Page 1 of 2
LastLast

To those who doubt WoD because of "tablet PCs" in the trademark

I'm not saying Warlords of Draenor is the next expansion, but if "nu tablet pcs" is your only reasoning behind it not being the expansion that's about as hopeless as the people who were convinced Mists of Pandaria was going to be a mobile game of some sort.

The Warlords of Draenor trademark is aptly timed, and current speculative theories fit the lore (Draenor being the name of Outland prior to it being torn apart, Wrathion hinting heavily at an assault from the Legion, Draenor being in the past, the Bronze Dragonflight suddenly getting very involved with us via the Timeless Isle).

This segment is what people are using to say it isn't the next expansion:
    Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs
    I think it could easily just be Blizzard expanding their trademark to cover all the bases. World of Warcraft has a mobile component with the Mobile Armory. Additionally, within the last two years Windows 8 and developments in the computer industry have resulted in things like the Surface, a computer which can be a tablet PC or laptop via touch screen and detachable keyboard. If devices which are able to run World of Warcraft are expanding, it only makes sense that the trademark expands as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    The technical verbiage is a blanket cover by the patent office. It doesn not imply the new patent will be specifically for Tablet PCs. Most people cannot understand legalese.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gerhard2202 View Post
    I'm not saying Warlords of Draenor is the next expansion, but if "nu tablet pcs" is your only reasoning behind it not being the expansion that's about as hopeless as the people who were convinced Mists of Pandaria was going to be a mobile game of some sort.

The Warlords of Draenor trademark is aptly timed, and current speculative theories fit the lore (Draenor being the name of Outland prior to it being torn apart, Wrathion hinting heavily at an assault from the Legion, Draenor being in the past, the Bronze Dragonflight suddenly getting very involved with us via the Timeless Isle).

I think it could easily just be Blizzard expanding their trademark to cover all the bases. World of Warcraft has a mobile component with the Mobile Armory. Additionally, within the last two years Windows 8 and developments in the computer industry have resulted in things like the Surface, a computer which can be a tablet PC or laptop via touch screen and detachable keyboard. If devices which are able to run World of Warcraft are expanding, it only makes sense that the trademark expands as well.
    It could be that they are covering all their bases, but why haven't they also done that with Reaper of Souls and Hearthstone? I never claimed anything I said is evidence. I have no evidence. I'm merely saying what I think makes sense and what doesn't make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the love of god, post in existing threads. General is hard to read as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gerhard2202 View Post

The code used to not have that classification in it so I am wondering if it had to be added because of Windows 8. I have to agree with you about the Windows 8 development and its a good blanket with what windows keeps developing in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also wouldn't that specification be needed if the next expansion introduced features accessable by mobile/tablet? Like an expanded Armory or pet battles or something?
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    It could be that they are covering all their bases, but why haven't they also done that with Reaper of Souls and Hearthstone? I never claimed anything I said is evidence. I have no evidence. I'm merely saying what I think makes sense and what doesn't make sense.
    Of course it doesn't make sense, people are falling into desparation mode hoping that they are right as they jumped the bandwagon, the moment the trademark was announced. Usually we see a trademark 2 months in adavance, Well we did, but it disappeared & that is that. But it almost like people don't wanna be wrong & will jump ship if they are wrong..

Unless the Armory is gunna have a the new WoW Expansion logo & name on it than maybe, but all it is called is World of Warcraft Mobile Armory. It should be trademarked in the World of Warcraft Trademark don't you think ?
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's filed under the exact same goods & services classifications as Mists of Pandaria.

The definition has simply been expanded to include portable electronic devices. It's really not a valid argument to say that it can't be WoW as a result. World of Warcraft can be played on many modern portable electronic devices, and Blizzard also offers apps that are integrated with the WoW experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    It's filed under the exact same goods & services classifications as Mists of Pandaria.

The definition has simply been expanded to include portable electronic devices. It's really not a valid argument to say that it can't be WoW as a result. World of Warcraft can be played on many modern portable electronic devices, and Blizzard also offers apps that are integrated with the WoW experience.
    You do realize Hearthstone, Reaper of Souls & Heroes of the Storm are all filed under the same thing aswell.

Hearthstone & Reaper Souls both have the downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices in there trademark that MoP has in it's trademark, so the BS that rules changed & you have to trademark for portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs. Is total BS & doesn't mean its the WoW Xpac.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-11-05 at 05:31 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, and...? The goods & services classifications have nothing to do with anything other than what type of good and service is being offered. It's a stupid thing to base any sort of argument on.

Or, "it's not filed under mousepad's so it can't be an expansion!!!" I don't understand trademark laws, or any of that, and there is something to say about not believing everything you see on the internet, but when someone who has proven credibility like Boub has over the years says "I'm pretty confident this will be the next expansion" I'm more apt to believe him.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    You do realize Hearthstone, Reaper of Souls & Heroes of the Storm are all filed under the same thing aswell.
    Yes, but they wouldn't trademark anything they wouldn't release next year or so. Titan or any new game (Warcraft IV or whatever) are too far away. It's also too soon for a Hearhtstone expansion. There really isn't anything else to be announced related to Warcraft, it has to be the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Or, "it's not filed under mousepad's so it can't be an expansion!!!" I don't understand trademark laws, or any of that, and there is something to say about not believing everything you see on the internet, but when someone who has proven credibility like Boub has over the years says "I'm pretty confident this will be the next expansion" I'm more apt to believe him.
    I use to believe it too, treating his word like a god-sent than I really started to see some cracks & they got bigger over time & continue to grow.

Deleted
    It is for the wow app surely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Yes, but they wouldn't trademark anything they wouldn't release next year or so. Both Titan and any new game (Warcraft IV or whatever) are too far away. It's too soon for a Hearhtstone expansion. There really isn't anything else to be announced related to Warcraft, it has to be the expansion.
    Look to the past & see what have they trademarked before it was even released or even development started.

Heart of the Swarm, Legacy of the Void, Starcraft Ghost, Blizzard All-Stars. They could very well Trademark something to keep in reserve you never know.

Hearthstone & Reaper Souls both have the downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices in there trademark that MoP has in it's trademark, so the BS that rules changed & you have to trademark for portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs. Is total BS & doesn't mean its the WoW Xpac.
    You're hilarious, delusional, and an absolute retard.

Please keep it up, I needed a good laugh today.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-11-05 at 10:14 PM.

I use to believe it too, treating his word like a god-sent than I really started to see some cracks & they got bigger over time & continue to grow.
    While I never treated his words as a god-sent, no one is right all the time. I know your heart is set on a Azshara/naga expac, and while i'd like one too, whether this time or the next, I'm gonna have to believe Boub on this one till Friday proves me otherwise.

why isn't nobody talking about those bnet beta profile images? they changed panda to orc. what else can this mean other then wod=x5?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would also like to point out that tablets are getting to be pretty powerful. The line between tablet programs and PC/laptop is starting to get blurred. I think the new additions in the trademark is to account for this.

Deleted
    I expect to see for this expansion a mobile PET-Battle game . Attached to the expansion.