Cross server normal raids? How?

There's a guild on my server who killed Garrosh on normal recently using 2 players from a different server. I thought it was flex at first but WoWProgress has them at 14/14 cleared now. They didn't transfer to and back again because the log shows their server name beside their own

Another odd part is the 2 from off server didn't get credit for the kill nor did they get the Ahead of the Curve achievement, while the rest did

maybe connected realms?

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    There's a guild on my server who killed Garrosh on normal recently using 2 players from a different server. I thought it was flex at first but WoWProgress has them at 14/14 cleared now. They didn't transfer to and back again because the log shows their server name beside their own

Another odd part is the 2 from off server didn't get credit for the kill nor did they get the Ahead of the Curve achievement, while the rest did
    Logs can't identify server. It just files them under whatever server you register for.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperviable View Post
    Logs can't identify server. It just files them under whatever server you register for.
    I believe that he's talking about server name next to players in log. This only shows up if they're cross realm.

I believe there's an issue with WoL where flex (which you can do cross-server) is being counted as normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

A better question is: why deny people from doing current tier raids when they're not on the same server?

If it's an issue with Blizzard not wanting 2 people to get server first on a server just because they raiding with a CRZ group- just make it so when you're in a CRZ group for a raid, you're ineligible to get things like server firsts and stuff. Problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImportantLoreInformation View Post
    A better question is: why deny people from doing current tier raids when they're not on the same server?

If it's an issue with Blizzard not wanting 2 people to get server first on a server just because they raiding with a CRZ group- just make it so when you're in a CRZ group for a raid, you're ineligible to get things like server firsts and stuff. Problem solved.
    What the blues have said many times about this is that they feel this would make guilds seem unimportant.