloadable electrionic thingie? It's not marked on there :/
    Usually map packs don't get a trademark.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    No it's only in Heroes & Warlords.
    So if it is HotS related, what is it? An expansion pack? Because Gamemodes/Maps/Characters don't get trademarks.
    Human Female Gladiator (DPS Prot) Warrior. Wyrmrest Accord - US.

    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

    Better version of my avatar.

  5. #485
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    No it's only in Heroes & Warlords.
    http://www.blizzplanet.com/wp-conten...mark-in-us.jpg

    It does not include the non-downloadable part of the trademark that Warlords does.

  6. #486
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Because those who had formerly watched over history and ensured it occurred exactly as it should are no longer the timekeepers. At best, they see random glimpses of the past now.

    We can no longer ensure everything happens exactly as it did before it was influenced. If Baby Garrosh were to find his way back, he could for all intent's purpose, become his own grandfather because no one would know it wasn't supposed to happen. (And, in turn, it becomes what was supposed to happen.)

    So it creates a situation. Either:

    a) The timeline was always meant to allow for this to happen, and the lore doesn't change. We just get involved, as the timeline was always supposed to allow.
    or
    b) The timeline gets fucked up, which is what the Bronze Dragonflight tried to prevent, but can no longer force themselves to travel to the right time to ensure they can fix it.
    Let's ignore Garrosh. He's not going to be the villain of 2 expansions in a row and the main character of 3 in a row.

    The only likely time plot would be one involving Wrathion. And what possible reason would Wrathion have to go back and screw with the Horde?
    Human Female Gladiator (DPS Prot) Warrior. Wyrmrest Accord - US.

    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

    Better version of my avatar.

  7. #487
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Let's ignore Garrosh. He's not going to be the villain of 2 expansions in a row and the main character of 3 in a row.

    The only likely time plot would be one involving Wrathion. And what possible reason would Wrathion have to go back and screw with the Horde?
    To ensure the Horde never arrives on Azeroth, so the Alliance rules it on their own against the darkness as he had planned originally.

  8. #488
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    We don't even know that. Sure, it's a legitimate mark, but is it WoW? It could be a map pack for their DotA clone, for all we know.
    What else could it be? To me Its clearly not Hearthstone or Warcraft(rts). So it has Draenor in the title which means its in the wow universe.

  9. #489
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,216
    Usually map packs don't get a trademark.
    Maybe not but the whole trademark not marked for downloadable electronic or whataever tells me it's not a mapack either.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

  10. #490
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    To ensure the Horde never arrives on Azeroth, so the Alliance rules it on their own against the darkness as he had planned originally.
    I'd like to think Wrathion hasn't gone entirely coo coo. Since the Bronzes have pretty much said the Orcs must come to Azeroth for the planet to survive past WC3.

    Also, though a neat theory, it doesn't explain why the "leak" called Grom a villain.
    Human Female Gladiator (DPS Prot) Warrior. Wyrmrest Accord - US.

    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

    Better version of my avatar.

  11. #491
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Guy View Post
    Predictable boring expansion that means nothing next expansion if we preserve the timeline.
    or
    it could be like the the first Back to the Future movie and be freaking awesome and hilarious and wonderful
    .


    When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

  12. #492
    Elemental Lord Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    This is the WoW collectors edition - no mousepad...


    So maybe they include a map this time and no mousepad, if we explore Argus a map would be nice.
    Just saying, it would stupid of them if they didn't include a Mousepad in the Collector's Edition every expansion has had one.

    TBC Collector's Edition - Outland Map

    WotLK Collector's Edition - Northrend Map

    Cata Collector's Edition - Deathwing

    MoP Collector's Edition - Chen Stormstout
    I'm neither Pro or Anti Flying, I just have a different opinion on the matter.

  13. #493
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'd like to think Wrathion hasn't gone entirely coo coo. Since the Bronzes have pretty much said the Orcs must come to Azeroth for the planet to survive past WC3.

    Also, though a neat theory, it doesn't explain why the "leak" called Grom a villain.
    I haven't seen a single fully confirmed leak yet, so I'm not about to go basing my speculation on 'leaks' that aren't necessarily real.

  14. #494
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    the whole naming conventions argument is dead on arrival
    don't get caught up in refuting it, because no pattern can be discerned in a data set as small as 3 or 4 examples.
    that's just form of apophenia
    "Hi. My name's Jill and these are my four sons: James, John, Robert and Cheeseburger."
    "Wait, that last one doesn't follow the pattern."
    "Oh you and your Apophenia."
    Praise the Quest Writers for they give life to otherwise boring expansions.

  15. #495
    Banned Knadra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Minato-Ku, Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    1,808
    idk about you guys but honestly i'll take anything that isn't pandas.

  16. #496
    I don't think the trademark issue is of the concern anymore really. We all know WoD has been trademarked. The question is whether it's for WOW or not which is still not confirmed, not even after this.

  17. #497
    Applied for trademark.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

  18. #498
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,130
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    "Hi. My name's Jill and these are my four sons: James, John, Robert and Cheeseburger."
    "Wait, that last one doesn't follow the pattern."
    "Oh you and your Apophenia."

    haha, it's funny because it's a false and exaggerated comparison. and it's also not strictly speaking outside the realm of reality anyway.


    ((by the way the odd name in that sequence is Robert since James, John and Cheeseburger all start with lingual-coronal affricates and Robert starts with a lateral lingual approximant)).
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-11-05 at 07:53 PM.
    .


    When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

  19. #499
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    idk about you guys but honestly i'll take anything that isn't pandas.
    I feel the same lol

  20. #500
    Scarab Lord ringpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Front Range Free Zone
    Posts
    4,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    idk about you guys but honestly i'll take anything that isn't pandas.
    I'd rather have a second pandaren-centric expansion than a time-travel centered one.
    Since 9/11 the NSA has spent at least $70,000,000,000 while lying about their own effectiveness. Even if we sweep aside the extensive lawbreaking, ethical problems, economic damage, and abuse of power, the fact remains that the NSA makes us all less secure, running useless mass surveillance, with a handful of successes in other questionably legal programs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •