Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Heroes of the Storm's trademark actually does NOT include that line.

http://www.blizzplanet.com/wp-conten...mark-in-us.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Given that Heroes of the Storm (Which was only revealed to be a trademark a MONTH ago at most) does not include that line, I would be hard pressed to believe it changed that fast.
    Ah, damn, you're right. We were already talking about how HotS and WoD are exactly the same, yet I didn't see that WoD has that word non-downloadable. I totally overlooked that. That's interesting. Console game makes a lot of sense now. Or, you know...

Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2013-11-05 at 07:56 PM.

Because they have no concept of generalized categories and the fact that laptops are portable devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Because they have no concept of generalized categories and the fact that laptops are portable devices.
    You're not keeping up with the discussion. That's why discussions here can be so tiresome. We've said that other games like Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls will also be playable on laptops, yet that category doesn't appear there, and it's been trademarked just recently. I'm not an expert, but I bet that this category is not there for games that run on laptops, because every game runs on laptops, right? Almost every game I would bet. I would say that this category is for games who are specifically designed for certain portable devices. WoW runs on laptops, but there is no special laptop version of the game right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    You're not keeping up with the discussion. That's why discussions here can be so tiresome. We've said that other games like Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls will also be playable on laptops, yet that category doesn't appear there, and it's been trademarked just recently. I'm not an expert, but I bet that this category is not there for games that run on laptops, because every game runs on laptops, right? Almost every game I would bet. I would say that this category is for games who are specifically designed for certain portable devices. WoW runs on laptops, but there is no special laptop version of the game right?
    Well the thing is, it seems like there are people out there that seem to think they need to register something before they release it, this is not the case.
    You choose a category in which you wish to register, then you need to specify, making it too specific gives the chance someone uses the IP outside of the registered categories, making it too broad increases the chance of objections.

Tbh it's a huge company with several lawyers and several employees beneath them handling these registrations, they probably have a policy but as with everything have some margin within that policy, one registration could be different from another.

Also keep in mind that trademark and patent law is extremely difficult and its far more complicated then just looking up words, you have to keep in mind that there is a lot more involved for instance jurisprudence.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    boub is just trying to appear clever and in-the-know. he doesn't actually know what it is unless he works for blizzard and broke an agreement.
    You've been here since 2012 so we'll pretend you didn't say that. But seriously.. he does have contact(s). He's been right about every expansion dating back as far as I remember. I don't know if he just has a friend at Blizzard EU who can't keep a secret or if Blizzard EU likes to "leak" a few details just prior to Blizzcon to start the hype train going. But for him to say he is confident on a personal level is a big commitment. If he's wrong, he (and his baby that's one of the biggest and oldest wow websites around) is going to look rather silly. He doesn't need to grandstand or show off.

Deleted
    i dont get it either hs and portable devices muah...
    the chinese firm who ripped hs off will release that not blizz - blizzard is to big and slow to do changes

so yes WoD is xpac