Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Wait, what? You added the cost of the commercial to the profit?
    Yes... Profit = Revenue minus Investment.
    Hence = 25.000 - 5.000 = 20.000

Read. he talks about 20k profit... In his example the profit would be 15k.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Agreed it's too expensive, I shared the cost with a buddy last Blizzcon but he quit and I'm not paying for the full price. Mostly cause I'd be spending money just to rage if they didn't announce or show new character models :P

Deleted
    4 hours at work in exchange for about 18hrs of HD live coverage, ingame items etc and a chance to see & hear the latest news about games you like? Seems worth it to me.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It would have been smarter to allow an "a la carte" system for the stream. Something like $15 per area (WoW, SC, or Diablo) that comes with that respective pet, banner, or portrait; but you could buy all 3 for $40. But Blizz is greedy, so they'll never do that.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

why would anyone want to pay for the stream.... you can see everything on youtube directly after its shown. And the best part is that you can skip all the crap you dont like.

and you can read all about it here on mmo-champ like as its shown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ephemeross View Post
    4 hours at work in exchange for about 18hrs of HD live coverage, ingame items etc and a chance to see & hear the latest news about games you like? Seems worth it to me.
    Isn't it even more than 9 hours? Plus an exclusive concert.

Correction here to my earlier mentioning. The DirecTV PPV costs are $49.90, I just checked.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    why would anyone want to pay for the stream.... you can see everything on youtube directly after its shown. And the best part is that you can skip all the crap you dont like.

because we would have to wait, thats why

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Isn't it even more than 9 hours? Plus an exclusive concert.

Correction here to my earlier mentioning. The DirecTV PPV costs are $49.90, I just checked.
    Yeah, forgot to double it but I ninja edited it

Deleted
    ITT: People who have no idea of worth/value.

If you don't think it's worth it - simple don't buy it.

It's a fucking steal.

If enough buys it, the price is right.
    No idea how many that bought it though. Personally i don't care about paying for the stream. I will know it shortly after anyway, which is enough to me. But if i did care, i don't find 40$ to be anything major. Higher than "fair", but it's business.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

I dont think its too expensive, i'm always psyched for blizzcon and since i'm overseas/poor i cannot be there myself. This way i can still make an weekend out of it. The previous blizzcons despite some problems with one panel. 40 euro vs a plane ticket back and forth + housing. I would call it a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post

It's probably so they can see it first-hand instead of having the info leak out afterwards, you're one of the first to see and hear all the info as it happens so I guess that's the appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ares66 View Post
    ITT: People who have no idea of worth/value.

If you don't think it's worth it - simple don't buy it.

It's a fucking steal.
    ITT: split opinion.

I'll be finding a free stream of it somewhere probably. It should be free, but oh well. I'll make it free.

Deleted
    free version with adverts would suit me fine

Deleted
    I would buy it if i only had to pay for what i want to see ( WoW 15€ is okay, but i dont pay for starcraft and stuff ).

Deleted
    I got my virtual ticket some weeks ago, and yes, it's a bit expensive, but well, I can't manage to go to Blizzcon because the price for the plane is TOO DAMN HIGH, and I prefer to pay for a virtual ticket, because I REALLY want to see the Blizzcon, at least for once in my life.
    Don't care about the pets and other shits, but well, if I can sell it for a good price, why not ?

I agree it's pricey compared to the amount of content you get on say netflix for $8.
    But it is worth it, no doubt, I wouldn't have bought access if it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    First day is 8.5 hours and second day it's 11 hours so almost 20 hours in two days.
    (Ooh God, I need coffee.. Local time it's from 20:00 till 4:30 and 19:00 to 6:00)
    And then you need to remember that there are 4 channels to be watched.

Blizzard giving anything away for free. That's rich. haha.

We're talking about the company that had the audacity to sell a PC game for $60 back in the freaking 1990's, people. We're talking about a company that gives sexy hugs to Activision (Some people deride that partnership, but to my mind, it was a match made in heaven for the mentality of the companies.)

The real problem is, really, that Blizzard shows very little of anything, ever, outside of Blizzcon, and sort of monopolizes the media coverage of it a bit, so if you want a lot of info, you "have" to go through Blizzard, for Blizzard's stuff. Why does no one have a problem with that :x No one else does that :x

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i'll be watchin it on twitch for free live past 2 years . nagging won't make it any cheaper