Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    Deleted

To Alliance players : Will you get upset if...

If one of these happen :

1) Turalyon and Alleria follow the path of Tirion/Rhonin, and become neutral to the Horde, for the greater good.
    2) Turalyon is still Alliance but Alleria finds out about what happened to her kingdom and the Blood Elves, and decides to join Lor'themar.
    3) We find out that one of them is dead, or dies in the process of the expansion.
    4) They don't show up at all, for another expansion.

If you want my personal opinion on this, i'd like both of them to show up and join the Alliance. Damn, they even have their own statues in Stormwind, to me they are two important heroes of the Alliance.
    But i have this feeling...that Alleria will choose to protect her kingdom, Quel'Thalas.
    I guess it'll be a tough decision for her : To stay with her husband and her sister Vereesa , or fight for Quel'Thalas...and join her other sister, Sylvanas.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Not really, I'm expecting it.

2. Mad

3.A. Pissed

3.B. Depends on how it's handled.

4. Don't care.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

1. We're expecting it.

2. Mad

3. Mad or depends if they give them a heroic sendoff

4. Furious if it's a heavy Legion expansion and they're not present. If it's Draenor past or Ashara/N'zoth then it obviously doesn't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    If one of these happen :

1) Turalyon and Alleria follow the path of Tirion/Rhonin, and become neutral to the Horde, for the greater good.
    2) Turalyon is still Alliance but Alleria finds out about what happened to her kingdom and the Blood Elves, and decides to join Lor'themar.
    3) We find out that one of them is dead, or dies in the process of the expansion.
    4) They don't show up at all, for another expansion.

If you want my personal opinion on this, i'd like both of them to show up and join the Alliance. Damn, they even have their own statues in Stormwind, to me they are two important heroes of the Alliance.
    But i have this feeling...that Alleria will choose to protect her kingdom, Quel'Thalas.
    I guess it'll be a tough decision for her : To stay with her husband and her sister Vereesa , or fight for Quel'Thalas...and join her other sister, Sylvanas.
    1- Probably what will happen
    2- 2 most probable option
    3- Sounds disapoiting when people wanted to see them for so long
    4- Disapoiting if the exp is legion based

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes to all of them.

Turalyon is an Alliance character. We have Tirion to handle the neutral Paladin stuff. Also for a class that has so much history within the Alliance there haven't been any real Paladins (As in Paladins, not Vindicators etc) since WC3 as they all appear to have moved over to the Argent Crusade.
    Similar to above Alleria was developed as an Alliance character. Have her involved with High Elf/ Blood Elf story as that would be interesting. But she should stay Alliance.
    The only reasons I would have issue with them dying is simply because it feels really lazy to have waited years for development with those characters only to be told "sorry he's/she's dead".
    The longer they are not in game the harder they are going to be to implement. We were also told they would be int he expansion so we would have been lied to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

2. Mad

3.A. Pissed

4. Don't care.
    This is all that needs to be said, Alliance may have HAD more heroes compared to the Horde originally, but now there are little to none that matter in the faction's representation. Losing either of them who were stalwart defenders of the Alliance and what it stood for would be a complete kick in the pants no matter how you look at it.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

2. Mad

3.A. Pissed

4. Don't care.
    This, except 4 would be: Would prefer this to them going neutral.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    This is all that needs to be said, Alliance may have HAD more heroes compared to the Horde originally, but now there are little to none that matter in the faction's representation. Losing either of them who were stalwart defenders of the Alliance and what it stood for would be a complete kick in the pants no matter how you look at it.
    Well my bigger thing is just I don't want the mishandled. They're pretty much the only epic heroes the alliance has. If they just turn up as tombstones, skeletons, or worst of all, in passing by another NPC....

Mishandled to the max. Even if they die, I hope it's in some epic sacrifice to defeat the final boss.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

1 - It's the expected result.
    2 - Isn't likely to happen for the same reason things like the Silver Covenant exist: Uncorrupted High Elves tend to view Blood Elves as traitors who gave into demonic influence in exchange for power. Guess what Alleria has been fighting against for more than a decade now?
    3. Would be a first and I'd like to see it done well.
    4. I'd be confused what Blizzard is doing with them at this point.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes to all of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my bigger thing is just I don't want the mishandled. They're pretty much the only epic heroes the alliance has. If they just turn up as tombstones, skeletons, or worst of all, in passing by another NPC....

Mishandled to the max. Even if they die, I hope it's in some epic sacrifice to defeat the final boss.
    I wouldn't mind that either, but this IS Blizzard, you just know something isn't going to be right, and its my greatest fear that the above will happen in a very disjointing fashion.

They are the only members of the Alliance that aren't a bunch of pussies when it comes to giving the Horde the finger and beating the shit out of them when they deserve it. The heroes of WCIII are long and gone, WCII characters are the only ones left that have some teeth to them still.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2013-11-07 at 05:46 AM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Honestly i stopped caring about "big lor npcs" in wow maybe two expansions ago.

I still play to see new zones and explore stuff, i frankly couldn't care less about which female character metzen chooses to be the subject of his female corruption fetish or whatever his current kink is. Its always just a loosely written way to point people down a path to lfr at this point.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much expecting them to be neutral but it'll annoy the piss out of me.
    Since Blizzard refuses to do anything worthwhile with the Alliance characters who aren't Varian, Anduin or Jaina it'd be nice to get those two on board for some pro-Alliance love.
    Butts.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Yes I'd be annoyed but wouldn't be surprised.

2) Would be even more annoyed if she joined the Horde.

3) Depends on how it's handled like others have said but I would be disappointed if that happened.

4) I would be disappointed but it would give me hope that they're still alive somewhere and will show up in time.

1) apoplectic, could potentially be final straw for alliance lore causing me to quit the game
    2) Would be a bit angry as it makes no sense
    3) If it was handled well then no
    4) No

Deleted
    1) Turalyon going neutral would be bullshit, he's the character the alliance not only wants, but NEEDS

2) I don't care, Alleria is the most overrated "alliance hero" and is more of a Blood Elf than most Blood Elves are. Id actually be more disappointed if they brought her back just to be a close of vereesa who didnt learn anything in all of those WC:2 books

3) if Alleria died, fine, if Turalyon died, not so fine

4) pissed, seeing as Metzen would have lied to us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly worried about the entire expansion; it just appears extremely Horde-centric to me and, honestly, three in a row is getting ridiculous (particularly if Garrosh is a part of it, as I expect he will be). With Turalyon and Alleria in particular, because it's looking like a time-travel expansion, they're effectively going to be living years in the past, which is going to make their storytelling extremely difficult because we won't "catch up" with them and what they've been doing.

If this expansion is what I think and have been told it's going to be, the story is going to end up in such a fucking mess that retcons are likely to be the only solutions.

We'll see.

10+ Year Old Account

2. Mad

3.A. Pissed

4. Don't care.
    I would have to agree, on pretty much every level.

I wouldn't be pissed if one of them died heroically during the expansion, but I'd be upset if they were neutral or joined the Horde.

I think it would be better to have them be Alliance only characters, not neutral. SoO basically killed off every named notable NPC the Horde had that wasn't a faction leader. The Horde needs time to build up a new crop of NPCs, and borrowing Alliance NPCs will just hinder that.