Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Think of it this way: You pat $10 bucks to go to the movies and watch a 2 1/2 hrs movie. You're paying $40 bucks to watch roughly 20hrs of coverage and announcements plus some minor in-game goodies.

Is it expansive? IMHO not at all and I had to pay twice as much due to my countries currency

Quote Originally Posted by Lor_Azut View Post
    Think of it this way: You pat $10 bucks to go to the movies and watch a 2 1/2 hrs movie. You're paying $40 bucks to watch roughly 20hrs of coverage and announcements plus some minor in-game goodies.

Is it expansive? IMHO not at all and I had to pay twice as much due to my countries currency
    You're paying 40 bucks for some in-game shtick that's useless to you, every bit of news you get you can get moments later on MMO Champion for free, so you can't even legitimately say you're buying that.
    Plus it'll probably be streamed for free on Twitch.

Yes, it's expensive.
    Yes, I will buy it anyway.

I can get a new game for the same price, but then again, it's still just equals a few beers here in Norway, so it depends on what you compare it with.
    It will entertain me for maybe 3-4 hours all together, so I guess it's worth it.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    i have a question for those who thinks the price is OK. I wonder if someone asks for money when you watch their adverts on tv or anywhere. I saw a smart guy saying "it costs money to them why should they give it for free" they give nothing for free they are hyping their future products its like BMW asking for money to announce their new car or Apple announcing iphone 5. i do not pay for any of these.

videos of all the panels will be on youtube in a few days. and all the news will be on the front page of mmo-champ as it is released. if you don't want to pay 40$ for a pet then don't.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i wouldnt pay $40 for it personally, especially when a lot of sites like this one update the info basically as fast as its announced

Quote Originally Posted by Puxycat View Post
    i have a question for those who thinks the price is OK. I wonder if someone asks for money when you watch their adverts on tv or anywhere. I saw a smart guy saying "it costs money to them why should they give it for free" they give nothing for free they are hyping their future products its like BMW asking for money to announce their new car or Apple announcing iphone 5. i do not pay for any of these.
    It's more convention than press conference though. They have big crew, a huge place, stream providers, competitions etc, and of course a concert at the end with huge names.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Europe has Firstrowsports.eu for live streaming sports free of charge. Is there a European website that will be live streaming this for no charge?

Blizzard charging for this is ridiculous. They would probably make more $$$ if they took the individual goodie bag items and put them in the Blizzard Store as "A Celebration of Blizzcon" or some similar title.

To me, yes, yes it is. With that said, even if it was cheaper, I wouldn't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    They charge for it to offset Blizzcon's cost so that they can actually justify running the event to shareholders, hiring and filling a convention hall isn't cheap

If you don't want to pay you can just read the summary on MMO Champ's front page and wait a couple of hours for recordings to hit youtube, completely for free
    5 star post. People need to grow up and realize that everything costs, and paying a fee to basically watch the superbowl of blizzard games every two years isn't too big of a deal. Make a day out of it!

$40.00 for a Live Stream of the best convention in the World, plus Blink 182 concert... to expensive?

Go to school, get a descent job and quit whining!

How much do you think the pet will be worth in ingame gold?

Deleted
    I prefer to buy a full game for that price and watch the panels on youtube next day tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by crzyman007 View Post
    How much do you think the pet will be worth in ingame gold?
    It's actually account bound.
    Friendly reminder people spent $40 to gain information moments sooner than other and get a shitty in-game pet.
    AHAHAHAHAHA

The price is totally fine, its great value. very pro made and in addition to that you get digital swag.
    Bought it 3 years now and plan to continue the tradition.

Deleted
    Anyone paying 40 bucks for this needs their head examined.

Deleted
    If you feel it's value for money, it's worth it. If you don't it's not. It really is as simple as that.

You get full access of the convention from the comfort of your own home, anywhere.

Not very expensive, but I'd love an option to watch only WoW stuff for like half the price for example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Yes, it's expensive.
    Yes, I will buy it anyway.

I can get a new game for the same price, but then again, it's still just equals a few beers here in Norway, so it depends on what you compare it with.
    It will entertain me for maybe 3-4 hours all together, so I guess it's worth it.
    When people put it like that it seems harmless and I agree if that's something you like to pay for then it totally your decision. Where I think it's stupid is when everyone throws their money at blizzard for something like this and Blizzard thinks "lol we can get away with this np lets slap a expensive price tag on other things ontop of the monthly sub fee".

When does this sort of thing become "not worth it"? What would happen if they announced you had to pay a fee to post on their forums? Pay fee to view blue posts? pay fees to play on test servers? pay to receive patch information?

I think paying for these things just makes things worse for the game not better, regardless of if you can afford them or not. I'm not saying the stream should be free to all but I think the price is pretty ridiculous. There should of been a discount for current subscribers or something.

Deleted
    $40? Yes.

$20 is manageable, and I'm pretty sure someone will be streaming for free, just like every year.