Poll: Which would you prefer to be the next class?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    I would prefer a Blademaster.

I want to play a Samurai.
    Roll Warrior
    Play Arms or Fury
    Transmog your weapons to Katanas
    ???
    Profit

Demon Hunter and Blade Master would make great fourth specs, but terrible classes in and of themselves. The biggest reason is DM is pretty well covered by locks, DKs, and Huntards, and BlM is pretty much covered by every melee spec out there.

Tinker in my opinion would be a colossal fail unless it was done right the first time and never changed. Since this is WoW it will be changed and they will be crap. Most of Tinker is covered by Engineer profession. The only way I ever see it working is if it was done similar to the Rogue's Tactician tree from Rift, and even then it's sketchy at best.

Tinker is the most unique of the 3

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Blade master = arms warrior with mirror image and invisibility
    Demon hunter = Demo Lock
    Tinker = "unique" But i dislike the name sounds like a word for peeing so if they make it sound cooler id prefer it
    Last edited by Vizardlorde; 2013-11-06 at 12:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    Demon Hunter and Blade Master would make great fourth specs, but terrible classes in and of themselves. The biggest reason is DM is pretty well covered by locks, DKs, and Huntards, and BlM is pretty much covered by every melee spec out there.

Tinker in my opinion would be a colossal fail unless it was done right the first time and never changed. Since this is WoW it will be changed and they will be crap. Most of Tinker is covered by Engineer profession. The only way I ever see it working is if it was done similar to the Rogue's Tactician tree from Rift, and even then it's sketchy at best.
    You're wrong about DHs. The main issues I find people having after reading some of the exchanges on here over the past few days is the fact that they are simply a class affiliated with demons (like warlocks), and that they dual wield.

I can see some logic behind the warlock argument (why not just make a 4th spec?), but the dual wield one puzzles me. In all the pictures and character profiles I have been able to dig up, demon hunters ONLY dual wield. This would make them similar only to rogues as no other class relies soley on dual wield.
    Last edited by Future; 2013-11-06 at 12:15 AM.
    Shadows are cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    You're wrong about DHs. The main issues I find people having after reading some of the exchanges on here over the past few days is the fact that they are simply a class affiliated with demons (like warlocks), and that they dual wield.

I can see some logic behind the warlock argument (why not just make a 4th spec?), but the dual wield one puzzles me. In all the pictures and character profiles I have been able to dig up, demon hunters ONLY dual wield. This would make them similar only to rogues as no other class relies soley on dual wield.
    The dual wielding wouldn't be much of a problem, give the locks a different set of weapon skills when they are in DH spec, Enhancement Shamans are the only Shaman spec that can duel wield so obviously it's not too far fetched to do that.
    Last edited by Selah; 2013-11-06 at 12:36 AM.

None of the above.

I want a Spellbreaker.

Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    The dual wielding wouldn't be much of a problem, give the locks a different set of weapon skills when they are in DH spec, Enhancement Shamans are the only Shaman spec that can duel wield so obviously it's not too far fetched to do that.
    Except that Shamans wear an armor type that supports fighting in melee, armor with stats that is shared by another class. While Blizzard could do stat conversions, it's unlikely to happen just to make a cloth caster become a viable melee spec. Besides, the reason for not having a Demon Hunter class in the first place is because there are too many melee classes.

If you're talking about a Warlock tanking spec, well Dark Apotheosis shows they don't need dual wield warglaives to tank. It would probably be the worst weapon type to use for cloth tanking, considering expertise is required for dual wielding and is non-existent on cloth gear.

My pick would have to be a Timewalker for numerous reasons.

The specs have already been determined in game by the Timewalkers creating a triangle that talk about their roles. The Warden talks about being a defender, so he's play a sort of tank role. The Weaver speaks of casting chronomancy, a school of spells. The Watcher speaks of being more of a scout, so we can look at it as a swift dps spec.

So I see the Timewalker class as being a class that can perform multiple roles as a caster, agi dps, and tank and uses time as a way to enhance themselves and raid party, so all three specs would provide Time Warp, Watchers would provide Attack Speed, and Weavers would provide Spell Haste (a buff that tends to go missing in raids)

Dragonkin would be cool! Maybe dragonkin that posess the powers of the red, blue, a and green dragon flights (3 specs). Red - Tank, Blue- Ranged Caster DPS, Green - Healer.

It's not likely to happen since it won't fit in with Warlords of Draenor, but it's just a nice thought :P

I voted Tinker because it seems the most unique. Not sure many classes would be able to play them though , lore wise.

Gnomes, Dwarves, Goblins, Blood Elves? That's about all I can think of.

I just hope they open up more races for Druids, like Pandaren :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinker seems like the funnest and the only one that's unique enough to be it's own class out of the three, but I would also like to see Bard playable.

Blademaster is too similar to Warrior and boring sounding.

Demon Hunter is too similar to Warlocks and Rogues, and IMO would fit better as a tanking fourth spec for Warlocks.
    Last edited by Agoonga; 2013-11-06 at 02:39 AM.

I have a feeling that instead of creating a new class they're going to give everyone a 4th talent tree

Except for Druids, who will be given the shaft on class changes, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Why would a class from Diablo 3 appear in WoW?

Also, wouldn't a bow-using class called a Hunter overlap with the existing bow-using class called a Hunter?
    Plot twist: Warlords of Draenor combines WoW with the Diablo universe. The Warlords of Draenor are actually the lesser evils. Sargeras is Diablo, Tyrael is Raynor and Sylvanas is Kerrigan. A'dal is Imperius.

None of this makes sense...
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    None of the above.

I want a Spellbreaker.
    The problem with Spellbreakers is that Blizzard eliminated resource targeting abilities. Also Mages utilize a lot of the Spellbreaker's niche via Arcane. I could totally see Control Magic (the ability to control summoned units of other players) become a Mage spell.

Mages also sort of eliminate Timewalkers as well. Mages have Time Warp, Alter Time, Temporal Shields, and have the ability to teleport across space time.

I don't see a lot of design space for a Timewalker class. I'd imagine that they're going to be a faction, and Mages will get more time-based spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Plot twist: Warlords of Draenor combines WoW with the Diablo universe. The Warlords of Draenor are actually the lesser evils. Sargeras is Diablo, Tyrael is Raynor and Sylvanas is Kerrigan. A'dal is Imperius.

None of this makes sense...
    Definitely. A'dal is too passive to be Imperius.

Voted None of the Above. Hoping for Timewalker.

Demon hunter, blademaster is just a warrior, and tinkerer is a profession. Might as well make a leatherworker class while you are at it. Craft leather and throw it at the enemy for megadamage and make leather bandaids.

Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    blademaster is just a warrior, and tinkerer is a profession
    Demon hunter is just Demonology with warglaives.

See? Anyone can claim things.

10+ Year Old Account
    While Tinker seem's like the best option, I can see them implementing DH and make it have unique animations like Monks had. Like, there could be a diagonal strike where your toon does like a spin top sort of thing with their arms stretched out and glaves slicing.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

I want Demon Hunter as a Hero Class. Then we can have a quest where we cut out our own eyes! :3