Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i think its a little pricey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sildor View Post
    Yes, it's too expensive.
    The later parts of it (late afternoon/evening PST) is too late in the night for me, I am not really interested in the concert, and the Diablo/Starcraft doesn't really interest me either, hence I think it's too expensive. Especially since there will be videos on Youtube and full transcripts up within hours.

If it was around 10 euros I'd be more willing to pay.
    Guess how many videos would be up if nobody paid for the stream?

Deleted
    It should be free, or like €2, just a small fee, but €35? Naaaaah, not worth my money, even tho I make €25 and hour, €35 is just WAAY too much, I'll check it later on Youtube, I'll just have some fun for €35 instead of being bored waiting for the stuff that actually interests me.

Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    Guess how many videos would be up if nobody paid for the stream?
    If nobody paid for it Blizzard would lower the price to make it more attractive, and then people would pay. Supply/demand as someone pointed out.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sildor View Post
    If nobody paid for it Blizzard would lower the price to make it more attractive, and then people would pay. Supply/demand as someone pointed out.
    Yes but that wont happen as long as most of us find 30 euro a fair price.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLordDariusCrowley View Post
    They're already losing money from Blizzcon, even with the people that pay to stream the event. Why would they make it free if they lose already lose money from it?
    You are crazy. Blizzard would never do anything that "lost" them money. It's a giant commercial ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    Yes but that wont happen as long as most of us find 30 euro a fair price.
    Yep, those who think it's worth it by all means pay, I don't discourage it, but for me it's not worth it, that's all
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Evilananazz View Post
    Yes. Paying to stream the event is just bullshit imo. it should be free
    no, if you want to see it for free... wait a few weeks and all the panels will appear on youtube.

To see it on-demand instantly with mere few second or minute delay its good that it costs.

The money goes into their game developing anyway... more money = better games and customer support.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    The only thing I'm seeing in this thread is people calculating the tangible effects of Blizzcon. Most of the effects are intangible and positive financially for the company. This event is hype enducing for upcoming titles, causes players to resub or reinvest in the game(s) knowing whats coming down the pipe, boosts sales on trinkets odds and ends, etc, etc, etc.

The fact of the matter is no business does anything just for the 'magic' of an event. It has to have some sort of profitabilty and/or promotional benefit to Blizzard to hold this.It's an extremely savvy and smart to hold a business convention for your popular and upcoming products for any business. That's why all big businesses have expos and conventions. Why would Blizzard be any different? The 'magic' of said event is just a nice side effect of the intended reason for it being held.
    No, blizzcon does not make more sells for blizzard.
    People that pays to go there will buy the products anyway.
    They could do much more "hype" with websites, videos, TV commercials, free Youtube videos of Devs talking about the game, then a convention like blizzcon.
    The fact that it is restritive in it's nature, with a cost greater then one game to be present there, make it not areal hype enducing thing for the masses.

Yes, it creates hype, on people that will already buy the game anyway.

For sure, it generate some advertise, but by no means it is the most cost efficient one by far.
    So i disagree with you completly.

And i'd like to remember you that NO company holds it's OWN convention, with panels, tournaments, competitions, etc...
    It's all companies in larget conventions exposing their things on a place where people are not there just to see them.

There is a BIG difference between an event of 1 company and one event with alot of companies.
    The first is presenting things to loyal consumers, the seconds are fighting for consumers.
    It's totally different.

No one that already don't want to play blizz games goes to blizzcon, but for sure you will go to a gamecon even if you don't plan to get a PS4 right now, but then you could be convinced there that you need one.

So your argument does not stand.

Yes, it is to promote the games, but it has a totally different objetive then to squeeze money, it is all about loyal fans, not new ones.

You should be able to watch in on twitch for free... Save the items for people who payed for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Totally worth it
    Be glad they even stream it
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    It's expensive, but it beats the price I would have to pay for flying in, hotel costs, food/drinks & Blizzcon tickets. They could have charged full Blizzcon entry price, but they didn't + you get some ingame goodies + you don't have to watch it. Sites like MMOchamp and others will inform you about the major events.

I'm not paying anything to see it as I don't need the production values, just the information and I can get that for free right here on this website. Even if I lived right near the con and didn't have the lifestyle that I have I still would not pay to go to the actual convention none the less pay to watch it on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpulse View Post
    To the people complaining about how Blizzard lose money at this convention i laugh at you.

You realise the profit from this convention for potential buyers in the coming year? i.e. getting people excited about new diablo expansion, new wow expasion, Hearthstone, Heroes of the storm and Starcraft. In the next year due to there 'advertisement aka blizzcon' they will make there money back x10 with new and returning buyers to there games.

Yes $40 is expensive considering I've watched most conventions free this year.
    They would be potential buyers from spamming refresh on mmo-champion.com too.
    Buying the virtual ticket or going to Blizzcon live doesn't mean they are more likely to buy wow/sc2/diablo 3's expansion than the ones that just waited to get the info n mmo-champion.

Deleted
    To the people saying it's a net loss to run for Blizzard, it isn't really.

They're announcing new products, and hyping up the market, it's HUGE advertising of their products for them - the sales they make in return for running the event will more than cover the cost of it - regardless of virtual tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearin View Post
    i bought a ticket and i think its worth it. if you can't afford it then dont blame blizzard for the price (its not a ton of money for the content you get).
    are you a student? dont have a job? we have known about blizzcon for a long time, maybe learn to save money if you want something
    before i start let me say im not complaining bout the price or anything personally and i would love to be able to watch the stream, but i make just enough to pay our bills and get gas in the car leaves me and my wife with barely 30$ a month for entertainment, i get wow time she gets the rest, sometimes saving up for something just isn't in the cards.

They could charge $100 and people would still pay. I for one don't care much about blizzcon. It's is nice and all, but I am not interested in paying to hear news I can get for free later.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadux View Post
    To the people saying it's a net loss to run for Blizzard, it isn't really.

They're announcing new products, and hyping up the market, it's HUGE advertising of their products for them - the sales they make in return for running the event will more than cover the cost of it - regardless of virtual tickets.
    in business it doesn't go like that. you "hope" that you can recover the costs of an event like this but there is no real way to tell.

Who are you hyping up to buy your products? The people that buy these tickets and purchase the stream are likely already buying into the products... They're not advertising this to the general public at all. If they wanted to advertise and try to get new sales or subscriptions then they released trailers on tv, youtube, etc... they do podcasts on popular gaming websites and promote articles in magazines and online blogs or fan sites.

Blizzcon isn't for Blizzard Entertainment to make money, they lose money... Blizzcon is put on for the people who have supported them throughout the last couple of years. It is to hype up those that are already into the game so they can talk about it amongst friends. Blizzcon is for us (the subscribers and players) not for the company to make money...

Blizzard makes billions and profits hundreds of millions each year, losing a few million to entice their player base is a huge popularity gain and a small loss of profits.

Tldr; The Event itself loses money, it doesn't advertise to people who aren't already into the games.

Blizzard is not your friend or buddy, to them you are nothing but a few dollars on a spreadsheet. They want your money and that's all.

People need to remember that.

If you're open to exploitation they're gonna exploit you.

Is the Blizzcon stream too expensive?

No. Nobody is forcing anyone to purchase it.