Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Payperveiw events are often times even more, have less coverage, and are even shorter. You also don't get anything to keep in the long term (pets, etc)... It is priced accordingly.
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

Even if you only have ONE part you want to see it doesn't mean they don't have to keep everything setup the entire time. If YOU think it's to expensive, don't get it. Seriously I remember when things like this didn't even exist so be glad you have the OPTION to see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Existenz99 View Post
    Thank you, and again those are the listed Minimum costs... something as large as Blizzcon with 25,000+ people will exceed the minimum costs to rent those areas...
    yw...... I kept the minimum costs, since I am willing to say it stays at that, considering how they rent the whole center for up to a week. That should yield the minimum prices.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Some people are so dense when they think about companies.

Blizzcon was not created to be an advertisement in a pure sense, but to be something for the community.
    Obviously they advertise things there, but they also answer questions, show traillers, get a descent concert for people to enjoy.
    They run the cosplay tournament, and the game's tournaments and challenges.

They are not doing it all because of money.
    Obviously the ultimate goal of any company is profit, but people that work there are HUMAN BEINGS you know?
    Blizzard is not a robot that does everything with cold pure logic and with the pure intent of squeezing money from people.

Do you believe that the amount of work they do for blizzcon pays then off?
    They could just do as other companies and do a generic announcement to the press, with release of videos.

Someone here even accused blizzard of not letting press in, and another accused blizzard of forcing people to blizzcon if they want to know the news.
    I suggest people to look at the other side, it's not blizzard forcing you to blizzcon, or forbidden press, but they making an event for their fans, instead of just a promotional video, on a web site. It is they giving us some insight on the design of the game, prior to the release of such information to everyone else.

The magic of blizzcon, and why everyone here is worrying about it, is because it gives you the news before everyone else.
    It gives us hints for the whole expansion, to discuss, theoryze and fight each other about.

Yes, $40 is not cheap, but this stream was not made for people that CAN attend to blizzcon, but for people from other countries!
    Now we have a chance too to have the blizzcon pet, that worth way more then $40 in a couple of yrs, and to watch the show that we could not in the past.

And i would prefer to pay $40 for in-game bonuses + HD stable stream, with good audio, and good camera positions, then i would prefer a free stream without in-game bonuses and with worse quality of video, and less favorable positioning and audio.

Remember, it takes alot of effort for blizzard to stream this event.
    Cameras in many places, ways to catch the audio without too much noise from the people screaming, the bandwich to stream to so many at once, and things like that.

You will only be able to watch it for free, from other streamers (with advertises in the middle of it), because blizzard is already doing all the work to get it up online and in descent quality.
    So be glad that they opened this option, else you would only read info written on cellphones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard says they do not make any money off Blizzcon, but at the price of the Stream tickets, I prefer to disagree.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

You're not just paying for the stream alone ... you get other items with it. It's not too expensive, have you ever ordered any sporting even on PPV? You pay more, minus the goodies...

Quote Originally Posted by Strokr View Post
    You're not just paying for the stream alone ... you get other items with it. It's not too expensive, have you ever ordered any sporting even on PPV? You pay more, minus the goodies...
    60 bucks to watch one UFC fight...

25 years ago it cost 50 dollars to watch Mike Tyson knock someone out in 26 seconds..

40 dollars to watch a stream for a game you enjoy should be worth it... But if it isn't then don't buy it and spam refresh on mmo-champion.com.. I'm sure Boub will enjoy the advertisement revenue you generate

Honestly, $40 for a conference virtual stream is cheap. I've participated in some streams, albeit not for video games, that were hundreds of dollars to virtually "attend" the conference.

Deleted
    Isn't it possibl to watch the stream legally somehow? It blows they want money for it

You know, you'll be getting the news fairly live as the event goes on even without the virtual blizzcon ticket. I really don't see the point in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    Kids on the internet who get shit for free will not understand the concept for paying for things.

Adults who work and understand how the event is set up and the cost behind it will get the basic understanding of the cost and will also understand you are not paying £25 for JUST a stream.

Pretty sure the people who think the ticket cost to much are the same one who refuse to buy that album for $12.99 and rather download it for free.

To the people complaining about how Blizzard lose money at this convention i laugh at you.

You realise the profit from this convention for potential buyers in the coming year? i.e. getting people excited about new diablo expansion, new wow expasion, Hearthstone, Heroes of the storm and Starcraft. In the next year due to there 'advertisement aka blizzcon' they will make there money back x10 with new and returning buyers to there games.

Yes $40 is expensive considering I've watched most conventions free this year.

Deleted
    I think 29 euro is cheap for 2 days of entertainment.
    Hearing about the new games first hand, getting hyped and all the panels.
    Better than reading about it or watching it later in 15 mins clips a piece on youtube.

Atleast its no reason to complain, if you don't like the fucking price then don't buy it.

Seems like every time Blizzard does something, kids stand in line and start whining about it.
    Last edited by mmoc4ea3ad99ad; 2013-11-05 at 02:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I'm seeing in this thread is people calculating the tangible effects of Blizzcon. Most of the effects are intangible and positive financially for the company. This event is hype enducing for upcoming titles, causes players to resub or reinvest in the game(s) knowing whats coming down the pipe, boosts sales on trinkets odds and ends, etc, etc, etc.

The fact of the matter is no business does anything just for the 'magic' of an event. It has to have some sort of profitabilty and/or promotional benefit to Blizzard to hold this.It's an extremely savvy and smart to hold a business convention for your popular and upcoming products for any business. That's why all big businesses have expos and conventions. Why would Blizzard be any different? The 'magic' of said event is just a nice side effect of the intended reason for it being held.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barowth View Post
    Isn't it possibl to watch the stream legally somehow? It blows they want money for it
    Legally means you either sub via PPV TV or via online stream. Those are the legal options.

We certainly won't talk about the illegal options. At least I wouldn't advice it. The thread would be shut down quite fast I assume.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone knows if you will be able to watch blizzcon on an android?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Legally means you either sub via PPV TV or via online stream. Those are the legal options.

We certainly won't talk about the illegal options. At least I wouldn't advice it. The thread would be shut down quite fast I assume.
    Yeah I know, that's why I asked for "legal" options. It just blows they want money for it imo :/ Should be something everyone could enjoy for free, just like a livestream on twitch. Greedy Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Anyone knows if you will be able to watch blizzcon on an android?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...zzard.blizzcon

Deleted
    the price is a bit high, should have options like if you want highest quallity you pay more, you dont mind it much you pay less

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barowth View Post
    Yeah I know, that's why I asked for "legal" options. It just blows they want money for it imo :/ Should be something everyone could enjoy for free, just like a livestream on twitch. Greedy Blizzard.
    If Blizzcon wouldn't need more than what a twitch broadcast needs, it may be free.. But that's not the case.