Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Warcraft IV: Warlords of Draenor?

What if Warlords of Draenor is Warcraft 4?

May this be possible?

Just hoping, a big Blizzard surprise... :/

as suggested by Skeppio:
    for Warcraft 1's 20th anniversary they will remake all the RTS Warcraft saga, starting now with the old Draenor.

as suggested by Belisaurio:
    I always thought that a Warcraft IV would be awesome between expansions. Something like:
    WC1-->WC2(+exp)--->WC3(+exp)--->Vanilla wow---->BC---->Wrath--->Cataclysm--->MoP--->WCIV--->WoW exp 5.

Why I thought that? Let's see the possible clients of this WC IV:
    -7M players of wow, that want to jump to exp.5, and they want to know what happened between exp 5 and MoP.
    -RTS funs: People that bought SC/WC and are funs of RTS (and don't care about WoW).
    -exWoW players that liked warcraft (they played wow but only liked the Wc rts games).
    -Other people that un-sub during Cata/MoP that want to know what is happening in the warcraft lore.

And looking for the competence of other RTS games, Blizzard is really high on the list at this moment.
    And doing this, you are creating more possible clients to wow (people that don't play wow, but will try If they likes WCIV story).
    Last edited by mmoc0b7825fa66; 2013-11-05 at 02:09 PM.

Anything is possibly, but i hope not.

WarCraft IV will surely not be released soon, maybe when they will end with WoW it will be possible but not now.

Well, they said at one of the Blizzcon that when SC2 was finished may be the team would work in WC4, so...who knows.

Deleted
    I still don't believe Warlords of Draenor is the WoW expansion. Sure, it's a Blizzard game, but doubt it's WoW expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I'm speculating that Warlords of Draenor is going to turn out to be a prequel RTS telling of the legion's invasion of Draenor and the Orcs and Draeneis struggle against their inevitable enslavement. The trademark fillings seem far too different from previous exp trademarks and very similar to Heroes of the Storms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post
    Well, they said at one of the Blizzcon that when SC2 was finished may be the team would work in WC4, so...who knows.
    That was a few months ago that they said that. It's still to early for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

absolute anarchy/ tier 1 shitfit across the internet.

i think i want it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but it's the expansion. Prepare yourselves.

Also, why can't we just make a metathread for all the "WoD = x, but not expansion" threads and lock the rest. People are so silly sometimes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    I really hope it isn't now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    WarCraft IV will surely not be released soon, maybe when they will end with WoW it will be possible but not now.
    It may not be released soon but could be announced. Also it may just be alternative timeline, taken back to its roots, re-imagined.. anything is possible.

Honestly I hadn't considered this but I hope so. It's certainly better (in my opinion) to any alternative. Let's see... here are the theories of what it would be as a WoW expansion.

1.) Return to Outlands

In this scenario Blizzard would have to give Outlands the Cataclysm treatment. I seriously doubt the game developers want to repeat a world-wide reboot again. It was met with mixed reviews in Cataclysm and it diverted a huge amount of resources from developing the end-game content.

2.) Time Travel... to Outlands

This to me is the biggest mistake Blizzard could make. Sending us back in time means that nothing our characters do will move the storyline forward in any appreciable manner. We'll only be resetting things to the proper timeline (a timeline we're all well aware of) at the end of which whatever evil was causing the rift will be dealt with and we're back to where we started... oh joy. That's exciting. What's worse is if the other theories are true and one of the end bosses is Hellscream. I mean seriously? I want to give Blizzard credit and say they aren't so narrow in sight as to think a second end-game Hellscream boss is a good idea but who knows anymore.

3.) Quasi-Repaired Outlands

... maybe the best option of the 3 I've seen theorized, but in my opinion still not great. It's basically Mists v2.0. "Oh look we suddenly found this new unexplored area of Outlands that is totally untouched by the devastation of the Dark Portal. Let's explore!"

#####

And of course none of this touches upon the fact that it would be very difficult for Blizzard to make an Outlands-centric expansion that did not heavily revolve around an Orc storyline. We've been dealing with Orc Storylines pretty heavily of late and I have to imagine that even the most fanboy of the Horde is interested in exploring the OTHER facets of Warcraft Lore.

Or for that matter... WHY? WHY are the Horde and Alliance compelled to leave Azeroth in its current state and explore another world? The Cataclsym devastated this world. Our little foray into Pandaria didn't help matters. Azeroth is a big pile of dung and it needs some TLC. So why are we leaving? Is there hope in Outlands of some Titan device to restore Azeroth? Are we given the promise of being able to undo Deathwing's devastation by going back in time? Doubtful.

I think it'd be cool, especially since it'll be Warcraft 1's 20th anniversary next year. I'm kinda hoping it's a prequel to Warcraft I, letting us play through the history of the Orc clans and their corruption, and the backstory of the Draenei too.

...well it sounded cool to me. :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    I still don't believe Warlords of Draenor is the WoW expansion. Sure, it's a Blizzard game, but doubt it's WoW expansion.
    Me too, each WoW expansions had very cool titles. This doesn't fit well I think. Warlords is so much an exaggerated word.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    I think it'd be cool, especially since it'll be Warcraft 1's 20th anniversary next year. I'm kinda hoping it's a prequel to Warcraft I, letting us play through the history of the Orc clans and their corruption, and the backstory of the Draenei too.

...well it sounded cool to me. :/
    Didn't considered it, gj

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    Me too, each WoW expansions had very cool titles. This doesn't fit well I think. Warlords is so much an exaggerated word.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't considered it, gj

Im still sticking to The Dark Below, it has to be Dark goddamnit!!

Just found some interesting information from a source I am not allowed to reveal:

-Warcraft 4 is being announced on Friday, it's called Warlords of Draenor.

-Warcraft 4 & WoW players will be able to play together

-Raids will consist of large city sieges and base building RTS style, combined with traditional raiding for boss fights bringing excitement back to trash pulls

-Player housing is being implemented, however it will be RTS style and you can be raided by other players

-WoW players can "hire" WC4 players to raid cities, and WC4 players can "hire" WoW players to raid bosses, teamwork and strategy are key

.....yeah.... so, I was typing all that as a joke, and then I actually kind of got excited for the possibility of such a thing to actually work lol
    Last edited by Louis CK; 2013-11-05 at 01:59 PM.

Also, why can't we just make a metathread for all the "WoD = x, but not expansion" threads and lock the rest. People are so silly sometimes.
    Because everybody needs to make their own "the REAL reason/ WHY my opinion are fact" threads.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    I don't see why not. They got a lot of lore now to build on that World of Warcraft has hardly touched, especially if they go backwards in time.

Good point.

I always thought that a Warcraft IV would be awesome between expansions. Something like:
    WC1-->WC2(+exp)--->WC3(+exp)--->Vanilla wow---->BC---->Wrath--->Cataclysm--->MoP--->WCIV--->WoW exp 5.

Why I thought that? Let's see the possible clients of this WC IV:
    -7M players of wow, that want to jump to exp.5, and they want to know what happened between exp 5 and MoP.
    -RTS funs: People that bought SC/WC and are funs of RTS (and don't care about WoW).
    -exWoW players that liked warcraft (they played wow but only liked the Wc rts games).
    -Other people that un-sub during Cata/MoP that want to know what is happening in the warcraft lore.

And looking for the competence of other RTS games, Blizzard is really high on the list at this moment.
    And doing this, you are creating more possible clients to wow (people that don't play wow, but will try If they likes WCIV story).

------------------------------------------->MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course it's just an speculation, but would be an awesome financial tactic in the future.

Deleted

i recall you saying you have sources that say WoD is not X5.
    ???