• Netherwing Drakonid

24 10.17%
  • Ogre

99 41.95%
  • Sporeling

18 7.63%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'd hate Arakkoa for the Alliance and it would be the first Alliance race I wouldn't create.

So from that poll, Ogres for the horde, and honestly, I wouldn't want any of the others.

So Alliance is still open to me.

Edit: Drakonid possibly if they literally reworked their entire model to actually look....good.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Prepare for your Sporeling overlords!

The Age of the Fungus has begun.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Its entirely possible that you could end up playing a high elf from before Arthas scored a touchdown in their sunwell when they became blood elves.
    Alright, usually I lurk, but that was beautiful, thanks for the laugh.

Now that I'm here though, I understand the want for Ogre and Arakkoa, and I'd probably be fine with any race (Sporelings are iffy, small races and I don't mix well. More power to you if you're of a different opinion!) they chose to implement.
    But when the OP put up Half-Orc/Draenei in that poll, it blew my mind. It could probably be a neutral race, since I doubt they'd make everyone hate them and put them in some third, universally hated, misfit faction.

The main thing I'm looking into, (It's not confirmed or anything like that, it's just what I expect.) is that the next race, or one of if they make two, will be able to be a paladin, as it is the only class the last three new races can't play as. Yeah, we got Tauren on the Light-train but it's just weird for one class to be so far and away from new races, especially when you notice that Paladins are also the only class to get only one new race available to play them from Cataclysm, that race being Tauren.

If we're going to go into Draenor, (or Dark Below, can't count it out until something's confirmed.) we'll probably have something to do with divine warriors fighting against demons or abominations. I can't see Ogres or Arakkoa being Paladins... then again there's a whole hell of a lot of Paladin gear that looks avian, who knows, maybe Arakkoa COULD be them.

Half-Draenei/Orcs could probably do it, Sporelings probably not, I expect Mag'har to be a sub-race type if anything, (but it would be neat if sub-races could be different classes) Drakonids can do whatever the hell they want because they've got Draconic blood pumping through their veins and don't have time for mortal rules.

This is just a squee segment, but if we got Ethereals as a Neutral race and they could be Paladins, I would play the absolute hell out of them. Love me some golden-voiced, space essence mummies.

Now the problem here is even if the Arakkoa were playable as a race, and they were Alliance and something else, like Ogre went Horde as expected, this would mean there are 4 Paladin races on Alliance side and still just 2 on Horde side. There would finally be a new race that could be a paladin, but equality wouldn't be there in the classes.

Shaman's are kind of in the same boat, but Pandaren can join the Alliance. That gives the Alliance 3 Shaman races to the Horde's 5, now I'm okay with that because 3 races being able to play one class is good variety, and the Horde were the first Shamans, so they should have at least one more race to fill that position.

It's the same with Alliance and Paladins, I'm fine with them having another Paladin race, but you're basically locked into Blood Elf as Horde because of aesthetics, interrupt/silence, and reduced magic damage. I know other people love Paladin Taurens, but they're so underrepresented in the Horde. Blood Elf Paladins have nearly 3.5x the number of Tauren Paladins.

I dunno, maybe it only bothers me, but I've blabbered on about this hunch for a while now and I don't wanna derail the thread. Words, words, words.

Ogres.

Fuck yeah!

half ogre/draenei - ülayable b both factions

But when the OP put up Half-Orc/Draenei in that poll, it blew my mind. It could probably be a neutral race, since I doubt they'd make everyone hate them and put them in some third, universally hated, misfit faction.
    They're the products of rape and grew up(if you can call it that) exclusively in orcish culture. There's nothing about them that's draenei beyond part of their heritage race. There's also only 2 known characters like that, most died in the various wars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres for Horde.

Arakkoa for Alliance.

What? Did you think they had feathers under those robes? Pfft.

(Disclaimer: None of these are my art, honors to the original artists.)
    Last edited by Blufossa; 2013-11-05 at 08:43 PM.

If there is 1 thing that would make me reroll to another race after years and years of playing Horde it will be ETHEREAL !
    Holy crap just imagine an Ethereal mage or priest , o yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    They're the products of rape and grew up(if you can call it that) exclusively in orcish culture. There's nothing about them that's draenei beyond part of their heritage race. There's also only 2 known characters like that, most died in the various wars.
    Yeah, that's true, I guess it's just the novelty of first hearing a race be suggested that I had never thought of as being playable before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kiekaboe View Post
    If there is 1 thing that would make me reroll to another race after years and years of playing Horde it will be ETHEREAL !
    Holy crap just imagine an Ethereal mage or priest , o yeah!
    I feel you, pretty much everything about them is awesome. Voices, stance, casting animation, the double-image they get when they run. Ethereals are love.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the last neutral race (Goblins) went to Horde, there could be a good chance the other neutral race, Ethereals, could be Alliance.

And it would be fun.

I'm just not sure how they would handle keeping them iconic when their wrappings are covered up by armor. Would they pull a Forsaken here to make it work? Have missing spots of armor where the wrappings and glow are showing through?

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Since the last neutral race (Goblins) went to Horde, there could be a good chance the other neutral race, Ethereals, could be Alliance.

And it would be fun.

I'm just not sure how they would handle keeping them iconic when their wrappings are covered up by armor. Would they pull a Forsaken here to make it work? Have missing spots of armor where the wrappings and glow are showing through?
    That could be a really interesting thing to do. I figured they would make them like that, or they would bind themselves to whatever armor they were using. For example, an Ethereal in plate armor might look something like Scorched Earth Xerath with less fire and magma.

I also think that they're pretty likely, if they're ever put in, to go to Alliance, because we already have one sect of the Goblins that went to the Horde and a handful of still-neutral goblin settlements. Plus if Ethereals were on the same side as Goblins, the trade routes would never be the same and the Horde would basically have a Monopoly on everything from this side of Azeroth to that side of the Nether.

Frankly I want Hozen, they are a part of the horde after all (Thanks Gary Hellscream!) and I would of played one in mop if they had been the alternative to the panderan. If I was a Panderan and I went from my turtle island of milk and honey to go to a little pig pen called Orgrimmar and my leader was a douchebag orc who told me that if your not an orc you are barely useful to him I would of suddenly remembered I left my oven on back at turtle island and split. Hozen however fit (IMHO) better in the Horde than impatient Panderan with A.D.D.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichorum View Post
    That could be a really interesting thing to do. I figured they would make them like that, or they would bind themselves to whatever armor they were using. For example, an Ethereal in plate armor might look something like Scorched Earth Xerath with less fire and magma.

I also think that they're pretty likely, if they're ever put in, to go to Alliance, because we already have one sect of the Goblins that went to the Horde and a handful of still-neutral goblin settlements. Plus if Ethereals were on the same side as Goblins, the trade routes would never be the same and the Horde would basically have a Monopoly on everything from this side of Azeroth to that side of the Nether.
    You make some very good points.

And that pic is an awesome idea on implementation.

That seals it for me, I want Alliance Ethereals now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichorum View Post

I did some sketches last night of some potential Ethereal customization options. Might as well post 'em here.

Customization options here are energy color, energy trail styles, energy trail color, bindings, and binding colors.

And this was really lazily done, but I was thinking about the possibility of them having unique geosets for their different armor types, so that the armor would look completely different on them. Based on the same concept that allows armor to look torn up on Forsaken...

Iit's kind of a crappy example since I just grabbed a random transmog look off google image search, but the idea is simple enough.

Edit: Here's another I whipped up. Paladin.

Last edited by Kathranis; 2013-11-05 at 09:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I did some sketches last night of some potential Ethereal customization options. Might as well post 'em here.

Customization options here are energy color, energy trail styles, energy trail color, bindings, and binding colors.

And this was really lazily done, but I was thinking about the possibility of them having unique geosets for their different armor types, so that the armor would look completely different on them. Based on the same concept that allows armor to look torn up on Forsaken...

Iit's kind of a crappy example since I just grabbed a random transmog look off google image search, but the idea is simple enough.
    However crappy you think it is, lol, it still helps illustrate the idea very nicely.

Yep, go team Ethereal!

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    However crappy you think it is, lol, it still helps illustrate the idea very nicely.

Yep, go team Ethereal!
    I'm with him, Kathranis. I didn't even think about varying ways they could hold their essence together and they look very nice. Kudos to you for drawing and sharing!

Deleted
    This looks oki

Quote Originally Posted by Vren View Post
    Too pretty?

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post

Somebody already made a good Ogre female model and I hope Blizzard does the same here as well.
    Perfect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

Awesome pics!
    Oh my god. Those... those are freaking FABULOUS! The paladin armor looks a bit bulky but no less impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres for Horde, no doubt.

I'm thinking High Elves for Alliance because of Alleria, but if it HAD to be a native Draenor race I'd say Drakonid for Alliance, since WoW needs a playable Dragon race.

I'm not feeling Arakkoa or Sporelings. Arakkoa wouldn't look good in armor, and Sporelings are kinda boring IMO.
    Not feeling Ethereal either, they're cool but they would all look too similar to each other (I know they're not native to Draenor but I've seen a lot of people suggesting it) but I want Harpies to be playable as an all-female race in the future and I think Ethereal would be a great male-only counter balance. I don't think Orcs of any kind should be Alliance.
    Last edited by Agoonga; 2013-11-07 at 06:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres for Horde.

Would make perfect sense and Alliance could have a race matching that to.
    For the Horde!