Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ...
15
23
24
25
26
27
35
... LastLast
  1. #481
    Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey View Post
    BTW can anyone inform me what is actually viewable on the stream for free? what does the opening ceremony contain?
    As far as I am aware everything tournament related is going to be streamed for free. The opening ceremony is usually mike morhaime going blablablablabla bla don't care bla. No offense.

  2. #482
    Dreadlord Widow Maker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    916
    If you want it free just find a stream online. There will be shittons guaranteed.
    When balance is lost, chaos is born.

  3. #483
    People pay more for wrestling, or a 20 minute boxing match. It's all frivolous.

  4. #484
    I don't know if this has been said already (just chimed in at 25 pages), but I've payed quite more for UFC & Boxing pay-per-views and those don't last two days. I find the Vitural Ticket in the same ballpark. Plus you get to keep the in-game goodies indefinitely. Not a bad deal.

  5. #485
    Quote Originally Posted by mber341 View Post
    I don't know if this has been said already (just chimed in at 25 pages), but I've payed quite more for UFC & Boxing pay-per-views and those don't last two days. I find the Vitural Ticket in the same ballpark. Plus you get to keep the in-game goodies indefinitely. Not a bad deal.
    Hmm well indefinitely is a relative term in WoW, or MMORPGs. I mean, WoW will die at some point, you may not pay your sub or quit at some point, ... when WoW dies all the items you gathered for so long are... kinda wasted. I also question the fun out of a pet like this. Its more like a collectors item in a temporary, virtual world.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  6. #486
    Field Marshal Deex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    76
    I talked with a lot of people in my Guild or friends about the Blizzcon Stream.
    Most of them were been very angry about the costs, - here in Germany its 29.90€.
    I know not one single person
    which would pay that much to see an unstranslated stream here.
    But it's the same thing of every year, Blizzard take insane prices for a stream
    People get angry of it, some buy em most not.

    I do not understand this and maybe never will it. The only idea i have is
    that the price is so high because it should be very exclusive.

    Otherwise my suggestion is take 6.50 EUR
    - I may be bad, but I'm perfectly good at it. -
    [DE] WOW Forums Char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/search?f...ldor&sort=time
    [DE] D3 Forums Char: http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/search?f=...2545&sort=time
    My Fansite

  7. #487
    I am Murloc! Pendra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    5,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Deex View Post
    I do not understand this and maybe never will it. The only idea i have is
    that the price is so high because it should be very exclusive.
    Well, the question is: Would they - in total - earn more by making it cheaper, and thus getting more viewers?
    Or wouldn't the additional buyers make up for the lower earnings per viewer?

    If it wouldn't pay off, there's no reason to lower the price.

  8. #488
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    The issue is the value for what you pay for, not the fact that it is expendable. If you can get the same info for free on mmo champ afterwards, why bother? it is a rip when you could spend that money buying cheeseburgers or pepsi
    For me (cheese)burgers and soda drinks are absolute rip offs. I don't even eat that crap food if I'd get it for free. I realize its popular food among youth but nutrition wise its absolute, straight garbage. It takes me 5 minutes to cook a simple meal which has more nutrition value than that.

    I cannot call the quality of the virtual stream garbage since I've watched it various times now and its HQ AV, with easy to use interface. Those who use pirated streams are plain sabotaging Blizzard's health. Either you pay and watch, or you get the information a few hours afterwards via transcription.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  9. #489
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilananazz View Post
    Yes. Paying to stream the event is just bullshit imo. it should be free
    Why should it be free? If you want the news for free just look at twitter.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey View Post
    Compared to the expansion itself which is sometimes even cheaper and lasts longer? Not too mention you can't play the game if you don't pay unlike the stream which is just info and is available after the event.
    It's called Blizzcon

    Not WoWcon

    If you don't want to watch it don't watch it.
    Last edited by Mush; 2013-11-06 at 01:36 AM.

  10. #490
    Don't think it should be free but I agree, would be nice to split it up into pieces and charge for each one. I might buy the WoW coverage but I'm not too interested in the rest of the event to be honest.

  11. #491
    Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post
    i agree with this guy

    i bought x2 the ticket during 2010 stream because i was afraid i needed to stream on two Comps (didn't consider the fact that i could use the same login -.-")
    ended up selling the pet for 150$
    so yeah.
    Listen to you people... you can watch the damn stream for FREE the day after.... WHY WATCH IT LIVE? That's stupid beyond belief.

  12. #492
    Legendary! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    6,055
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdwolfy161 View Post
    Listen to you people... you can watch the damn stream for FREE the day after.... WHY WATCH IT LIVE? That's stupid beyond belief.
    Because some of us make it a social occasion and have people over to watch it with them, make a weekend out of it, have drinks and food and have fun with friends/family. Get the buzz from watching it live etc. It's ok to like different things No one is forcing you to pay to watch it, but some of us think £25 is a good price for a weekend of entertainment and fun.

  13. #493
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Why should it be free? If you want the news for free just look at twitter.

    - - - Updated - - -

    It's called Blizzcon

    Not WoWcon

    If you don't want to watch it don't watch it.
    So what? Just because I like many other play one game we get left out if we don't wanna cough up $40 for 2-3 hours on game info on whatever game we play?
    Pet battle info Compilation: Wild pets, Stats, Abilities, Vids/pics etc!:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...with-stats-etc.
    are you mad cause WoW now has a farming system to use with the new farms it has? keep in mind WoW's had farms since vanilla. Battling pets in a setting like azeroth, with war hungry warlords hardly seems like a stretch.

  14. #494
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Because some of us make it a social occasion and have people over to watch it with them, make a weekend out of it, have drinks and food and have fun with friends/family. Get the buzz from watching it live etc. It's ok to like different things No one is forcing you to pay to watch it, but some of us think £25 is a good price for a weekend of entertainment and fun.
    Could do the exact same thing a day later for free. Still have "fun" still have "drinks" still be with "family". $40 is too much money no matter how you look at it.. Basically, you're saying that it's not fun anymore if you watch it for free the very next day? You're taking the side of a multi-billion dollar corporation taking advantage of people. Ludicrous.

  15. #495
    Legendary! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    6,055
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdwolfy161 View Post
    Could do the exact same thing a day later for free. Still have "fun" still have "drinks" still be with "family". $40 is too much money no matter how you look at it.. Basically, you're saying that it's not fun anymore if you watch it for free the very next day? You're taking the side of a multi-billion dollar corporation taking advantage of people. Ludicrous.
    You may think £25 is too much, however I can spend way more than that on other entertainment. So for me personally £25 is a good deal for a whole weekend of entertainment, fun, information first hand as it happens.

    Sure we could watch it on lower quality a day or so later, but I prefer the HD quality from Blizz, they give good service, being able to switch panels straight away as its all happening is also a bonus.

    The ingame goodies are also a big draw, I collect pets, its another to my collection, I'm happy with it.

    You say they are taking advantage, but they really aren't. If you don't want to pay the money, then you don't have to, and as you say you can watch it all a day or so later for free anyway. So whats the issue here? :P

  16. #496
    It should be 15 - 20$ at the most. Charging 40$ is overpriced.

  17. #497
    Reading the cliffnotes (that are sometimes misquoted) is not the same as getting every nitty gritty detail spoken firsthand. I'm a blizzard fan so I wanna listen to every word said and every nuance. I'm assuming all the complainers here don't pay to watch sports or the like and just get the results later? Why watch a game at all? Oh wait - for the experience!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

  18. #498
    I'm just going to look at screenshots & read the parts I care about on MMO-Champ anyway... no need to purchase.

  19. #499
    Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey View Post
    I would love to get the blizzcon stream this year but $40 for 2 days of video and only part of it I'm interested in (the WoW expansion) so that only adds up to maybe 3 hours of news I want, 3 hours for $40? I'm not going to buy that. Maybe Blizzard should split the show and offer 3-4 viewing options at say $15 each.

    You pay about the same for 2 days of video as you day for a full year+ worth of gaming, would you rather buy the expansion or blizzcon stream for $40? Also consider that videos and news covering the event will be released right after and sometimes even during the event. What do you guys think? Should they split the show up into a WoW, SC2, D3 and other (stuff like heroes of the storm, hearthstone and contests) streams? how much should individual streams be? Is $40 too much considering the expansions offer more and sometimes for less?
    Blizzard should charge however much they want to charge. Blizzard makes absolutely no profit from Blizzcon itself and tends to operate at a significant loss and this is part of how they recoup that loss. It's fine. In fact this is around the same price as other pay per view events which tends to offer significantly less content then what we get in the Blizzcon stream. Is there anything Blizzard does that you people won't bitch and whine about?

  20. #500
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Hmm well indefinitely is a relative term in WoW, or MMORPGs. I mean, WoW will die at some point
    That's why I didn't use "forever". I may have used it improperly but you get the point.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •