Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
    40 bucks mehhh...is a good price if u cant attend the event which is double that priice of 40 dollars
    What about airfare, hotel?

Only thing worth seeing is SC2 matches which will be available in twitch, and none of the rewards are interesting too me to I won't buy it. Waste of money for me

Quote Originally Posted by Drithien View Post
    I think it should be free. I can't fathom how so many streams from much less profitable organizations are free but Blizzard's cost anything, much less so much money. I would watch it if it was free; not because I can't afford it, but because I would feel like a fool to pay that amount of money for ... a stream.
    Examples? Streams of a couple of interviews are one thing. Streams of a 2 day event are another. Most streams are also accompanied by advertisements on websites which counteract the cost. When you have 7.5 million people or more watching a stream versus a few hundred thousand it's a big difference in cost.

not remotely...

seriously.. its like under 30 quid... if you think that's too much, get a better job.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    paying money to watch advertisement is just stupid.
    Remind us all again of your cable and/or satellite provider?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    $40 stream is dirt cheap for full coverage a 2 day event.

Just be glad they offer it at all.
    Shouldn't you be working on Blizzcon, Chris Metzen?

Seriously though it's retarded, 40 bucks to watch about an hour of two of shtick you care about and ignore the rest?
    How about I just read everything that happened literally minutes later on ANY GIVEN World of Warcraft blog on the internet, for free, at my own convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    $40 stream is dirt cheap for full coverage a 2 day event.

Just be glad they offer it at all.
    Dunno, 4 days of GamesCom cost me 20€. Comparing that to a full ticket, and not a video..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mackenzie View Post
    Remind us all again of your cable and/or satellite provider?
    Free TV is packed with ads, but paid TV, atleast in Germany, just does self advertisement for movies or other staff
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

if all you care about is WoW then wait for mmo champ to post about it.
    if you play d3, sc, WoW and enjoy watching a band, + free gifts and a tournie then buy the ticket.

40 bucks is really cheap.

also, im sure someone on twitch tv like swifty, ravedged, sodapoppin will stream it free
    Last edited by Mukor; 2013-11-07 at 09:09 PM.

Yes no......

I thought the in game rewards are bound to your account and that it would be impossible to sell them apart from actually selling off your account. I might be wrong though.

Think of it this way: You pat $10 bucks to go to the movies and watch a 2 1/2 hrs movie. You're paying $40 bucks to watch roughly 20hrs of coverage and announcements plus some minor in-game goodies.

Is it expansive? IMHO not at all and I had to pay twice as much due to my countries currency

Quote Originally Posted by Lor_Azut View Post
    Think of it this way: You pat $10 bucks to go to the movies and watch a 2 1/2 hrs movie. You're paying $40 bucks to watch roughly 20hrs of coverage and announcements plus some minor in-game goodies.

Is it expansive? IMHO not at all and I had to pay twice as much due to my countries currency
    You're paying 40 bucks for some in-game shtick that's useless to you, every bit of news you get you can get moments later on MMO Champion for free, so you can't even legitimately say you're buying that.
    Plus it'll probably be streamed for free on Twitch.

Yes, it's expensive.
    Yes, I will buy it anyway.

I can get a new game for the same price, but then again, it's still just equals a few beers here in Norway, so it depends on what you compare it with.
    It will entertain me for maybe 3-4 hours all together, so I guess it's worth it.
    Mother pus bucket!

i have a question for those who thinks the price is OK. I wonder if someone asks for money when you watch their adverts on tv or anywhere. I saw a smart guy saying "it costs money to them why should they give it for free" they give nothing for free they are hyping their future products its like BMW asking for money to announce their new car or Apple announcing iphone 5. i do not pay for any of these.

videos of all the panels will be on youtube in a few days. and all the news will be on the front page of mmo-champ as it is released. if you don't want to pay 40$ for a pet then don't.

Pit Lord
    i wouldnt pay $40 for it personally, especially when a lot of sites like this one update the info basically as fast as its announced

Quote Originally Posted by Puxycat View Post
    i have a question for those who thinks the price is OK. I wonder if someone asks for money when you watch their adverts on tv or anywhere. I saw a smart guy saying "it costs money to them why should they give it for free" they give nothing for free they are hyping their future products its like BMW asking for money to announce their new car or Apple announcing iphone 5. i do not pay for any of these.
    It's more convention than press conference though. They have big crew, a huge place, stream providers, competitions etc, and of course a concert at the end with huge names.
    Mother pus bucket!

Europe has Firstrowsports.eu for live streaming sports free of charge. Is there a European website that will be live streaming this for no charge?

Blizzard charging for this is ridiculous. They would probably make more $$$ if they took the individual goodie bag items and put them in the Blizzard Store as "A Celebration of Blizzcon" or some similar title.

To me, yes, yes it is. With that said, even if it was cheaper, I wouldn't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    They charge for it to offset Blizzcon's cost so that they can actually justify running the event to shareholders, hiring and filling a convention hall isn't cheap

If you don't want to pay you can just read the summary on MMO Champ's front page and wait a couple of hours for recordings to hit youtube, completely for free
    5 star post. People need to grow up and realize that everything costs, and paying a fee to basically watch the superbowl of blizzard games every two years isn't too big of a deal. Make a day out of it!