Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord Frozen Death Knight's Avatar
    Honestly, no. It's far cheaper than actually going to BlizzCon, you get collectors items you will never be able to get otherwise, tons of entertainment as well as a live concert (that stuff isn't cheap), and you get a comfortable front row seat at home to everything going on before everyone else who hasn't paid (heck, some events are overlapping each other, so even the attendees will not catch everything at every panel).

If you are so darn concerned about the price, wait till someone uploads the BlizzCon footage. If you can't bother paying for all these features, then having to wait a day or two for some clips on YouTube isn't going to ruin your day.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2013-11-05 at 06:27 PM.

Imo Blizzard should offer the stream for free.Its all is just a long advertisement,and people who pay for stream/buy 200$-tickets are getting scammed big time, they just refuse to admit it.
    And if we are going to talk about financial side of it- Blizzard could as well do big reveals during E3, and move the fan-service section to Gamescom.But of course having event like Blizzcon is a better thing from marketing perspective, since there is no competition, like during other conventions, and they also can do instant marketing spending returns (percentage of it) by selling tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Please tell me you're not that stupid and/or clueless.
    Blizzard have so far never made any money out of holding these events since they started doing these events back in 2007. They have never broken even once.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaynot View Post
    Imo Blizzard should offer the stream for free.Its all is just a long advertisement,and people who pay for stream/buy 200$-tickets are getting scammed big time, they just refuse to admit it.
    And if we are going to talk about financial side of it- Blizzard could as well do big reveals during E3, and move the fan-service section to Gamescom.But of course having event like Blizzcon is a better thing from marketing perspective, since there is no competition, like during other conventions, and they also can do instant marketing spending returns (percentage of it) by selling tickets.
    You're making no sense. This is not an advertisement AT ALL. This is an event that caters to current subscribers and blizzard game-players. It is not to attract new people. It is an event for fans of Blizzard, not for people who "want to know what this Blizzard thing is all about"....

This event is for us, Blizzard supporters, not for people who have never played a Blizzard game. Every single person that bought a Blizzcon ticket is going there because they're either media or they already play (and likely plan to continue to play) a Blizzard game...

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Blizzard have so far never made any money out of holding these events since they started doing these events back in 2007. They have never broken even once.
    Oh wow. Here's a poor soul that just believes what anyone tells him. I'm sorry for you.

Blizzard have so far never made any money out of holding these events since they started back in 2007. They have never broken even once.
    Thats too simple. Those events are essentially huge marketing campaigns. They cash in over increased product sales do the massive marketing they get from blizzcon.

They are a Company if it wouldn't make Money they wouldn't do it best Red Flag that they are lying to you.

I feel like it is a little overpriced, sure 40$ for 2days of entertainment isn't bad but when you consider every convention stream I've ever seen has been totally free I can't help but feel a little ripped off by Blizzard.

Also LOL at people trying to say Blizzard has never broken even...They are trying to drum up hype and advertise future products. If they break even after a Blizzcon they come out hundreds of thousands of dollars ahead for 'free' advertising.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2013-11-05 at 05:47 PM.

I'd prefer if it was $30, but I think it's worth it. I'm a fan of all three IPs, so I'm going to be getting my money's worth.

- - - Updated - - -

This right here. BlizzCon is crazy expensive to hold, even with the $200 entry per person. I'm sure the swag they give away alone is worth nearly that much. The stream itself costs money to do too. This isn't some cheap internet stream run by a handful of people, it's DirectTV's professional crew doing it.

My deviantART

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    I'd prefer if it was $30, but I think it's worth it. I'm a fan of all three IPs, so I'm going to be getting my money's worth.

- - - Updated - - -

This right here. BlizzCon is crazy expensive to hold, even with the $200 entry per person. I'm sure the swag they give away alone is worth nearly that much.
    The digital swag? The swag that they made and probably cost them almost nothing to create?

wut

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post

- - - Updated - - -

This right here. BlizzCon is crazy expensive to hold, even with the $200 entry per person. I'm sure the swag they give away alone is worth nearly that much.
    Oh god. Another one that doesn't understand business economics. Shhh little one. Grown ups talking.

Its essentially just paying for the digital rewards. The stream is worth 0$ because anything worthwhile will land on youtube and dozens of fansites. Last time they even streamed live from blizzcon... Since i dont care about some digital pets i wouldnt even pay 5$ for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Christ if $40 is cheap for a stream how much does it cost for a ticket to the actual event? $40 is not cheap by any stretch of the imagination for a stream of what is a massive game advert. It's funny how nobody paid any money for the stream of the PS4 or Xbone announcements, or coverage from other gaming events.

Blizzard is bending you over and bumraping you and you're taking it willingly.
    For the past 6 years that they have held BlizzCon not once have I spent a single dime on getting the information I wanted. I could have done it this year as well, but since I was interested in the goodies and wanted to see everything before everyone else, I bought a ticket yesterday. I've had dinners and films that have been more expensive than this.

Wait, you have to pay to watch the part where they announce the new expansion?

For the past 6 years that they have held BlizzCon not once have I spent a single dime on getting the information I wanted. I could have done it this year as well, but since I was interested in the goodies and wanted to see everything before everyone else, I bought a ticket yesterday. I've had dinners and films that have been more expensive than this.
    And now you have to justify that you got ripped off.

Quote Originally Posted by Crucious View Post
    Oh wow. Here's a poor soul that just believes what anyone tells him. I'm sorry for you.
    I don't believe them because of that they told me so. I believe them because I know that it's basically impossible for them to break even unless they sell tons of virtual tickets. Having Tenacious D playing at their convention last year along with other forms of entertainment (they have had things like an open bar, a performing orchestra, tons of equipment to set up the stages, tons of personnel, etc.,) are not cheap.

Last thing I'm going to say to you is learn2budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    The digital swag? The swag that they made and probably cost them almost nothing to create?

wut
    I meant the actual swag you receive for going to the convention.

My deviantART

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    It DOESNT COST THEM MONEY.. god damn, someone types this every 2 minutes on this forum.

Do you know how marketing works?

When you spend money to make money, does it COST you money?

Does a $5,000 commercial that profits me $20,000 in sales COST me $5k?

Please get out of here with this BS, take a marketing class.

Whether you can understand this or not: Regardless of the price of virtual ticket/Blizzcon ticket, they PROFIT heavily from BLizzcon, even if it is FREE. There is a reason every major company in the WORLD holds these events, you know that, right?
    Your logic is really flawed. We'll use your example. They spend $5k to make a commercial and gain $20k in sales. Their net profit is $15k, so yes it still costs them the initial $5k they needed in hopes that they could make a return on the investment.

No matter how you try to spin it they will always make less than they get in the end because of their initial investment. Only way to make that up is by charging people for the initial investment so anything other than ticket sales is profit and that's what the company is after.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ey-on-BlizzCon

That article explains it really well. Just because they gain eventual profit doesn't mean they make a profit overall. They just hope the end profit is better than their initial investment. So they charge for the streams (one to offset costs for that) and to make back a little bit of money. In return they give you ingame items that only other way of getting is to actually go.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2013-11-05 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crucious View Post
    Oh god. Another one that doesn't understand business economics. Shhh little one. Grown ups talking.
    They've admitted to never being able to break even with BlizzCon yet, so saying I don't understand business economics has nothing to do with it. You're just saying Blizzard is lying about their non-existent profits.

My deviantART

I don't believe them because of that they told me so. I believe them because I know that it's basically impossible for them to break even unless they sell tons of virtual tickets. Having Tenacious D playing at their convention last year along with other forms of entertainment (they have had things like an open bar, a performing orchestra, tons of equipment to set up the stages, tons of personnel, etc.,) are not cheap.

Last thing I'm going to say to you is learn2budget.
    LOL @ Tenacious D. Cuz they're relevant and cost big $$ to book. Please.