Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Warlords of Draenor could be a browser game

There was one line, that Fleugen pointed to in another thread, that appears in no other Blizzard trademark.

providing on-line non-downloadable computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network
    Non-downloadable being the key word here. What could this mean? The game can not be downloaded, but is accessed via a global computer network? No patches, no digital download? A browser game, a game for mobile phones, a console game? Then I googled that line and it gave me almost only Warlords of Draenor hits on the first two pages, but it also gave me this

http://www.trademarkify.com.au/list/...mputer%20games

I don't know those games, but I recognized one name. Zynga. Could this really be a browser game?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And now we have officially reached the same arguments as when MoP was trademarked.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    And now we have officially reached the same arguments as when MoP was trademarked.
    Let them hold on to their hope. It's the only thing that keeps them going.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Hey, I hang on just as tight to the belief that all the leaks so far have been BS.

Not hard to hang onto that one, though, with all the bad leaks out there.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    I'm super cereal!

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Then Friday will be a crushing day for them. The tears will flood the streets just like they do for every expansion announcement. That's the good news. Soon all of this "it could be this!" stuff will be over. We will all know.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are some pretty desperate people trying to convince themselves that WoD isn't legitimate.

Deleted
    Guys, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'm just trying to make sense of the information we have.

Name one other expansion that registered its name as a domain?
    TheBurningCrusade? WrathOfTheLichKing? Cataclysm? MistsOfPandaria?
    Oh none, that is pretty good evidence that something isn't right about this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, Mists of Pandaria was worse.
    I can still remember all those people who thought it was 'proven' that it wouldn't be Mists of Pandaria, it was so bad..
    Well to be fair, back then Blizzard said in an interview, that they normally only do fun stuff with Pandaren so history might suggest it's something along those lines. That's why people considered it debunked. I don't blame people for that, even if I still believed in MoP. The MoP trademark didn't have anything in it that made it look like it's not a WoW expansion. People didn't believe in it because they considered Pandaren a joke race. And Blizzard reinforced that image. It was a clever move by Blizzard. People already thought of the Pandaren as a joke race, when Blizzard comes out and says that history suggests they wouldn't do anything serious with them, that's enough for most people, I guess, and that makes perfect sense.

Here's the link where Chilton said it
    http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comm...ts-of-pandaria

Speculation swirled recently regarding Blizzard's decision to trademark 'Mists of Pandaria', as many thought it may indicate the name of the next World of Warcraft expansion. Pandaria, in Warcraft lore, refers to the home of the Pandaren, basically humanoid war pandas you may remember making an appearance as neutral heroes in in Warcraft III. Chilton said the speculation was, "wildly overhyped." He added, "if you look at traditionally how we've handled that race it's been in those secondary products because we haven't realized it in the world. Most of the time when we do anything panda-related it's going to be a comic book or a figurine or something like that."
    And when the Cataclysm Worgen and Goblin masks were datamined they threw in more masks to cover it up.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2013-11-05 at 09:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Name one other expansion that registered its name as a domain?
    TheBurningCrusade? WrathOfTheLichKing? Cataclysm? MistsOfPandaria?
    Oh none, that is pretty good evidence that something isn't right about this.
    Actually uh, Blizz did get domains for the past expansions, the only one that has been renewed though is the Wrath one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MxLionheart View Post
    Actually uh, Blizz did get domains for the past expansions, the only one that has been renewed though is the Wrath one.
    I don't think that it's weird, though, that they would get the domain for a non-WoW game, do you? Especially if it's a... browser game.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    As well as the same reminiscences we heard when Heroes of the Storm was trademarked, complete with statements that anyone who didn't believe it was the next expansion were desperate and delusional. It turned out to be the opposite.

The OP has a definite point. If the next WoW expansion specifically can't be downloaded, that would make it unique among WoW expansions in an extremely odd way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlords of Draenor is by far the most likely candidate. Sure, that doesn't mean it's 100% certain, nothing is until officially released, but it is the most likely. I would have rather had The Dark Below by a mile and a half, but there is better evidence that Warlords of Draenor is the next WoW xpac. It's only 3 more days though, and that's really not all that long to wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    There are some pretty desperate people trying to convince themselves that WoD isn't legitimate.
    Or some things just don't add up.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    There was one line, that Fleugen pointed to in another thread, that appears in no other Blizzard trademark.

Non-downloadable being the key word here. What could this mean? The game can not be downloaded, but is accessed via a global computer network? No patches, no digital download? A browser game, a game for mobile phones, a console game? Then I googled that line and it gave me almost only Warlords of Draenor hits on the first two pages, but it also gave me this

http://www.trademarkify.com.au/list/...mputer%20games

I don't know those games, but I recognized one name. Zynga. Could this really be a browser game?
    If you look it says "computer game discs". I doubt a browser game would require a disc.

Would love a browser based RTC Warlords of Draenor game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    If you look it says "computer game discs". I doubt a browser game would require a disc.
    We know, but Heroes of the Storm says Game Discs aswell & arn't MOBAs F2P. So it comes down again to why would a F2P game need game discs.

It was the Game Discs part in Heroes Trademark that made people think it was the WoW Xpac.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Maybe that has to do with the pet battles going on facebook or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    "computer game discs"

I'll just leave that here.

"Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs.
    Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing on-line non-downloadable computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; providing online news and information in the field of computer games"