Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    WoD most likely is not an Hearthstone xpac, considering hearthstone isnt even released yet. Its not even in an open beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Guy View Post
    So you're saying Boub is 100% correct then all the time?

You heard it here first, Boub can never be wrong
    Exactly this.

He says he is "very confident" not this is definately next expansion.

Edit.

I wish Blizzard would just say yes this is expansion 5 or not to stop all this bullshit bickering.
    Last edited by Leonheart327; 2013-11-05 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    My 6 year old did not want to try cream corn because it 'looked icky' but I convinced her to try it and now she asks to eat any left overs of cream of corn that we don't eat. My 6 year old is capable of more reason and maturity than someone who makes a decision of wether or not to try an expansion based on the opinions of a bunch of people who have no clue what they are talking about.

You're reaching now. Or you're simply overlooking the more basic points of my post and being intentionally obtuse in attempt to grant yourself some contrived non-existent point. I pretty much openly, and explicitly added that I will wait until Friday to judge whether I like the theme and story or not. But I guess I need to bold that for a select group of people, or they will simply overlook it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    If it's really as bad as people make it seem (with some leaks, and we'll see on Friday), I might in fact sit this one out.
    I have to admit, the thought of a daddy issue driven time travel expansion is certainly one that does rub me the wrong way. I was strongly against MoP, and my fear regarding the dumb cliche and terrible troll filler content were - like always - justified in my opinion, but overall I enjoyed the expansion. The exposition they gave their lore characters this time around, especially the filler content of 5.1 and the initial raids as well as SoO were good though. Especially after the Cataclysm disaster. But a time travel expansion like many of the 'leaks' (brainfarts is fitting word as well) suggest is something I can't see myself enjoying. Maybe the initial content, just because I can then take it as a little episode of WoW, but trying to immerse myself in it for a whole year and longer? Can't see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I have to admit, the thought of a daddy issue driven time travel expansion is certainly one that does rub me the wrong way. I was strongly against MoP, and my fear regarding the dumb cliche and terrible troll filler content were - like always - justified in my opinion, but overall I enjoyed the expansion. The exposition they gave their lore characters this time around, especially the filler content of 5.1 and the initial raids as well as SoO were good though. Especially after the Cataclysm disaster. But a time travel expansion like many of the 'leaks' (brainfarts is fitting word as well) suggest is something I can't see myself enjoying. Maybe the initial content, just because I can then take it as a little episode of WoW, but trying to immerse myself in it for a whole year and longer? Can't see that happening.

I have never been 'against' an expansion, not even Mists of Pandaria. I didn't believe it at first, but I was fairly positive when it was getting more likely to be the truth. (and after the eventual reveal)

I also enjoyed Mists of Pandaria, and I feel I could enjoy an expansion that takes place in Draenor if they added new parts, or if the Draenor we went to was what was left relatively in one piece, with the part where we went to in TBC being the part that broke off and started levitating in the nether. I could enjoy Draenor, but I would not enjoy the time traveling idea. Even less if another orc is the main villain, and it is Grom. Sorry, but it sounds beyond horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    You bring up a good point. I can't explain that; Maybe they considered it covered under wireless devices before, but needed it changed this time around? I honestly don't know.
    No because Hearthstone & Reaper of Souls have that same line as MoP does about wireless devices & they are 2013 trademarks, yet only Heroes & Warlords have the line speaking about tablets, laptop & handheld devices also worth noting there wording for each is the exact same thing. That's Nind is trying to explain. the only thing is Warlords has both providing on-line computer games; providing on-line non-downloadable while Heroes only has providing on-line computer games.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-11-05 at 05:54 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

because they're so far into denial that they have fooled themselves into believing that blizzard has developed expansion packs for a game that isn't even out of beta yet.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonheart327 View Post
    Sorry the REAL question is.

Why does it have to be the next WoW expansion?

Whoops Yarathir got there first
    I believe I was the first in this thread to say it (first page)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Guy View Post
    So you're saying Boub is 100% correct then all the time?

You heard it here first, Boub can never be wrong
    We don't even know what he's referring to.

Is he confident it's the next WoW expansion? Hearthstone expansion? Warcraft 4?

Or is he simply confident that it's a real trademark this time (most like scenario, IMO)? People see one little line from Boub, and suddenly Boub is the heavenly Buddha who can do no wrong and has never been wrong, so this means he is the new Herald and is traveling across the land preaching the new expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    But when it raises peoples' hopes and expectations to a level that Blizzard can't possibly attain?

The rampant speculation is bad. We saw it with games like AC3 and DA2. Speculation and repeatedly raised hopes through "leaks," and speculation, both of which is happening here quite alarmingly, dashed those games to the ground before they even had a chance. They were both great games for what they were. Certainly could've been better, but they were fine. And what do we hear about them? They sucked, because they didn't play to people's unreasonably expectations.

The same thing is happening now. And so many people are dead set on it being the expansion and about time travel. What if it isn't? Blizzard will literally have WW3 because of it.

They won't have WW3 because this happens no matter what. If people raise their hopes too high that is their own fault and shouldn't negate the opinions and ideas of others.

People raise their hopes up too high even when the exact info is right in their faces. It'll happen regardless of the amount of speculation here or anywhere else.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Hearthstone is still in BETA. Why all the Xpac talks for a game the General Public can't even play?
    cos people choose nothing better to do with their time and their ability to believe.

I don't know about that. I was fully convinced that WoD was the WoW expansion until the post up above, where they pointed out this little bit in the trademark:

Non-downloadable is not present in ANY of the current Blizzard trademarks, and that's concerning. Non-downloadable would mean no patches nor digital download.
    Browser based game?

Entirely possible. But it indeed begs the question: What is WoD supposed to be if it isn't something we are allowed to download? It's clearly a game, and it has to do with WoW for sure. But if it has no digital download, and has mobile capability, I'm honestly stumped.
    Maybe a new rts browser game. That's why they registered the website as well. This would be a perfect avenue for mobile gaming, especially tablets.

They are in denial.

There's no reason at all why they would announce an expansion for a game that isn't even released yet, let a alone a game that's actually going to be free, and hence "expansions" doesn't even make sense.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Deleted
    I dunno, I'm not quite convinced. :/

At worst, we have an expansion where we basically fuck up the space time continuum and all current lore is erased and replaced.
    At best, nothing of major importance gets changed, and we basically know the end of the expansion before it even starts.

I don't really see it being a good play either way.
    That's exactly the dilemma of a time-based expansion. Either we'll completely change everything or nothing changes and our heroes won't really progress. But I like what our heroes would be confronted with. "we can make things right, but are we even allowed to? and we don't know what unforeseen consequences that could have."

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about that. I was fully convinced that WoD was the WoW expansion until the post up above, where they pointed out this little bit in the trademark:

Non-downloadable is not present in ANY of the current Blizzard trademarks, and that's concerning. Non-downloadable would mean no patches nor digital download.
    That's a good point. But Heroes of the Storm has that line too, will they not get patches or a digital download? You can download every game from Battle.net. And if it's a browser game, why trademark game discs?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    But when it raises peoples' hopes and expectations to a level that Blizzard can't possibly attain?

The rampant speculation is bad. We saw it with games like AC3 and DA2. Speculation and repeatedly raised hopes through "leaks," and speculation, both of which is happening here quite alarmingly, dashed those games to the ground before they even had a chance. They were both great games for what they were. Certainly could've been better, but they were fine. And what do we hear about them? They sucked, because they didn't play to people's unreasonably expectations.

The same thing is happening now. And so many people are dead set on it being the expansion and about time travel. What if it isn't? Blizzard will literally have WW3 because of it.

It's a card game and is, for all intents and purposes, finished. Card games generally release new cards and packs every few months or so. Wouldn't surprise me if it was for Hearthstone, because that's how card games work. Content for them is released fast.

What if it isn't though? I'm not saying it isn't the next expansion, but read what you're saying. You're all but dead set in your mind that WoD is the next expansion, and it is about time travel. How pissed are you going to be if Blizzard reveals the next expansion and it isn't about time travel or even isn't WoD at all?
    I would probably have to do a double take if there isn't time travel in WoD.

Because I don't want time travel. I've been fighting since Friday afternoon to show people why those two leaks are bogus.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

trademarks change, they update and upgrade, the technology changes, companies add more clauses to ensure better protection to their intellectual property etc, I won't read too much into it. Non-downloadable computer games covers CDs/DvDs and browser based only media jus t in case someone decides to provide their counterfeit only as a distributable non-downloadable game or browser only. It just covers more bases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    trademarks change, they update and upgrade, the technology changes, companies add more clauses to ensure better protection to their intellectual property etc, I won't read too much into it. Non-downloadable computer games covers CDs/DvDs only media jus t in case someone decides to provide their ocunterfeit only as a distributable non-downloadable game
    But Reaper of Souls was trademarked only a couple of months ago, shortly before Gamescom. Why didn't they include mobile stuff there too, just in case. Blizzard isn't stupid and they've been doing games for a long time, been doing WoW games for almost a decade now. Did they really not think of it until now?

Or even more out of left field - a console game. Solely through game disc media.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I would probably have to do a double take if there isn't time travel in WoD.

Because I don't want time travel. I've been fighting since Friday afternoon to show people why those two leaks are bogus.
    An expire expansion based on time travel would be odd, to say the least. Yeah, it could be cool. But it'd also be extremely easy to fuck up. Most of the "concepts" we have have us going back and stopping Garrosh from doing his thing on Old Draenor.

There's 2 issues I have with this: 1. It fucks up the entire Warcraft storyline, right from the get-go. Just the act of going back in time essentially is a reset button. And 2. Gigantic plot hole: if we're stopping Garrosh again, why don't we just stop him from ever going back in time, rather than following him and fucking shit up worse?

But it'd be cooler to have a different expansion entirely, and have WoD be an RTS (Warcraft 4, if you will), based on the Horde's rise (both the time period and Christie Golden's book), with both Orc and Draenei campaigns. I digress though, since "I'm just delusional and don't see the obvious awesomeness."

Why would they be working on an xpac for game that's still in beta? WoD is the next wow expansion, I'm gonna say I'm 100% sure