Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'd like to point out that the ticket includes a pet that would normally be on the store for at least $20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Beecup View Post
    Blizzard says they lose money hosting the event. With the stream numbers and ticket sales of people attending in person I'm not inclined to believe them.

I think last Blizzcon was 60k stream and 20(something)k in person.

2.4m+3.5m=way more than setting everything up and renting the building imo
    You do realize that they don't get 40dollars when someone buys the stream right? DirectTV gets quite a bit of that...

You're also grossly underestimating the cost of this event.

For those that bought the ticket in hopes of selling the pet for outrageous prices later prepare to be disappointed. Its not a code this year it goes directly into your in game mail and cant even be sold for gold. You can currently pick it up in game if you don't believe me. I suppose blizzard got tired of people making a profit off them.

Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey View Post
    I would love to get the blizzcon stream this year but $40 for 2 days of video and only part of it I'm interested in (the WoW expansion) so that only adds up to maybe 3 hours of news I want, 3 hours for $40? I'm not going to buy that. Maybe Blizzard should split the show and offer 3-4 viewing options at say $15 each.

You pay about the same for 2 days of video as you day for a full year+ worth of gaming, would you rather buy the expansion or blizzcon stream for $40? Also consider that videos and news covering the event will be released right after and sometimes even during the event. What do you guys think? Should they split the show up into a WoW, SC2, D3 and other (stuff like heroes of the storm, hearthstone and contests) streams? how much should individual streams be? Is $40 too much considering the expansions offer more and sometimes for less?
    Yes. It is too expensive. Specially when tickets to the actual event are bought up in bulk by scalpers and entities that miraculously always have tickets to raffle off or give away when the average consumer cannot get on the second they become available because they are 10,000 in que. It is all a money grabbing scam.
    Last edited by judgementofantonidas; 2013-11-07 at 05:50 AM.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    A WoW in-game pet, a StarCraft2 portrait, a Hearthstone card, and a Diablo3 banner. Those will be worth 5x in a few years?

OP: yes, IMO it is a bit overpriced.
    http://www.amazon.com/Blizzcon-Grunt...+murloc+marine
    Blizzcon pet offered a few years ago
    Bane

As I said this year you can't sell the items they go right into your account. The murlok isn't even cageable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    No, You get sweet rewards that's worth 5x the amount in a few years. x)
    5x? Really?... I don't think so.

Well I don't live in USA, so obviously I'm not earning the same amount of money, and it cost the same as a new relesead game, so yeah, it's really expensive for here. It's my earning of a day and a half of work ):.

So I'm going to wacht it with friends, we divide the price between 4. And we raffle the shitty 3 ingame things they gift.
    OBEY THE PUG!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLordDariusCrowley View Post
    They're already losing money from Blizzcon, even with the people that pay to stream the event. Why would they make it free if they lose already lose money from it?
    OH I dont know... maybe to do something for their fans that does not include profiteering for a change? Yeah I know, they are buisness but that does not mean they should change into a souless corporate entitiy. Also, why should we consumers ever give a single damn about their financial problems? Do you think they care if people care, Do you think they love or respect people that white knight them? Hell no!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blackdon View Post
    there has to be a free stream somewhere on this damn internet. i`m only interested in wow expansion and movie so I`ll just w8 for trailers to appear on MMO-champ ! ty mmo champ
    There probably will be.
    Someone will most likely order enough stream to view all panels at once.
    The he displays each and every panel on seperate monitor s/he has.
    After that he simply streams what is displaying on his screen and puts it up somewhere for everyone to see.

Well I personally think, there should be a free version, with limited acces content, like no tournaments or contests. It will be fine for me .
    OBEY THE PUG!

Yes, of course it's overpriced, it's blizzard after all.

But luckily, you don't really need it, and any information worth knowing will be posted live anyway.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Deleted
    Despite finding it to be expensive, just bough mine anyway. Going to see what the experience is like. Wish i could sell the pet for ingame gold though as i just have no interest in pets at all.

Why do people compare it to going to the movies? its not cheap to go to the movies in the first place. + the info from blizzcon comes on the net later that weekend. It takes months for a movie to go from the cinema to DVD, and still then it cost Money

Im a bit confused about the idea that Blizzcon dosnt make a profit. If a big company takes a loss for making an event, it would be to satisfy costumers. BUt making people pay to watch it online, kinda changes that idea

U can kinda compare it to the itunes festival a couple of weeks ago, free stream, but the ticket price would probably still cost something (guessing here tho). If they made the Stream to that event cost money, then the vibe of the Whole event be different. IT would feel more like doing it for the company, rather then doing it for the costumers

Deleted
    Well if u think is too much!
    Dont pay it! U dont have 2.
    There will be atleast 40+ youtubers that will have that coverd via youtube. so either have patience OR pay up.
    Again, Blizz is not forcing u.

That murkalot alone is worth the sheit!

Happy blizzcon tho! <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    The issue is the value for what you pay for, not the fact that it is expendable. If you can get the same info for free on mmo champ afterwards, why bother? it is a rip when you could spend that money buying cheeseburgers or pepsi
    For me (cheese)burgers and soda drinks are absolute rip offs. I don't even eat that crap food if I'd get it for free. I realize its popular food among youth but nutrition wise its absolute, straight garbage. It takes me 5 minutes to cook a simple meal which has more nutrition value than that.

I cannot call the quality of the virtual stream garbage since I've watched it various times now and its HQ AV, with easy to use interface. Those who use pirated streams are plain sabotaging Blizzard's health. Either you pay and watch, or you get the information a few hours afterwards via transcription.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    A WoW in-game pet, a StarCraft2 portrait, a Hearthstone card, and a Diablo3 banner. Those will be worth 5x in a few years?

OP: yes, IMO it is a bit overpriced.
    http://www.wowtcgloot.com/murkys_little_soulstone.htm

http://www.wowtcgloot.com/heavy_murloc_egg.htm

What a useless question.

I wouldn't pay even 5 bucks for 2 days of streaming.

I like how you underlined his point and then missed it.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

40 dollars is pocket change.

I already know of 5 places its streaming. If I liked the goodies it would be a possibility, but a murlock crusader lol. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesovr View Post
    I like how you underlined his point and then missed it.
    Do you not comprehend what was stated in his little sentence? He's insinuating that the "meager" contents of the digital items that come with the ticket won't be worth anything. I linked empirical evidence refuting that.