1. #1

    Feral DPS question regarding Trinkets.

    Hello everyone,

    I'm kinda struggling on what to do with the following:
    I've got Rune of Re-Origination (530) and HC TF(549)Renataki's Soul Charm.
    I just got Haromm's Talisman:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=102301/

    Is it worth to either drop RoRo or R Soul Charm?
    Would i gain more DEEPS from it?

    Most people say i need to ditch RoRo but i'm like, no man it's still BiS maybe crap to reforge everytime u change anything in ur gear but it's fun to play with ( Like Bribe/MC on trash before Haromm, Rune procs and i put up an insane ticking rip and rake on someone of my team and he dies )

    FYI: At the moment im running ToT HC and planning on doing that till i get my HC RoRo and hopefully TF

    Also trying to get TED from siege normal, maybe that together with Haromm's Talisman should be better then RoRo and my Soul charm combination.

    Armory link:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ijsje/advanced

    Thanks in advance

    Cheers and ROAR!!

    Softijsje

  2. #2
    As far as I am aware my feral's have been running H-ToT for the past few weeks to get their H-RoRo due to the scaling potential that it offers. Multiple times when I question (we are offspeccing heroic Agi trinkets now) if the H-WF trinkets are better, they stand by the sims of using a proper reforged RoRo.

    Edit: I believe right now using RoRo+Haromm's will be best for right now, but I don't have my sim program on this computer to confirm. The multistrike trinkets are quite good when paired with AMP/CDR trinkets due to scaling a flat 33% damage, which only gets better with gear.
    Last edited by Justinsroy; 2013-11-05 at 03:26 PM.

  3. #3
    RoRo and Haromm's would most likely be the best choice from what you currently have, assuming proper reforges and gemming. The best answer would be to run yourself though Catus, but most reports have even a normal RoRo being better than all ToT trinks and any lfr or flex SoO trinks. If you were to get a normal TED, it would most likely be better on sims than your RoRo, but that assumes you can repeatedly take advantage of the TED proc, which can be annoying.

  4. #4
    I had a similar problem lately (deciding between trinkets) and it was recommended that I download "Cactus" and use the trinket simulator. IT'S AMAZING! It allows you to sim out all the possible combinations of trinkets you wan and ranks them in order. Cactus is super easy to use, and the link below has a guide, and download available on the forum.
    http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4574

    Sig Courtesy of Yoni

  5. #5
    no need for sim, ror+harmon for now, after you get any hcs trinket you got to change normal rune

  6. #6
    "no need for sim, ror+harmon for now"
    This isn't directed at you and nor am I disagreeing with you, but in general, it seems silly to say this when you can just do the simulation and get actual results. Working backwards from what's BiS at 580 isn't a good strategy. Even if it ends up being true, it's the right answer for the wrong reason.

    As I raider, I think one of the most important things is trying to improve your performance week after week. While some of us have access to lots of gear options, many of us are stuck with bad luck (esp in 10m) and never really have a "BiS" set.

    Knowing what's BiS 20 upgrades from now is pointless if there's a combination of gear in my bags right now that can give me another few thousand DPS.

    Additionally, knowing that elusive "XYZ" is only another "2K DPS" ahead of your current gear is very reassuring. You can divert your thoughts from "man, if I only had XYZ..." and instead, focus on how you can be come a better kitty

    Also, the quantified approach lets you pass intermediate upgrades to other players in your raid that might benefit from it more, and you can be confident that you aren't missing out on critical gear.
    Last edited by raffy; 2013-11-06 at 09:21 AM.

  7. #7
    Hi people,

    Thanks for all your help and suggestions very much appreciated!

    I have ran myself trough the sims and it works like a charm!
    This is what i've got from it:



    Going for Rune(530) + Haromm's(561)

    Thanks again!

    Cheers.
    Softy

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Justinsroy View Post
    As far as I am aware my feral's have been running H-ToT for the past few weeks to get their H-RoRo due to the scaling potential that it offers.
    Yes, and it is so frustrating. It's just a lottery what kind of group you get. Even with Openraid and 13/13 hc exp only you still get this terrible people and you spend 3-4 hours getting to Lei Shen and then you can't kill it because the tank has no clue what to do or something. And when you get a good group that kill it, nope no rune, gold with coin, and a big middle finger to your face.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by inferior2 View Post
    Yes, and it is so frustrating. It's just a lottery what kind of group you get. Even with Openraid and 13/13 hc exp only you still get this terrible people and you spend 3-4 hours getting to Lei Shen and then you can't kill it because the tank has no clue what to do or something. And when you get a good group that kill it, nope no rune, gold with coin, and a big middle finger to your face.
    What we are trying to do now with my guild is that i get my alt saved on Lei Shen HC.
    Every week we are going back only for Lei Shen and Ra-Den items.
    I'll just log on my alt with the extended raid lockout.
    Someone else goes in the instance and i log out on my alt so i keep the save.
    Going back in with my main and we kill it.

    Dunno if that works but it worked for me with Ulduar 25/LK HC 25.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Softijsje View Post
    What we are trying to do now with my guild is that i get my alt saved on Lei Shen HC.
    Every week we are going back only for Lei Shen and Ra-Den items.
    I'll just log on my alt with the extended raid lockout.
    Someone else goes in the instance and i log out on my alt so i keep the save.
    Going back in with my main and we kill it.

    Dunno if that works but it worked for me with Ulduar 25/LK HC 25.
    If that works that would be very nice. I'm not sure how it would work though. If your alt gets saved to the heroic id and if Lei Shen is killed and you extend it with your alt then he will be killed in that extended raid as well, no?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by inferior2 View Post
    If that works that would be very nice. I'm not sure how it would work though. If your alt gets saved to the heroic id and if Lei Shen is killed and you extend it with your alt then he will be killed in that extended raid as well, no?
    I guess not since it worked for Ulduar 25 and ICC 25 :P
    Lets just hope so

    Gonna try next reset, will update it in here.

  12. #12
    I would perhaps take Catus with a grain of salt though, It simmed that the cd reduction trinket would be a DPS gain for me by a few thousand, but I noticed a HUGE drop in dps when i swapped my TF RoRo for it, even though it said to do that.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    I would perhaps take Catus with a grain of salt though, It simmed that the cd reduction trinket would be a DPS gain for me by a few thousand, but I noticed a HUGE drop in dps when i swapped my TF RoRo for it, even though it said to do that.
    What was your sample size? A few pulls? A target dummy?
    Almost any combination of trinkets can appear "godly" on one pull.
    Were you doing an encounter that differs from Patchwerk?
    Was the combat time was different? Did your buffs match your sim?

    The trinket ranking is relative to the encounter you have selected. So if you aren't doing a Patchwerk-like fight, the volatility associated with the encounter is probably much larger than accuracy of the sim.

    For example, if you use the default settings, Catus is never going to say the Sigil is good. But if you use the cleave encounter, and setup something that approximates Galakras, you'll get a different picture regarding what's best.

    I agree Catus is just a tool, has tons of limitations, and it's results shouldn't be taken as proof. But there is no such thing as "BiS" across all encounters. Catus is doing it's best to generate results specific to whatever you tell it to do. If you're judging the best by a ~7.5 minute Patchwerk, and in-game, your doing 4 minutes of AoE, that's not the fault of Catus.

    The value of Catus is that most of these situations are impracticable to test in-game with any degree of certainty. Even if you asked what everyone else was doing and collected everyone's reports, you'd still get a severely biased picture because it would all be relative to whatever they thought was best. Like, if no one used the Sigil, how could you tell it was good? You can see this effect 25H where you'll find a large number of Ferals that never use HotW. Does that mean HotW is bad? Or just that they refuse to try HotW?

    Also, many people have repeated the AoC disclaimer: it's value depends greatly on proc alignment with Berserk. As the fight duration increases for lower level AoC's, the likelihood of the proc missing your Berserk increases.

    SoO is probably the first time in a long time where we have a bunch of trinket choices that are all good AND can be swapped in-and-out for the most part w/o changing your reforging. Both DoC and HotW are competitive. We can swap SotF for FoN. We can even be Mastery reforged (if we drop the Rune.) Unlike ToT (with the exception of Lei Shen), "DoC/SotF/WildCharge/Bash/Rune/(Rena|Juju)" set-and-it-forget-it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •