Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Don't think it should be free but I agree, would be nice to split it up into pieces and charge for each one. I might buy the WoW coverage but I'm not too interested in the rest of the event to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post
    i agree with this guy

i bought x2 the ticket during 2010 stream because i was afraid i needed to stream on two Comps (didn't consider the fact that i could use the same login -.-")
    ended up selling the pet for 150$
    so yeah.
    Listen to you people... you can watch the damn stream for FREE the day after.... WHY WATCH IT LIVE? That's stupid beyond belief.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdwolfy161 View Post
    Listen to you people... you can watch the damn stream for FREE the day after.... WHY WATCH IT LIVE? That's stupid beyond belief.
    Because some of us make it a social occasion and have people over to watch it with them, make a weekend out of it, have drinks and food and have fun with friends/family. Get the buzz from watching it live etc. It's ok to like different things No one is forcing you to pay to watch it, but some of us think £25 is a good price for a weekend of entertainment and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Why should it be free? If you want the news for free just look at twitter.

- - - Updated - - -

It's called Blizzcon

Not WoWcon

If you don't want to watch it don't watch it.
    So what? Just because I like many other play one game we get left out if we don't wanna cough up $40 for 2-3 hours on game info on whatever game we play?

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Because some of us make it a social occasion and have people over to watch it with them, make a weekend out of it, have drinks and food and have fun with friends/family. Get the buzz from watching it live etc. It's ok to like different things No one is forcing you to pay to watch it, but some of us think £25 is a good price for a weekend of entertainment and fun.
    Could do the exact same thing a day later for free. Still have "fun" still have "drinks" still be with "family". $40 is too much money no matter how you look at it.. Basically, you're saying that it's not fun anymore if you watch it for free the very next day? You're taking the side of a multi-billion dollar corporation taking advantage of people. Ludicrous.

Could do the exact same thing a day later for free. Still have "fun" still have "drinks" still be with "family". $40 is too much money no matter how you look at it.. Basically, you're saying that it's not fun anymore if you watch it for free the very next day? You're taking the side of a multi-billion dollar corporation taking advantage of people. Ludicrous.
    You may think £25 is too much, however I can spend way more than that on other entertainment. So for me personally £25 is a good deal for a whole weekend of entertainment, fun, information first hand as it happens.

Sure we could watch it on lower quality a day or so later, but I prefer the HD quality from Blizz, they give good service, being able to switch panels straight away as its all happening is also a bonus.

The ingame goodies are also a big draw, I collect pets, its another to my collection, I'm happy with it.

You say they are taking advantage, but they really aren't. If you don't want to pay the money, then you don't have to, and as you say you can watch it all a day or so later for free anyway. So whats the issue here? :P

It should be 15 - 20$ at the most. Charging 40$ is overpriced.

Reading the cliffnotes (that are sometimes misquoted) is not the same as getting every nitty gritty detail spoken firsthand. I'm a blizzard fan so I wanna listen to every word said and every nuance. I'm assuming all the complainers here don't pay to watch sports or the like and just get the results later? Why watch a game at all? Oh wait - for the experience!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

I'm just going to look at screenshots & read the parts I care about on MMO-Champ anyway... no need to purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey View Post
    I would love to get the blizzcon stream this year but $40 for 2 days of video and only part of it I'm interested in (the WoW expansion) so that only adds up to maybe 3 hours of news I want, 3 hours for $40? I'm not going to buy that. Maybe Blizzard should split the show and offer 3-4 viewing options at say $15 each.

You pay about the same for 2 days of video as you day for a full year+ worth of gaming, would you rather buy the expansion or blizzcon stream for $40? Also consider that videos and news covering the event will be released right after and sometimes even during the event. What do you guys think? Should they split the show up into a WoW, SC2, D3 and other (stuff like heroes of the storm, hearthstone and contests) streams? how much should individual streams be? Is $40 too much considering the expansions offer more and sometimes for less?
    Blizzard should charge however much they want to charge. Blizzard makes absolutely no profit from Blizzcon itself and tends to operate at a significant loss and this is part of how they recoup that loss. It's fine. In fact this is around the same price as other pay per view events which tends to offer significantly less content then what we get in the Blizzcon stream. Is there anything Blizzard does that you people won't bitch and whine about?

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Hmm well indefinitely is a relative term in WoW, or MMORPGs. I mean, WoW will die at some point
    That's why I didn't use "forever". I may have used it improperly but you get the point.

Deleted
    $40 is too much money no matter how you look at it..
    That's your opinion. Don't pretend it's a fact.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually torn about the subject. I fully believe Blizzard should charge for it, as it would be a hard sell to get the numbers to fly out to Anaheim to see it live if it was free for anyone to watch on the internet.

Then, I just watched other conventions live, not pirated, via Justin.TV, Twitch.tv and/or uStream as of late. Most recently Minecon on Twitch, and that still soldout with 7500 people in attendance.

So what? Just because I like many other play one game we get left out if we don't wanna cough up $40 for 2-3 hours on game info on whatever game we play?
    you aren't getting left out of anything. You will get all your hours of game info for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    FFS quit whining. Don't buy it if $40 is too expensive to you.
    Why would you call someone out for having an opposing opinion to yourself in a discussion thread?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Why would you call someone out for having an opposing opinion to yourself in a discussion thread?
    Welcome to the Internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    no

ftyubdti

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    We can't all live off of ramen noodles and hotpockets. When you have a family and aren't living like a college student you gain perspective on what things actually cost.
    Lan meats, vegetabkes and potatoes/rice.

You don't get something that you don't pay for? Yeah that's how it works.

I wan't an Aston Martin One-77, but fuck I don't have 1.5 million dollars, maybe Aston Martin should just give it to me because I like it.

It doesn't matter what game you care about, the stream covers the whole event. Thats how it works.

If you wan't WoW news from blizzcon hop on twitter/wowhead/the homepage of this site/any other gaming/wowcentric site on the web and read about the event.

- - - Updated - - -

$40 is too much money no matter how you look at it..
    $40 is a nonissue in my life, so I flatout disagree.

Id didn't want to insult anyone and I really don't mean what I'm about to say as an insult but...

Blizzcon stream is a luxury, period, you do not need it therefore there is not right or wrong price for it. The price will be made to fit the demand for it.

If you cannot afford $40 don't pay for it, and while you are at it maybe reconsider your hobbies. Tech and gaming are expensive hobbies and if some of you are going to sit around and complain about feeding your family, maybe you should stop throwing away $15 a month and start using that to make your QOL a bit better.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2013-11-06 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    $40 stream is dirt cheap for full coverage a 2 day event.

Just be glad they offer it at all.
    hell yeah i agree with the guy i quoted. i remember them saying they lose money on the event and they weren't even going to have it last year or was it this year? if you don't wanna support them by buying the stream then don't.

events on cable are just as much if not more for many things. 44.99 comcast wrestling events for 3-5 hours vs 2 days of events of blizzard gaming info for 40, sounds fun also the dance contest and costume contest i find very interested and i also didn't mind seeing the past bands that played even though i seen them live previously

- - - Updated - - -

I would love to get the blizzcon stream this year but $40 for 2 days of video and only part of it I'm interested in (the WoW expansion) so that only adds up to maybe 3 hours of news I want, 3 hours for $40? I'm not going to buy that. Maybe Blizzard should split the show and offer 3-4 viewing options at say $15 each.

You pay about the same for 2 days of video as you day for a full year+ worth of gaming, would you rather buy the expansion or blizzcon stream for $40? Also consider that videos and news covering the event will be released right after and sometimes even during the event. What do you guys think? Should they split the show up into a WoW, SC2, D3 and other (stuff like heroes of the storm, hearthstone and contests) streams? how much should individual streams be? Is $40 too much considering the expansions offer more and sometimes for less?
    i can buy hundreds if not thousands of things with 40 usd but it's my choice and everyone elses what they wish to spend their money on. i'm not going to buy something i don't want or will never use over buying something i need or i want and will use only prices should be compared is those of video entertainment and not against subscriptions and what not. it's like saying bubblegum is 98cents blizzcon event is to expensive it should be cheaper