powerlifting friendly gyms in brisbane area

Anyone near brissy know any powerlifting friendly gyms within a 30km radius from the cbd?
    The gym I go to has awesome new equipment (3 power racks, never crowded, hack squat machine, tons of pin loaded machines) but management and other ppl there have problems with me.
    Music in earphones too loud ( no big deal I turned it down)
    "Dropping" my weights on deadlifts and Pendlays is too loud (lol really?)
    Grunting too loud (come on I grunt once usually on my last rep)
    Not using safety clips for my warmup sets

So anyone know any gyms guys?

I would say do some heavy googling or try and talk to, if you can, some other fitness guys in your area and see if you can find a hole in the wall gym. The little holes in the walls are usually the best. If you join a mainstream gym though try using the whole " I have a friend who is a member here and he's getting a lower rate than the one you offered me" trick. Most of them will come down and give you a better deal if you haggle.

Whatever gym you find, you're probably going to have to become accustomed to following other people's rules, even if you don't like them.

Depending on the weights and the surface, dropping after deadlifting can be pretty obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Whatever gym you find, you're probably going to have to become accustomed to following other people's rules, even if you don't like them.

Depending on the weights and the surface, dropping after deadlifting can be pretty obnoxious.
    Deadlift 500lbs for reps and try not to drop it after.

Don't even waste my time with commercial gyms tbh, much rather a good powerlifting gym with bumper plates.
    Ain't no chuch when you're living in the wild

Power lifting gyms are for people who want to be athletes. They encourage people to try hard, grunt, make noise and push their limits. Find a good power lifting gym, you'll never look back to those commercial dumps with their 'rules'.