Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    $40.00 for a Live Stream of the best convention in the World, plus Blink 182 concert... to expensive?

Go to school, get a descent job and quit whining!

How much do you think the pet will be worth in ingame gold?

I prefer to buy a full game for that price and watch the panels on youtube next day tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by crzyman007 View Post
    How much do you think the pet will be worth in ingame gold?
    It's actually account bound.
    Friendly reminder people spent $40 to gain information moments sooner than other and get a shitty in-game pet.
    AHAHAHAHAHA

The price is totally fine, its great value. very pro made and in addition to that you get digital swag.
    Bought it 3 years now and plan to continue the tradition.

Anyone paying 40 bucks for this needs their head examined.

If you feel it's value for money, it's worth it. If you don't it's not. It really is as simple as that.

You get full access of the convention from the comfort of your own home, anywhere.

Not very expensive, but I'd love an option to watch only WoW stuff for like half the price for example.

http://www.stern.de/digital/computer...e-2069681.html
    http://www.stern.de/digital/computer...b2064fcdd.html

So..ok..you need to speak german.

Blizzard is a company not unlike Apple. Apple makes between 49% and 62% profit per iPad sold. I never see anyone getting enraged over this? Pretty much the same can be said about pretty much everyone in the free market, food, clothes, consumer products, energy supply including oil and gas.

Greed (and I mean that without evaluation - as a neutral word) drives us
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Yes, it's expensive.
    Yes, I will buy it anyway.

I can get a new game for the same price, but then again, it's still just equals a few beers here in Norway, so it depends on what you compare it with.
    It will entertain me for maybe 3-4 hours all together, so I guess it's worth it.
    When people put it like that it seems harmless and I agree if that's something you like to pay for then it totally your decision. Where I think it's stupid is when everyone throws their money at blizzard for something like this and Blizzard thinks "lol we can get away with this np lets slap a expensive price tag on other things ontop of the monthly sub fee".

When does this sort of thing become "not worth it"? What would happen if they announced you had to pay a fee to post on their forums? Pay fee to view blue posts? pay fees to play on test servers? pay to receive patch information?

I think paying for these things just makes things worse for the game not better, regardless of if you can afford them or not. I'm not saying the stream should be free to all but I think the price is pretty ridiculous. There should of been a discount for current subscribers or something.

$40? Yes.

$20 is manageable, and I'm pretty sure someone will be streaming for free, just like every year.
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

Quote Originally Posted by Vhalerius View Post
    Friendly reminder people spent $40 to gain information moments sooner than other and get a shitty in-game pet.
    Friendly reminder that people spent $40 to watch a pay per view program legally and in the comfort of their own entertainment setup, with the ability to watch it on demand for weeks afterwards, which also included free gifts in each game Blizzard runs. Also, Murkalot is probably the greatest pet I've ever seen and I hope all of the future pets have that level of quality. The animations in combat and idling are awesome. To each their own dude.
    BAD WOLF

Eh, if people want to pay for crap then let them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    $40? Yes.

$20 is manageable, and I'm pretty sure someone will be streaming for free, just like every year.
    Loads of people will be streaming it, how quickly they will get taken down is another matter. I said before that I tried that 2 years ago and it was terrible, a number of streams were closed whilst I was watching features being announced and I missed valuable information to me. Not to mention the sites were being crap and I couldn't buffer fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Also, Murkalot is probably the greatest pet I've ever seen and I hope all of the future pets have that level of quality. The animations in combat and idling are awesome.
    indeed, Murkalot is the best game in game by far at the moment, i really hope they up the standard to his level.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    Anyone paying 40 bucks for this needs their head examined.
    i'm 21 and i make minimum of 96k dollars a year without overtime, i can damn well choose to spend 40 bucks on a live stream.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Blizzard is a company not unlike Apple. Apple makes between 49% and 62% profit per iPad sold. I never see anyone getting enraged over this? Pretty much the same can be said about pretty much everyone in the free market, food, clothes, consumer products, energy supply including oil and gas.
    Let's say for me apple products ARE overpriced, a lot. And for you stream costs 40$, for me it is 120zł, it is the money I get for working full three days in well-known worldwide IT company, while for you it is like maybe one working day - that is just happy guess, not some academic knowledge. What I am trying to tell, that price is good - but just in some hell-far-away-noone-knows-where it is too much for a live stream.

And no, I am not a poor one. I can afford it, I just have better planns on what to spend my money
    Last edited by malotka; 2013-11-08 at 01:50 PM.

"I can't afford or don't want to spend money on this, so anyone that does is stupid"

Quote Originally Posted by neohobeo View Post
    i'm 21 and i make minimum of 96k dollars a year without overtime, i can damn well choose to spend 40 bucks on a live stream.
    I think you just proved him right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    "I can't afford or don't want to spend money on this, so anyone that does is stupid"
    Lets face it in this day pretty much everyone playing wow or blizzard games could afford this, even kids.

I love the fact the people that actually brought this shit feel such a need to defend themselves, shows how insecure they are in their own purchase and acknowledging they are of their own stupidity.
    I'm just bracing for someone to call me poor.