Poll: Which would you prefer to be the next class?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Roll a warrior with arms spec and transmogrify samurai-like gear
    Yes I could do that, but I think they could pull off a skillchain, FFXI-esque Samurai that is completely different from arms warriors.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    The bigger void is with Int plate being exclusive to one spec of one class. That's fucking absurd. Either Ret needs to be moved to Int or one of the DK specs does.
    Easiest solution would be to downgrade holy paladins to mail armor.
    Blizzard could just one-button-convert all intellect plate armor in the game to mail armor. I assume they have the tools for it.
    The armor loss for Holy paladins should be compensated with a passive armor aura. (just like Devotion Aura gave passive armor for paladins pre-MoP)

Retri and Prot paladins would get plate armor as passive from their specialization.

This should have been done for MoP already due to the implementation of specialization passive abilities.

There are few other options for changing some of the armor classes depending on whether or not there is a new class. Assuming there is a new class; there are only two possible armor classes for the new class, int/agi mail or int plate. At the moment mail armor is used by 2 classes only, other armors are 3 classes each.
    If the new class uses intellect plate, there would be no need to downgrade paladins to mail.
    If the new class uses agility mail, intellect plate should be downgraded.

All cloth armor should be spirit cloth, too. Spirit should give warlock and mages hit. It's obnoxious that all spirit cloth armor is used by one class only. Same goes for intellect plate, which has been an issue for years.

The only realistically possible weapons for the new class are agility bows/guns/xbows or caster intellect weapons. The new class can't be a melee class. It would be totally weird if it is a melee, because the previous two new classes (DK & Monk) both have been melee.

TL;DR, the conclusion:
    The new class should be agility mail user who uses bows/guns/xbows and is a ranged dps and a possible healer.
    Paladins will get downgraded to intellect mail and intellect plate is removed from the game (all intellect plate that is in the game now will be converted to mail)

EDIT: Rearranged the text quite a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

People have been throwing in the options for the class; Demon Hunter, Blademaster, Tinkerer, Spellbreaker, Timewarden.

By using my logic, the only possible new class from those options is a Tinkerer, because of the weapons. It would be agility mail user, who uses mainly guns. I bet there could be the possibility for dual wield pistols for the Tinker and Hunter both alike.

Demon Hunter is a melee, so no go. Blademaster is a melee and too warrior-/roguelike, Spellbreaker and Timewarden could work... but my bet is now on Tinkerer.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Easiest solution would be to downgrade holy paladins to mail armor.
    Blizzard could just one-button-convert all intellect plate armor in the game to mail armor. I assume they have the tools for it.
    The armor loss for Holy paladins should be compensated with a passive armor aura. (just like Devotion Aura gave passive armor for paladins pre-MoP)
    An even easier solution would be to simply switch Holy to STR plate, and allow the stats to take care of the rest. Much like DKs still use magic despite the fact they're STR and not INT.

That said, I don't believe that Blizzard views INT plate as a big problem. The lack of a third mail class is a much bigger gap.

None of the above. The next class has to be a range class because of the whole issue with three weapon types (though all range) to only one class. The Blademaster is the warrior not it's own thing. I agree that the Blademaster is not the arms specced warrior. But it is something that could fit into the warrior with possibly a fourth spec based around speed rather than brute force.
    The Demon Hunter is a melee focused class and will never use ranged weaponry. And as many have mentioned most of what the Demon Hunter would be is already occupied by other classes.
    The Tinker, well I suppose it could be the tinker though personally I just believe that a Tinker class would be too different from wow. Sure we have tinkers all around wow but it's mainly taken by the engineering proffesion.

What I'd rather see is a Ranger possibly with one spec to melee. Just so it's not an entirely range damage dealer hunterwithoutpet clone class.

There is an issue with Paladins being the only ones using INT Plate though I see the range weaponry as a bigger issue to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Micromadsen View Post
    The Tinker, well I suppose it could be the tinker though personally I just believe that a Tinker class would be too different from wow. Sure we have tinkers all around wow but it's mainly taken by the engineering proffesion.
    The difference between the Engineering profession and the enemies that use mechanical weapons against players is pretty huge. For example, here's a sampling of what Siegecrafter Blackfuse utilized;

Electrostatic Charge: Siegecrafter Blackfuse charges his target with static electricity, inflicting 250,000 Nature damage. Electrostatic Charge also leaves a lingering effect increasing the damage taken from Electrostatic Charge by 100% increasing damage dealt to targets with Reactive Armor by 1,000%. This effect stacks up to 10 times.

Launch Sawblade — Siegecrafter Blackfuse launches a magnetized sawblade at a random player. The sawblade will hover in place until it is removed by an Activated Electromagnet.

Laser Turret— When activated, Siegecrafter Blackfuse's Laser Turrets fire a beam of energy that tracks a player, leaving behind patches of superheated ground for 60 sec.

Energized Defensive Matrix— If three weapons make it through the Assembly Line and into Blackfuse's assembly machine, the machine will become overcharged and use the excess energy to power the defensive systems on Blackfuse's suit, granting him 90% reduced damage for 20 sec.

None of that is available in Engineering.

Tinker, because it's a niche that hasn't been overly used by various classes. Blademaster, for all intents and purposes, is an Arms Warrior and the Demon Hunter from the RTS is essentially a Demo lock. Even Mountain King has been nullified with Avatar being a talent for Warrior now. Tinker, yes, it's probably going to be closely related to Engineering but most of the Tinker toolkit hasn't been dished out to others. Anyone asking for Demon Hunters is pretty much asking for Demonology to be axed as a spec, which is hardly fair on the Locks that actually like Demonology.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    None of that is available in Engineering.
    True though I did say "I just believe" and I still would rather see a Ranger or even a sodding Pirate before I want to see a Tinker. You even made a rather nice Ranger class post once which I'd much rather see, not to mention play in comparison to a Tinker.
    Last edited by Micromadsen; 2013-11-05 at 10:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    there will be no new playable race for the upcoming expansion, stop these threads please.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithix View Post
    there will be no new playable race for the upcoming expansion, stop these threads please.
    Yes, there will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithix View Post
    Erh I think you are in the wrong thread.

Deleted
    if the next expac does take us to Draenor than I think a Demon Hunter is in order.

I want the tinker class from Warcraft 3 to be playable:

1. Demon Hunter (D3)
    2. Ranger
    3. Warmage
    4. Blademaster
    5. Demon Hunter (WoW)
    6. Anything but a Tinker

Oh and might I add that in a Draenor expac a Ranger would fit just as much as a Demon Hunter. Since the Windrunner sisters are Rangers and we know that Alleria is coming back (atleast in some form or another) that means the other two Windrunners, Sylvanas and Vereesa, will be involved in some form.

I would even dare say a Ranger makes more sense considering that the demon hunters only got to outland because of Illidan. Illidan only went to Outland not Draenor. Where as Alleria and Turalyon went missing before Draenor blew up.
    Last edited by Micromadsen; 2013-11-05 at 10:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clash1 View Post
    1. Demon Hunter (D3)
    Why would a class from Diablo 3 appear in WoW?

Also, wouldn't a bow-using class called a Hunter overlap with the existing bow-using class called a Hunter?

15+ Year Old Account
    I want to see a demonhunter finally implemented, just so that all these fanboys shut the fuck up and I no longer see 50 "demonhunter class ideas" threads per week. And I want demonhunter implemented half-assedly. With at least half of his abilities and mechanics stolen from other classes, also without warglaives, blindfold, and ability to wear no armor on the torso. Basically, a rogue with shadowbolt and metamorphosis. I want them to suffer.

On a serious note, this game lacks a Tinker. Especially with some "chemistry" spec, to finally have a chance to be a Forsaken Apothecary. There are classes for every type of power, mundane or magic - spirits, arcane, demonic, necromancy, chi, nature, light - but yet no class that relies on power of technology.

Why would a class from Diablo 3 appear in WoW?
    The archetype I am talking about wouldn't be called Demon Hunter in WoW. There would be a new spin on it. But, it is time for new lore. New classes. They can't pull from the RTS forever.

Also, wouldn't a bow-using class called a Hunter overlap with the existing bow-using class called a Hunter?
    Dude, we've had this conversation in 2-3 threads already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clash1 View Post
    The archetype I am talking about wouldn't be called Demon Hunter in WoW. There would be a new spin on it. But, it is time for new lore. New classes. They can't pull from the RTS forever.
    Why can't they? There's still a class to pull from it that fits perfectly in the WoW universe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Micromadsen View Post
    First off, we already have f*cking monks. Tinkers belong to WoW since Warcraft 2 - it had dwarven and goblin sappers, zeppelins, submarines, and helicopters. Warcraft 3 had a tinker hero, a goblin chemist hero, dwarf mortar crew and steam tanks. Two entire races are friggin' built around tinkering. And don't tell me about a profession, I could as well say that mages are irrelevant to the game since there's already enchanting and inscription as professions.
    What I'd rather see is a Ranger possibly with one spec to melee. Just so it's not an entirely range damage dealer hunterwithoutpet clone class.
    But what is a ranger if not a hunter, just without pet? Look at it from another angle. Do you think a Tinker would descend to a primitive melee, when there are rifles and crossbows available?

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I voted for both Tinker and DH. I'd be pretty psyched about either. Tinker for sheer uniqueness in relation to the other classes and DH because it would fit best with a Legion themed expac. I would be intrigued to see a Blademaster, but more in a skeptical "how is this going to be any different than warrior" way, then actual excitement.

I would also dig Timewalkers.
    Hehe, same. Was just talking with my friends about a Timewalker class. I read a fan-made one somewhere -- I think it was here?
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge