Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Indeed, I remember the first year the Virtual ticket came out, Our money situation wasn't great, subbing to wow was basically our entertainment for a month, no extras (take out, movies, buying games,going to concerts of out for dinner etc) it was tight. But I knew months in advance that Blizzcon was happening so I just popped a couple of pounds in a jar every week till I had the £25 to pay for it.

It was a treat for us, being in that situation money wise. But it's down to each person to reason whether it is worth it for them or not. No need to be angry at people that don't think it's worth it, just as theres no reason to be angry at people that do think its worth it.

who cares the important stuff will all be over the internet hours after it happens for free.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Deleted
    It's a virtual ticket, you are basically paying the entrance fee for the convention. Wouldn't be fair if tickets were around 10-20 for those paying a lot more to physically attend it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    It's a virtual ticket, you are basically paying the entrance fee for the convention. Wouldn't be fair if tickets were around 10-20 for those paying a lot more to physically attend it.
    Watching some shitty camera and going to an even ain't the same. Not to mention that we dont get the real goodies.

Deleted
    Am I the only one who will just wait for someone on Twitch to stream the event from his own pc, thus avoiding that overpriced ticket?

Deleted
    someone already found a stream that will cover the Main-Stage? :/
    I can barely afford to play WoW now I don't want to spend some 40ish bucks for just a live stream.

Deleted
    Briljant marketing though; getting people to pay to watch you advertise your products and services

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenom3e View Post
    someone already found a stream that will cover the Main-Stage? :/
    I can barely afford to play WoW now I don't want to spend some 40ish bucks for just a live stream.
    MMO-C Front Page text 'stream' has you covered.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by kamigawa View Post
    Am I the only one who will just wait for someone on Twitch to stream the event from his own pc, thus avoiding that overpriced ticket?
    At the last blizzcon they we're banning their twitch acct to the ppl streaming blizzcon but there's other streaming websites out there.
    Last edited by n0n3; 2013-11-08 at 03:03 PM.

The opening ceremony is being streamed for free: http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/live-stream/

So don't forget.

If it was $19.99, I'd buy it. $40 is too much for a few in-game items, since all the information will be available online within seconds of it being revealed.

Yeah, it's way too steep this year. I couldn't care one jot about a pet, a D3 thing, a hearthstone thing and whatever. I'm interested in the informtion, and the trailer will go on youtube while I can read the information on this very site. 40$, no. I would've paid 15$ perhaps. -Maybe- 20$.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Yeah, it's way too steep this year. I couldn't care one jot about a pet, a D3 thing, a hearthstone thing and whatever. I'm interested in the informtion, and the trailer will go on youtube while I can read the information on this very site. 40$, no. I would've paid 15$ perhaps. -Maybe- 20$.
    If you saved more of your profits from selling books instead of buying loads of wine and cigs then you would be able to get the stream.
    BAD WOLF

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see a problem with the cost, cheaper than a airfare and stuff, plus I get to watch it from my couch.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhalerius View Post
    I love the fact the people that actually brought this shit feel such a need to defend themselves, shows how insecure they are in their own purchase and acknowledging they are of their own stupidity.
    I'm just bracing for someone to call me poor.
    "I love the fact that people discuss things online"

The fact that you need to paint anyone buying the virtual ticket as the 'bad guy' says more about yourself than it does anyone else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its not expensive when you look at everything you get to see. However I feel like they would earn a lot more if you could choose which things you wanted to see and pay for only those parts.

Like some sort of WoW Package, SC Package and Diablo Package and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Its not expensive when you look at everything you get to see. However I feel like they would earn a lot more if you could choose which things you wanted to see and pay for only those parts.

Like some sort of WoW Package, SC Package and Diablo Package and such.
    What about the "Read everything on MMO Champion five minutes later package."

Go for it

But for me thats not as exciting as snuggling on the sofa and enjoying the whole weekend watching it with my man, on our big screen telly

10+ Year Old Account
    What about it? It's valid? Like...is that what you want after all of these attack posts is someone to validate that it's ok you didn't opt into the extra experience? Ok friend, here is my 100% Grade A stamp of approval that you just looking up the info on MMO-C is completely ok and I don't look at you lesser because of it. I've done the same myself since the beginning of Blizzcon coverage on the site.

This year I thought I would treat myself and actually enjoy the excitement through the magical wonderment of video streaming technology, since I won't spend the money on cross country plane tickets.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    At the last blizzcon they we're banning their twitch acct to the ppl streaming blizzcon but there's other streaming websites out there.
    How to find out where to go to see it?