Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdwolfy161 View Post
    $40 is too much money no matter how you look at it..
    That's your opinion. Don't pretend it's a fact.

I'm actually torn about the subject. I fully believe Blizzard should charge for it, as it would be a hard sell to get the numbers to fly out to Anaheim to see it live if it was free for anyone to watch on the internet.

Then, I just watched other conventions live, not pirated, via Justin.TV, Twitch.tv and/or uStream as of late. Most recently Minecon on Twitch, and that still soldout with 7500 people in attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey View Post
    So what? Just because I like many other play one game we get left out if we don't wanna cough up $40 for 2-3 hours on game info on whatever game we play?
    you aren't getting left out of anything. You will get all your hours of game info for free.

Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    FFS quit whining. Don't buy it if $40 is too expensive to you.
    Why would you call someone out for having an opposing opinion to yourself in a discussion thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Why would you call someone out for having an opposing opinion to yourself in a discussion thread?
    Welcome to the Internet?

no

ftyubdti

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    We can't all live off of ramen noodles and hotpockets. When you have a family and aren't living like a college student you gain perspective on what things actually cost.
    Lan meats, vegetabkes and potatoes/rice.

So what? Just because I like many other play one game we get left out if we don't wanna cough up $40 for 2-3 hours on game info on whatever game we play?
    You don't get something that you don't pay for? Yeah that's how it works.

I wan't an Aston Martin One-77, but fuck I don't have 1.5 million dollars, maybe Aston Martin should just give it to me because I like it.

It doesn't matter what game you care about, the stream covers the whole event. Thats how it works.

If you wan't WoW news from blizzcon hop on twitter/wowhead/the homepage of this site/any other gaming/wowcentric site on the web and read about the event.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jmdwolfy161 View Post
    $40 is too much money no matter how you look at it..
    $40 is a nonissue in my life, so I flatout disagree.

Id didn't want to insult anyone and I really don't mean what I'm about to say as an insult but...

Blizzcon stream is a luxury, period, you do not need it therefore there is not right or wrong price for it. The price will be made to fit the demand for it.

If you cannot afford $40 don't pay for it, and while you are at it maybe reconsider your hobbies. Tech and gaming are expensive hobbies and if some of you are going to sit around and complain about feeding your family, maybe you should stop throwing away $15 a month and start using that to make your QOL a bit better.
    Last edited by Mush; 2013-11-06 at 07:58 AM.

The Patient
    $40 stream is dirt cheap for full coverage a 2 day event.

Just be glad they offer it at all.
    hell yeah i agree with the guy i quoted. i remember them saying they lose money on the event and they weren't even going to have it last year or was it this year? if you don't wanna support them by buying the stream then don't.

events on cable are just as much if not more for many things. 44.99 comcast wrestling events for 3-5 hours vs 2 days of events of blizzard gaming info for 40, sounds fun also the dance contest and costume contest i find very interested and i also didn't mind seeing the past bands that played even though i seen them live previously

- - - Updated - - -

I would love to get the blizzcon stream this year but $40 for 2 days of video and only part of it I'm interested in (the WoW expansion) so that only adds up to maybe 3 hours of news I want, 3 hours for $40? I'm not going to buy that. Maybe Blizzard should split the show and offer 3-4 viewing options at say $15 each.

You pay about the same for 2 days of video as you day for a full year+ worth of gaming, would you rather buy the expansion or blizzcon stream for $40? Also consider that videos and news covering the event will be released right after and sometimes even during the event. What do you guys think? Should they split the show up into a WoW, SC2, D3 and other (stuff like heroes of the storm, hearthstone and contests) streams? how much should individual streams be? Is $40 too much considering the expansions offer more and sometimes for less?
    i can buy hundreds if not thousands of things with 40 usd but it's my choice and everyone elses what they wish to spend their money on. i'm not going to buy something i don't want or will never use over buying something i need or i want and will use only prices should be compared is those of video entertainment and not against subscriptions and what not. it's like saying bubblegum is 98cents blizzcon event is to expensive it should be cheaper

Not too expensive for me. Might be for other people.

I feel it's worth the $40 to me, so I bought it. If you don't feel like it's worth $40 to you, you don't have to buy it.

Pretty straightforward. Not sure how this thread got to be so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    You don't get something that you don't pay for? Yeah that's how it works.

I wan't an Aston Martin One-77, but fuck I don't have 1.5 million dollars, maybe Aston Martin should just give it to me because I like it.

It doesn't matter what game you care about, the stream covers the whole event. Thats how it works.

If you wan't WoW news from blizzcon hop on twitter/wowhead/the homepage of this site/any other gaming/wowcentric site on the web and read about the event.
    You've missed my point totally, I would pay for the WoW part of the stream because that's all I'm interested in right now. Them throwing in a lot of other stuff I don't want to see makes it more expensive, I just won't pay the full price for the whole stream when I want part of it.

Blizzard thinks everyone who plays one of their games play all their other games and that just isn't true, Paying $40 for 3 or so hours of info (to see people talking about a game) is just not what I and many others are willing to spend based of the content we receive.

You see I want to watch the actual reveal not have it spoiled by text before I get to the actual vids. It's way more exciting watching it happen without spoilers all up in your face.
    Pet battle info Compilation: Wild pets, Stats, Abilities, Vids/pics etc!:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...with-stats-etc.
    are you mad cause WoW now has a farming system to use with the new farms it has? keep in mind WoW's had farms since vanilla. Battling pets in a setting like azeroth, with war hungry warlords hardly seems like a stretch.

Please tell me you're not that stupid and/or clueless.
    Blizzard says they lose money hosting the event. With the stream numbers and ticket sales of people attending in person I'm not inclined to believe them.

I think last Blizzcon was 60k stream and 20(something)k in person.

2.4m+3.5m=way more than setting everything up and renting the building imo

I think it should be free or not at all tbh, even if it was free I probably wouldn't watch it,

The reason I think its over priced is because the moment it starts, people are blogging or posting about it online where you can keep more or less up to date. Furthermore, hours after its happened you can watch the footage on youtube amongst other sites, I just dont see the point in wasting money for the sake of a few hours

I would love to get the blizzcon stream this year but $40 for 2 days of video
    It's free for any even somewhat intelligent person.

And there is no difference if it's 40$ or 20$.
    If you want to pay less, watch it for free this year and pay 40$ for it next year. Or pay once in three years if you want to pay ~13$.
    Or you can buy a pet on blizzstore for 10$.

It's entirely up to you if you want to sponsor blizzard or not and how much money you want to give them exactly.

if i could justify watching the whole event i'd buy the online ticket in an instant. 40$ isn't that expensive, but because i don't have the time to watch it all i'll just read/watch summaries of WoW/D3/Heroes (yes heroes not HotS :P)/Hearthstone and maybe if i can find the time watch the free hearthstone tournament stream on twitch

You've missed my point totally, I would pay for the WoW part of the stream because that's all I'm interested in right now. Them throwing in a lot of other stuff I don't want to see makes it more expensive, I just won't pay the full price for the whole stream when I want part of it.
    It's pretty hilarious that what you are really complaining about is the convention format. It costs what it costs because the entire point of a convention is for a collection of things/ideas.

Blizzard thinks everyone who plays one of their games play all their other games and that just isn't true, Paying $40 for 3 or so hours of info (to see people talking about a game) is just not what I and many others are willing to spend based of the content we receive.
    No, they think that they have an array of products that are exciting enough to make a convention off of. They also think the people who pay to go there or to stream it are either a) Excited enough about part of their stuff or b) Excited enough about all of the stuff to justify spending the money. The format of a convention isn't to segregate games into neat little chunks of time that never cross paths so that they can sell tickets piecemeal for people like you. That would actually make their expenses higher, since they'd have to develop programs and planning that allow to only distribute parts of the thing instead of using the logical method they have already.

It is honestly disgusting that we've reached a point in internet rage where we are complaining that conventions, which have been going on for a long time, need to be broken up by subject matter and sold at discounted rates. Newsflash: if you don't want to see the variety of content or don't like any particular content enough to justify going or watching one, you actually don't like conventions and shouldn't even be inquiring about them.
    BAD WOLF

$40 stream is dirt cheap for full coverage a 2 day event.

Just be glad they offer it at all.
    They could easily do It for free; lots of game companies do that.

Nah, I'll just sit and wait for other people to post information for me for free :P I'm not interested in perks nor I'm that impatient to get information as soon as they talk about it (and I'm a really hype-train person).

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    It's pretty hilarious that what you are really complaining about is the convention format. It costs what it costs because the entire point of a convention is for a collection of things/ideas.

No, they think that they have an array of products that are exciting enough to make a convention off of. They also think the people who pay to go there or to stream it are either a) Excited enough about part of their stuff or b) Excited enough about all of the stuff to justify spending the money. The format of a convention isn't to segregate games into neat little chunks of time that never cross paths so that they can sell tickets piecemeal for people like you. That would actually make their expenses higher, since they'd have to develop programs and planning that allow to only distribute parts of the thing instead of using the logical method they have already.

It is honestly disgusting that we've reached a point in internet rage where we are complaining that conventions, which have been going on for a long time, need to be broken up by subject matter and sold at discounted rates. Newsflash: if you don't want to see the variety of content or don't like any particular content enough to justify going or watching one, you actually don't like conventions and shouldn't even be inquiring about them.
    Why do you think I'm complaining and mad? :/ I'm not I can get my info elsewhere for free but I wish the price point was better and the stream split to make that happen so more players could enjoy blizzcon first hand instead of getting spoilers thrown at them before seeing the actual reveal.
    Pet battle info Compilation: Wild pets, Stats, Abilities, Vids/pics etc!:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...with-stats-etc.
    are you mad cause WoW now has a farming system to use with the new farms it has? keep in mind WoW's had farms since vanilla. Battling pets in a setting like azeroth, with war hungry warlords hardly seems like a stretch.

Why do you think I'm complaining and mad? :/ I'm not I can get my info elsewhere for free but I wish the price point was better and the stream split to make that happen so more players could enjoy blizzcon first hand instead of getting spoilers thrown at them before seeing the actual reveal.
    Nowhere did I say you were mad. I was generalizing the population of the internet. You're still complaining about something that is wholly unrealistic in an attempt to make something 'not for you' to be 'for you'. Conventions are a package and always have been. Get over it.
    BAD WOLF