Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The pet and other miscellaneous bullshit is what makes it $40. I'd rather it be $10 without all the crap included.

Deleted
    I don't mind as long as the Starcraft tournament is free.

Deleted
    I am slightly disgusted by the amount of people who treat $40 as if it is pocket change. Please understand that everyone has a different disposable income, and some people don’t have a consistent income at all. You cannot call WoW subscribers freeloaders if they pay for the game every month. I –personally- think that $40 is a ridiculous amount to charge for an advertisement but I’m not altogether against them charging a price to view this content.

In my opinion anyone who pays for this is just paying for a mount, pet and a commercial and there are some people willing to spend a lot on those badly designed in-game mounts…. But yes, to each their own. I think the price is a shame for people who would enjoy the stream but simply don’t have money to throw away on a two day commercial but then again there’ll be plenty of illegal streams/sharing/etc. Seems pointless to even charge given Blizzard’s lax security.

In the end, it’s just for the mount/pet/etc. If you don’t have money to waste on those, don’t feel too bad.

And for people who are yammering on about whether or not Blizzard ‘profit’ or ‘justified marketing’, give it a rest. You don’t work for Blizzard, and I doubt many of you have an interest in actively monitoring Blizzard’s financial situation and/or have a degree in business. I always find it strange when customers defend a company’s business policies.

For me, yeah. I mean, if they ever offered a mount with the package I'd be all over it, but the little bonus extras they offer aren't interesting to me and I feel that it's not worth paying for info that I can get on mmo-champ soon after for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    $40 stream is dirt cheap for full coverage a 2 day event.

Just be glad they offer it at all.
    Yes, thank Blizzard for only gently fucking us in the ass.

Yes... yes it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see someone is practicing their necromancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruharu304 View Post
    I am slightly disgusted by the amount of people who treat $40 as if it is pocket change. Please understand that everyone has a different disposable income, and some people don’t have a consistent income at all. You cannot call WoW subscribers freeloaders if they pay for the game every month. I –personally- think that $40 is a ridiculous amount to charge for an advertisement but I’m not altogether against them charging a price to view this content.

In my opinion anyone who pays for this is just paying for a mount, pet and a commercial and there are some people willing to spend a lot on those badly designed in-game mounts…. But yes, to each their own. I think the price is a shame for people who would enjoy the stream but simply don’t have money to throw away on a two day commercial but then again there’ll be plenty of illegal streams/sharing/etc. Seems pointless to even charge given Blizzard’s lax security.

In the end, it’s just for the mount/pet/etc. If you don’t have money to waste on those, don’t feel too bad.

And for people who are yammering on about whether or not Blizzard ‘profit’ or ‘justified marketing’, give it a rest. You don’t work for Blizzard, and I doubt many of you have an interest in actively monitoring Blizzard’s financial situation and/or have a degree in business. I always find it strange when customers defend a company’s business policies.
    Put it this way, the amount of hours worth of viewable content you get from this, is a lot more than if you were to go watch a couple movies to match the spending amount. The price point is perfectly fine & the extras they give you is just a BONUS.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are soooooo funny..

They complain about prices in an online game, in the 10-50€ price range, but the gladly pay 1000€ every year, when a new iPhone hits the streets..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Too expensive for something that (mostly) it is going to be uploaded in youtube or other stream media few hours after

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Guess you only read about game score results later rather than paying for cable?
    Cable TV is dead. That said, your contention isn't even valid anyway. For $40 on cable tv you get dozens of channels for a whole month. This is 2 days of coverage for a single event. Cable would cost like $10,000 a month at those prices, so yeah, nobody would pay for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    People are soooooo funny..

They complain about prices in an online game, in the 10-50€ price range, but the gladly pay 1000€ every year, when a new iPhone hits the streets..
    Who said they are the same people? you? I complain about overpriced games, I complain about overpriced phones (which I don't buy, because they are shit and overpriced)

10+ Year Old Account
    Too expensive, as I'm patient enough to wait for the info to find it's way to this and many other sites.

I feel like 29.99 is a good price. But i would gladly pay 40$ if it's crisp and no mess ups. Last years audio was messed up for the WoW panel for like 30 mins. All you could hear was the SC tournament. Was very annoying. Also the camera froze quite a bit, thank god you can back track.

If they improve the quality and there is no muck ups I don't mind the 40$ that's nothing to me anyways. But I think 29.99 is more reasonable even with the extra stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, for the price you pay, it has a lot in my opinion. Complete back-log if you don't wanna stream it when all others do, you can watch it a little later (Of course, there's a limit of how long back).

You can jump sections / cameras to see what you wish to see (If it was free, it would be maximum a fixed camera).

You get your in-game goodies of course.

You get to follow the whole setting, and I know last BlizzCon, they took questions from people who were streaming since they couldn't be there.

Maybe, just maybe I could go with of course, a lower price but not too low. It is an event afterall, big scale even. If you don't like the price, you can always look at the twitch channels that try to stream it from their computers (But even some of those expect something for it).

And of course, you aren't forced to follow the show at all. As some say, they are patient and can wait.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I threw the 40$ at them for it.. Is it a lot of money? Yeah, kinda. Will I enjoy 2 days of good quality streams? HELL YEAH I will. I'll be watching it while I play WoW/Diablo/Hearthstone, and then afterwards I will watch all the other events I didn't have time to watch live.

The in-game goodies are just a good incentive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I threw the 40$ at them for it.. Is it a lot of money? Yeah, kinda. Will I enjoy 2 days of good quality streams? HELL YEAH I will. I'll be watching it while I play WoW/Diablo/Hearthstone, and then afterwards I will watch all the other events I didn't have time to watch live.

The in-game goodies are just a good incentive.
    And you forgot, if you can't keep up on the whole event, you can just watch it again ^^
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

i thought it was free on youtube

10+ Year Old Account
    For something that pops up on Youtube/MMO-C a few hours later for $0? Hell yes it is.
    I honestly can't believe people are wasting their money on something like this. But I suppose there are people that actually get enjoyment out of watching those Live Raids and PvP events, and whatever else they do apart from Announcements and Q&A.

People can spend their money however (Stupidly, I believe) they would like.

I'll just be enjoying watching the announcements a couple of hours later.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Thats too simple. Those events are essentially huge marketing campaigns. They cash in over increased product sales do the massive marketing they get from blizzcon.
    Yes, it's are a huge marketing campaign.. For the people already playing the game.
    Blizzard will upload the whole thing to youtube anyway, so people really have nothing to complain about.

You guys do know that you just necroed a year old thread, right?