Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Way to expensive.

Simple as that..

No way! You get a some free stuff, Worth about 10-15 and it's STILL cheaper than wrestling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    More than worth it, loved blizzcon 2011 even though i was horrified at the MoP announcement.

I don't think it is. I've gotten it every year it was available. The only reason I'm not getting it this year is because I'm using the extra cash I got for my new PS4/games/accessories. Just bad timing for me personally otherwise I'd be getting it.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    As others stated, it's basically a 2 day advertisement for blizzard games and news. Although I'd like the hearthstone card and pet, it's not worth it to me to get an hour head start on news that'll hit mmo champ nearly as quickly. $40 is way more than what I'd consider to be a reasonable price, so I won't pay it. If others find it to be a worthwhile experience, more power to them. I'll check in each evening and see what's been gone over.
    Same here. To expensive considering its just ads...
    Last edited by Duster505; 2013-11-06 at 12:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    More than worth it, loved blizzcon 2011 even though i was horrified at the MoP announcement.
    Did you make that face your avatar made then? Would have been hilarious if you did. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe it's a necessity. First of all, the news related to the content will be online for free almost instantly as it'll be unveiled during blizzcon. So you can argue that you "have" to spend money to know about the news, but we all know it's a lie.

Secondly, those kind of events are very costly. I don't know if you remember, but Activision Blizzard just bought itself from Vivendi. While wow is a good source of revenue, it doesn't change the fact that right now, they need to get back on feet.

But honestly, this is not even the main reason the event cost money. The real reason are for the in-game goodies, the bands that comes to play during the show, the whole stage they have to set up along with very powerful computers for the tournaments so you can watch it from your home, in the comfort of your sofa.

So to me, the 40$ seems logic and is far from expensive, when you have basically 2 days of show, concerts, tournaments and contests along with in-game items.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Everyone is just used to getting streams and video content for free.

This is a pay per view special really.
    Except.. its nothing special and most will be free just few hours later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Except.. its nothing special and most will be free just few hours later.
    So why should anyone complain about it then? Have watched every BlizzCon from previous years that way and not once have I got the urge to complain about the price. If you aren't willing to pay for firsthand access to get this information, then just relax and wait for footage and news to pop up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    So why should anyone complain about it then? Have watched every BlizzCon from previous years that way and not once have I got the urge to complain about the price. If you aren't willing to pay for firsthand access to get this information, then just relax and wait for footage and news to pop up.
    Because it's 2013 and it's cool to complain about everything. Anyone who is complaining about this is labeling themselves as an entitled crybaby. Grow up. If you can't afford or don't want to pay for this, don't do it.

I buy electronics from a local store because I want it now. I might pay $20 more because I don't want to wait 3 days for it to ship. This live stream is the same thing. If you want the information now you pay for it. Otherwise you can wait until a website reports it instead. It's a service. You are not obligated to buy into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Common sense would indicate that this convention is for people interested in all of their games. That's sorta the entire point of Blizzcon. It's why they don't name it WoWCon or DiabloCon.
    for $40 they better be interested in everything Blizzard puts out and even then it still seems a bit much. This isn't a sporting event where viewing it is the main attraction, people view this for info about games they are interested in (games that they pay the same amount for as this info right now).

I still think it should be more accessible to players of specific franchises to get info first hand without spoilers. Split it up into WoW, SC2, D3 and charge $15-20 for each individual part and let the players choose what they want to watch.

BTW can anyone inform me what is actually viewable on the stream for free? what does the opening ceremony contain?

Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey View Post
    BTW can anyone inform me what is actually viewable on the stream for free? what does the opening ceremony contain?
    As far as I am aware everything tournament related is going to be streamed for free. The opening ceremony is usually mike morhaime going blablablablabla bla don't care bla. No offense.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want it free just find a stream online. There will be shittons guaranteed.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

People pay more for wrestling, or a 20 minute boxing match. It's all frivolous.

I don't know if this has been said already (just chimed in at 25 pages), but I've payed quite more for UFC & Boxing pay-per-views and those don't last two days. I find the Vitural Ticket in the same ballpark. Plus you get to keep the in-game goodies indefinitely. Not a bad deal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mber341 View Post
    I don't know if this has been said already (just chimed in at 25 pages), but I've payed quite more for UFC & Boxing pay-per-views and those don't last two days. I find the Vitural Ticket in the same ballpark. Plus you get to keep the in-game goodies indefinitely. Not a bad deal.
    Hmm well indefinitely is a relative term in WoW, or MMORPGs. I mean, WoW will die at some point, you may not pay your sub or quit at some point, ... when WoW dies all the items you gathered for so long are... kinda wasted. I also question the fun out of a pet like this. Its more like a collectors item in a temporary, virtual world.

Deleted
    I talked with a lot of people in my Guild or friends about the Blizzcon Stream.
    Most of them were been very angry about the costs, - here in Germany its 29.90€.
    I know not one single person
    which would pay that much to see an unstranslated stream here.
    But it's the same thing of every year, Blizzard take insane prices for a stream
    People get angry of it, some buy em most not.

I do not understand this and maybe never will it. The only idea i have is
    that the price is so high because it should be very exclusive.

Otherwise my suggestion is take 6.50 EUR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deex View Post
    I do not understand this and maybe never will it. The only idea i have is
    that the price is so high because it should be very exclusive.
    Well, the question is: Would they - in total - earn more by making it cheaper, and thus getting more viewers?
    Or wouldn't the additional buyers make up for the lower earnings per viewer?

If it wouldn't pay off, there's no reason to lower the price.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    The issue is the value for what you pay for, not the fact that it is expendable. If you can get the same info for free on mmo champ afterwards, why bother? it is a rip when you could spend that money buying cheeseburgers or pepsi
    For me (cheese)burgers and soda drinks are absolute rip offs. I don't even eat that crap food if I'd get it for free. I realize its popular food among youth but nutrition wise its absolute, straight garbage. It takes me 5 minutes to cook a simple meal which has more nutrition value than that.

I cannot call the quality of the virtual stream garbage since I've watched it various times now and its HQ AV, with easy to use interface. Those who use pirated streams are plain sabotaging Blizzard's health. Either you pay and watch, or you get the information a few hours afterwards via transcription.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilananazz View Post
    Yes. Paying to stream the event is just bullshit imo. it should be free
    Why should it be free? If you want the news for free just look at twitter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey View Post
    Compared to the expansion itself which is sometimes even cheaper and lasts longer? Not too mention you can't play the game if you don't pay unlike the stream which is just info and is available after the event.
    It's called Blizzcon

Not WoWcon

If you don't want to watch it don't watch it.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2013-11-06 at 01:36 AM.